Firefox add-ons says: "This is not a recommended extension" Why? [Closed]

ptoye
Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

KIS keeps giving me a notification telling me to install the Kaspersky Protection add-on to Firefox.  But when I try to Firefox tells me that it’s not recommended.

Why is this happening, and could Kaspersky please do whatever is needed to allow Mozilla to recommend it?

I’m using Firefox 73.0.1 and Windows 10 Home.

Thanks @andrew75  - but not a lot of help unfortunately. Mozilla seem to have gone into paranoia mode.

I looked at your link and at the bottom there’s an article on how to suggest add-ons. Unfortunately it says “Yes. If there’s extension you feel should be Recommended, please email amo-featured [at] mozilla [dot] org with a link to its AMO listing page. “ without telling you what on earth an “AMO listing page” is… Would KIS have such a thing?

@Schulte Agreed. But my point is that Mozilla actively discourages users from using add-ons that aren’t recommended. I don’t read ‘recommended’ as meaning ‘generally recommended’. That would be far too restrictive. I read it as meaning ‘Mozilla has agreed that this add-on is harmless and can therefore be recommended if it would be useful to the user’.

It would, I think, be reasonable for Kaspersky to ask Mozilla to evaluate the KP add-on and either add it to the list of recommended add-ons or to state publicly why they will not.

PS: I will mail the AMO site to see what happens.