Freezing keyboard

emaranhao

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 4:49 PM, emaranhao said:

Windows 10 x64 build 19044; Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.3.10.391 

• ?️From time to time my keyboard (not the virtual keyboard) freezes and I have to (1) restart Kaspersky to fix the problem.
  • ?️This problem has been happening for more than a year.

10 hours ago, emaranhao said:

I appreciate the feedback, but it didn't work. I had to (2) deactivate the secure keyboard input.

Hello @emaranhao

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. So, for clarity, the steps to solve, have now changed from (1restart Kaspersky to (2deactivate Secure keyboard input - is that correct? 
  2. Re Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) version 21.3.10.391(x), which patch(x), x = letter, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Is Windows fully updated, with all Updates showing a Successfully applied status? 
  4. Have the Keyboard drivers been updated / checked / refreshed? 
  5. In the year the physical keyboard has been intermittently freezing, has KSC been fully uninstalled, saving License information *only*, leaving all other check-boxes unchecked / blank & clean installed?  
  6. Is KSC Premium or Free?

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Answering your questions:
1 - Yes;
2 - (j);
3 - I think so, from what I could check all updates were successfully installed;
4 - I believe it is the original Microsoft driver and there is no update. Here's a note, my keyboard is a Razer DeathStalker, but I don't use Synapse, just the Microsoft driver;
5 - I didn't reinstall, it took me a while to realize that the problem was the anti virus;
6 - KSC Premium.

Thank you.

• Like 1