File Anti-Virus interference Not being notified Nor logged. Interference in the installation of Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack

Hi.

Kaspersky Internet Security did not inform me that it’s File Anti-Virus subsystem was making an interference in the installation of Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.0.20-137117.

I’m talking about the Notification and Logging (Reports) subsystems.

I’m not talking about the File Anti-Virus subsystem. (Whether my setup was problematic, or VirtualBox did it non-standard, or Kaspersky File Anti-Virus made a wrong interference, can be target of another discussion. For the record, I tested disabling Kaspersky File Anti-Virus thanks to a VirtualBox forum user who noted his experience with a McAfee file anti-virus!)

Of course it would be solved much sooner and easier if it did tell me about the interference.

I’d like to prevent a future confusion.

So:

1. Is it possible that Kaspersky File Anti-Virus makes an interference that disappears when it’s disabled without actually trying to block something ? I’m trying to first consider other possible explanations for the absence of the log. Are any and all possible blockages through a decision making system?
  2. What can I do to make sure I won’t miss any blocking notifications? I’ve always tried to make Kaspersky more verbose about what it blocks (and also get rid of non-important distracting notifications), but now I looked at the notification settings to make sure, and saw it saying “46 hidden notifications” (or something like that) and I clicked “Reset all hidden notifications”, but again, the installation fails when File Anti-Virus is enabled and there is no notification or log.

Hello @Kalaaq 

Welcome!

1. How is Windows Notifications configured for KIS? 
  2. Reset KIS Settings to Default, shutdown device using full Shutdown, power on, login, make sure KIS is active. 
  3. Check Notifications🤔
  • If issue persists: log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they’ll require a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history, the KIS ALL EVENTS, 7Day Report, images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated.  
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Kalaaq 

You’re welcome!

Windows Notifications for KIS

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. Thanks, but I’m using Win 8.1 (How can people tolerate Win 10? :)) ). I searched for it and found it in “PC Settings” app and looks like there is no app-specific settings for Win 8.1, and every other notification setting was correct.
  2. , 3. I need some time. Will report back for the record (and of course, will follow the rest with the support team).

Thanks.

Hello @Kalaaq,

You’re welcome!

• ⚠ Using Hypervisor & Virtualbox needs to be checked, there may be a conflict🤔
  •  Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction template, include images, detailed history, Traces & a GSI & Windows Logs. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: just like us, Support do not have a 🔮 , the more correct and detailed information you provide, the more likely they’ll be able to assist. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳