full scan

dave1960

I've had kapersersky for years but since purchased new licence 10 months ago it's taking two days to do full scan, any ideas would be appreciated

Hello @dave1960

For the last 10 months, each full scan taking 2 days, that’s not normal!

1. Check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security
  2. Uninstall KIS, follow the documentation carefully, include a shutdown at the end of the uninstall, using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  3. Power on, login, download & clean install KIS,  follow the documentation carefully,
  4. Recheck Full scan duration?
  • If the issues persist, raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template below, however, if your KIS version is 21.2, select 21.1.15.500 as Kaspersky have not updated their templates, include a detailed history, all recovery steps taken, Support may ask for Trace files & other data, they will guide you. If you have images & or video of the  Full scan duration issues include those please?

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thankyou for your reply  but unfortunately it well over my head. Struggle with tech. All, I want is one that works, it was never a problem before

Hello @dave1960

You’re most welcome☺ !

A full scan, running for 2 days, for the past 10 months is not normal, there could be a software conflict, or it may be due to the KIS installation or maybe problems on the machine. 

• Contact Technical Support, if you’re unable to log the issue in your MyKaspersky account, following the guide we provided about, check on the Support contact page, select your Location, select Application use, select from available options: Phone (not available all locations) Online Chat (not available all locations). 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Tech is behond me and in the current Covid climate, every where is closed for tech advise.I had it on my tower for years with no problems. Bought a laptop  and all was ok for first year,renewed licence for second year and it started there. Ive looked online and numerous other people have had the same issue 

Tech is beyond me and in the current Covid climate, every where is closed for tech advise. I had it on my tower for years with no problems. Bought a laptop  and all was ok for first year, renewed licence for second year and it started there. I've looked online and numerous other people have had the same issue 

Hello @dave1960,

The Kaspersky Technical Support team will assist you, they may offer to remote to your device to do so; our recommendation is to do a clean install, however, if that cannot be done, your best option for a best outcome is to contact the Kaspersky Technical Support team & let them help, if they can. 

1. Can you share the links for “I've looked online and numerous other people have had the same issue” please?
  2. What solutions were all those other people offered? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋