File anti-virus report indicates unprocessed objects due to their size

Go to solution Solved by richbuff,

Hello @JPEKaspersky,

Welcome back!

There are a number of issues with the v21 Report interface, it may be the issue you’re reporting is related🤔

1. Please go to several files in the Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft path, check properties of the files and report back the file sizes please - check at least 6?
  2. Also, it would help us help you if the Report was saved and added to your topic as a text file, especially as translating Portuguese from a screen image is resource intensive. 

Please post back with the information?

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky.

Hello @FLOOD 

Attached is the text report of the file anti-virus.

I checked some files, most are no longer in the folders, others like:

C: \ Program Files (x86\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\1.3.135.29\ MicrosoftEdgeUpdateSetup.exe is 1778Kb and  C:\Windows\Installer\ 40628.msi has 88 Mb.

In the Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft path all files have 1 Kb and those that appear in the report are no longer there.

This is the feedback I can give you.

JP

Hello @JPEKaspersky

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the information & the Report👌

• For scanning, an 88mb file is not extreme & files with a file size of 1kb will not exceed “unprocessed files - maximum file size” for scanning. 
  1. (ioo) the issue is related to the existing known Report interface issues. 
  2. Did you ever raise an request with Kaspersky Technical Support for the Update databases show a date of 1601 issue when @Berny advised you to? 
  3. If “yes”, please update the INC with this information & ask the Support Team is they are also aware of this additional problem? 

Please share the advice the Kaspersky Support Team give, with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hello @FLOOD , again. I have already made the order unfortunately the request to the technical support was "Waiting for the order to be processed".

It is no longer the first time that I open a ticket and you are in this situation.

Hello @JPEKaspersky

1. Have you just opened a new request and the status of the new request is “Waiting for processing the request”?
  2. What is the incident number please? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

I opened “My Kaspersky” again to see the order number and this is the number INC000011950365. The status has already changed to the normal situation however: "Waiting for response from technical support". Grettings, 👍JP

Hello @JPEKaspersky,

1. Very good, "Waiting for response from technical support" is normal, the Kaspersky Technical Support Team will respond in due course, normally within 24hrs to 5 days.
  2. They may ask for a new GSI & Windows Logs, & they may also ask for Traces, if so, they will guide you with the steps to collect the Traces. 
  3. Please share the advice the Kaspersky Support Team give, with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

I opened “My Kaspersky” again to see the order number and this is the number INC000011950365. The status has already changed to the normal situation however: "Waiting for response from technical support". Grettings, 👍JP

Hello @JPEKaspersky,

1. Very good, "Waiting for response from technical support" is normal, the Kaspersky Technical Support Team will respond in due course, normally within 24hrs to 5 days.
  2. They may ask for a new GSI & Windows Logs, & they may also ask for Traces, if so, they will guide you with the steps to collect the Traces. 
  3. Please share the advice the Kaspersky Support Team give, with the Community, when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

OK, @FLOOD 👍

A nice weekend to you and all community 🙏

JP

Good afternoon everyone.

For reasons beyond my control (personal and family) I will be absent for a long time (illness).

As I don't have a mobile internet, I decided to close the case with technical support.

I apologize immensely for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

Greetings.

• Solution

Good afternoon everyone.

For reasons beyond my control (personal and family) I will be absent for a long time (illness).

As I don't have a mobile internet, I decided to close the case with technical support.

I apologize immensely for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

Greetings.

No need to apologize, of course. I hope you and your family are abundantly blessed. 

• 5 months later...

I know this thread is 5 months old, but I didn’t want to create a new topic because I have exactly the same problem. There are lots of files (referred to as “objects”) which could not be processed by File Anti-Virus.

I am currently using KIS 21.3, Windows 10, and haven’t found a solution to this problem yet. Is this a bug that has not been fixed yet?

I’m currently running KIS 21.3. Yep, our screenshots look somewhat similar. Hm...

Hello @Buddel

You’re most welcome☺ !

We’ve filtered our report to focus on the important information. 

In 21.2, there were Report cosmetic issues that were supposed to be fixed in  21.3🤔

Unless @richbuff has different advice, please raise a case with  Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Other template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Again, thanks for your reply, @Flood and Flood's wife I did open a support ticket with Kaspersky not too long ago, but all they told me was that “there might be unprocessed object entries in the reports for file anti-virus” without telling me why  and when this happens. It would be a better idea, I think, if you opened your own ticket. Maybe you will get a more technical answer to this question than I did.

Best wishes,

Buddel

Again, thanks for your reply, @Flood and Flood's wife I did open a support ticket with Kaspersky not too long ago, but all they told me was that “there might be unprocessed object entries in the reports for file anti-virus” without telling me why  and when this happens.

Hello @Buddel

You’re most welcome☺ ! 

If the Kaspersky Technical Team did not answer your “why” & “when” questions(s), go back to them & ask again. 

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I think I have found the culprit. It’s got somethinig to do with the File Anti-Virus settings. I disabled the option “Extract compound files in the background” about one hour ago and I haven’t had any addtions to the reports list since then. Seems like disabling this option is the solution to this issue.

Credit goes to @Schulte He provided the solution in the German part of this forum. Thank you!