False-positive? Flight Simulator 2020 - PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk

CronoK
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi all, 

We need additional information to resolve this issue: 

1. System Watcher log - here is the instruction how to get it. 

2. Traces - how to get. (Disable Automatic updates before enabling traces).

Please submit a ticket to technical support via my.kaspersky.com and send me the incident number via PM. 

Regards,

Igor

I sent it yesterday at noon to the Polish departament of kaspersky

@Igor Kurzin i send You in private message link to ticket in Your system with all collected data.

Best regards

TaKeN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update to this issue? I wanna keep a clean record in my Kaspersky logs and not just try/backup again :)

Yes i send all logs to Kaspersky and they find a problem ofc that was False Positive.

They repair this problem in new version of database.

Best Regards

Mod: FIXED.

Hello,

I just update database to release (2020.09.15 4:15am time) and game working properly.

No more false positive - anyone can check and confirm too a new database resolve problem?

Remember what Berny say - after update database reboot computer is required.

Best Regards

TaKeN

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem today. After the new update from the Microsoft flight simulator 2020 for the version 1.15.7.0 Kaspersky detects the FlightSimulator.exe as a virus.

Databases in Kaspersky are updated: 13.04.2021 but the problem is still there.

I have exactly the same issue here with Microsoft Flight Simulator, after updated to V1.15.7.0, my Kaspersky Internet Security detects the Flightsimulator.EXE as PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk

The update came directly via Microsoft Store on Windows 10 Pro 20H2.

So, seeing what happened back in September 2020, this is pretty sure , again, a false positive, please solve it quickly, I was developing scenery for MSFS and now I’m stuck here…...

I currently have KISv21.2.16.590(c) with 2021/04/13 database.

Hi all, 

1. Update base of our product and check problem again. if the problem persists:
  2. Enable trace files. how to get
  3. Reproduce problem (need run game again and reproduce detection).
  4. Disable trace files.
  5. Please submit a ticket to technical support via https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support and send me the incident number via PM. 

Hi,

Same problem for me…

After Microsoft Store update, launch of FS2020 is stopped by Kaspersky with warning : flightsimulator.exe as  the PDM:Exploit.Win32.Generic.nblk

I’ve tried to add in exclusions, put FS2020 in trusted applications, no way, always impossible to launch the game !

Kaspersky, please solve that :)

Hi Danila,

Same issue here. I tried to follow your procedure, but it fails at the first step because the folder “SysWHist” is not accessible (no grant, even in Admin mode), so creating a zip file from it is not possible.

I also tried to exclude the main file “FlightSimulator.exe” from any protection, without success.

Hi all, 

1. System Watcher log - here is the instruction how to get it. 

2. Traces - how to get. (Disable Automatic updates before enabling traces).

Please submit a ticket to technical support via https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support and send me the incident number via PM. 

Hello @Danila T. ,

I’m not able to access the  SysWHist folder, it is protected : do you have an embedded support tool for that ?

For traces, do you expect me to reinstall this 100+ Gb software to reproduce the issue ? Do you have a more customer friendly approach ?

Best regards,

Franck.