Failed to export settings - Error code:0

Go to solution Solved by Xzz123,

Hi,

I have the same problem for the Free version. Yeah, I know this is not the Free version page but didn't find other related topic. I will create a new one if needed in the Free version section.

The export worked in 21.15 but not working since 21.16. Patch (a) and (b) didn't solve the problem. The error code is as shown below:

Image-725.png

Thanks!

Hi Berny,

Already did that a couple of times, even using the kavremover tool. The problem still remains. I also have Comodo installed (I know it's incompatible with Kaspersky) but I am using this combo for a decade literally without any problems (with my own custom settings). Also, the problem didn't appear in 21.15, so I doubt Comodo is the culprit here.

Thanks again!

Btw, the Import and the Restore functions are working as it should. Only the export doesn't work. Also, I've tried to save the CFG file in different folders to check if this is some kind of permission issue but still no go.

@FFFreestyleRRR

2 hours ago, FFFreestyleRRR said:

some kind of permission issue

Unfortunately Kaspersky Technical Support is not available for Free products and for privacy reasons we don't request system logs on this Forum. Please wait for other suggestions ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berny said:

@FFFreestyleRRR

Unfortunately Kaspersky Technical Support is not available for Free products and for privacy reasons we don't request system logs on this Forum. Please wait for other suggestions ...

I understand. No problems. In fact, a support is not needed. I opened the threat to let Kaspersky team know about the issue when seeing that patch (b) didn't resolve it. It seems the issue is not widespread and probably only a few of us are affected by this problem. Not big deal. I remember all the settings and for the exclusions usually installing a new version over the previous one transfer them successfully. So as I said, not a big deal. Only annoyance.

I've noticed another problem as well. I had to add to the trusted files list a program called (The Cannery). There wasn't any problems with it when using 21.15. But 21.16 rendered it unusable until added it to the trusted list. So probably there are some changes in the File Antivirus components. Other than that, so far, so good. 🙂

hXXps://fstaal01.home.xs4all.nl/cannery-us.html

Thanks! It worked. I had 2 mysterious orphaned profiles (probably when Kaspersky used an old version of .Net Framework) named - C:\Users\.NET v4.5 and C:\Users\.NET v4.5 Classic.

When deleted both, I am able to export the settings again. It's strange that I was able to export the settings in 21.15 and probably the invalid profiles were still there (unless they were introduced in 21.16 installer for some reason).

Thanks again! That bothered me for weeks!

31 minutes ago, Berny said:

@FFFreestyleRRR

Also fixed with upcoming Patch “c” ?

Good to know. Patch (c) is already applied on my system after a reboot when I finished editing the registry.

It will be good if Kaspersky can improve the kavremover tool to delete such entries in the future (if they were introduced by the Kaspersky installer).

• Like 1