Failed to initialize Microsoft .Net Framework

Hi everyone.

I recently updated to Kaspersky Premium (from Cloud Security Free), when the program updated and it was about to open, the following error appeared

Failed to initialize Microsoft .Net Framework. Try to Re-install it

"Failed to initialize Microsoft .Net Framework. Please Reinstall it"

I tried to reinstall Kaspersky, I installed and Reinstalled .Net Framework 4.8 and 4.8.1, I installed Desktop Runtime 5.*.* and 6.*.*, I used the fix dotnet tool and I have .Net 7.0.

I really do not know what to do.

- OS is Windows 11 Pro 22H2

- The Kaspersky product is Kaspersky Premium (installed today, 2/27/2023)

Same problem here running Windows11 on  a near-new computer. I have tried updating Windows, running the "fix" tool and fiddling with the apps on the control panel to no effect.

it looks as if something in a recent windows update may have upset Kaspersky as everything else works o.k..

• 4 weeks later...

You can encounter a.NET Framework or.Net Desktop Runtime error during the installation or start of a Kaspersky application. Solution If the.Net Framework error occurs: Download and run Microsoft.NET Framework Repair Tool. Follow the steps of the installation wizard and then restart the computer.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, Morph000 said:

Having the same problem with a purchase last month of Kaspersky Premium.

Going round in circles with entry level tech support.

1. Anyone got a fix for them?

Hello @Morph000

Welcome!

1. IF you've tried the suggestions in the previous replies & 'entry level tech support' are not providing adequate support, have you accessed Premium Support Services - a component of (your) Premium subscription? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...

For those having the .NET issue - please check your Windows environment variables, specifically: COMPlus_GCName and DOTNET_EnableWriteXorExecute 

If they exist, then delete them and try to start Kaspersky.

Those 2 variables were the problem in my case caused by 3rd party software, but nonetheless demonstrate a security flaw that can easily prevent Kaspersky from installing or executing.

No need to reinstall Kaspersky or Windows as some may wish to suggest. 😎

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 9:53 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Morph000

Welcome!

1. IF you've tried the suggestions in the previous replies & 'entry level tech support' are not providing adequate support, have you accessed Premium Support Services - a component of (your) Premium subscription? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I have and they are just as clueless.