Free for commercial use

ltynk

Hi,
I’ve  read the EULA and it does not states anything about non-commercial use. But can anybody from the Kaspersky’s team confirm that free antivirus can be used for commercial use (installed on the business PC)?
Thank you

I’ve  read the EULA and it does not states anything about non-commercial use. But can anybody from the Kaspersky’s team confirm that free antivirus can be used for commercial use (installed on the business PC)?

Hello @ltynk

Welcome back!

1. Kaspersky’s Free anti-virus software can be installed on devices that meet hardware & software requirements, irrespective of home/business requirements, the user understands there is no technical support available with Kaspersky Free or Beta software. 
  2. There’s Kaspersky Free or Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, which software are you referring to? 
  3. Different regions may have different requirements, which region are you in? 
  4. If Kaspersky free (home) software is installed on commercial devices & you require support from the Kaspersky Community, topics you raise will (presumably) be in the Products for Home section. 
  5. Kaspersky have advised “In the nearest future we are going to replace Kaspersky Free with a more advanced solution — Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.”

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Additional resources:

END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) 

Support Rules for Kaspersky Software

Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison

My interest is into the EU versions. So I understand that Security Cloud Free (as it’s recommended one) can be used on commercial device (including limited features and no technical support)?

Hello @ltynk

Thank you for posting back & the information.

• Atm, Kaspersky do not publish documentation specific to Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, unlike Kaspersky Free, which does have it’s own documentation. We don’t know if they ever plan to publish Kaspersky Security Cloud Free documentation. 
  • As you don’t specific which devices (OS), please review END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) [GDPR-ready] for Kaspersky Security Cloud. 
  • Any device you install Kaspersky software on must meet Kaspersky hardware & software requirements, as we don’t know which devices you plan to install the software on, there’s too many to provide references for, however, the links we’ve provided also have the full suite of KSC Help, you’ll be able to find the information. 
  • The “limitations” are as we specified in our first reply. 
  • Please also review: Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison, so you’re aware of the  Kaspersky Security Cloud Free limitations. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋