Face unlock on Android

Guest #4466

Berny,

thx for the quick reply, while I share your concerns about face unlock I also like to have a choice to take this risk or not. Is fingerprint unlock supported for the password manager?

Stephan

• 1 month later...

Hello @dragunekcz,

Welcome!

Atm, Facial recognition technology is not supported. 

If you wish for Kaspersky to provide a solution, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support

After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 year later...

I messaged support about this at the end of 2020, they just now followed up 8 months later that they “received a reply from the Escalation team that the Experts team has confirmed that the fix for this bug will be implemented in the future without any specific ETA”. So I think the devs finally have it tucked away in a to-do list. But as of Aug.25 2021, it appears that other biometrics other than fingerprint are still not supported. I already switched password managers, but I hope this info helps someone!