Event: Object not processed errors in file scan for data0000.res file

niklen

using Security cloud free,  OS: win10 64bit

i keep seeing these Event: Object not processed errors in file scan for same data0000 file across 3 different files - is it a malware? quick and full scans flag no issues, i checked these exe files on virustotal and they came back clean: 

using Security cloud free,  OS: win10 64bit

i keep seeing these Event: Object not processed errors in file scan for same data0000 file across 3 different files - is it a malware? quick and full scans flag no issues, i checked these exe files on virus total and they came back clean: 

Hello @niklen

Welcome!

1. Please Read before you create a new topic! & provide the required information? 
  2. What is the actual size of each object? 
  3. Is the image from Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

hi @Flood and Flood's wife , thought i did provide the info in the original post but here they are again:

Version of your operating system - win10 64bit 

Name and version number of the Kaspersky application: security cloud v21.3.10.391

1. What is the actual size of each object?  respectively of the exe files,  21.3mb (acrobat), 5.96mb (edge), 116mb (teams). i don’t know how to access the res file within the exe files.
  2. Is the image from Kaspersky Security Cloud Reports? yes.

hope these help. fwiw kaspersky skipped these due to size (per my screenshots above) and malwarebytes didn’t flag anything… just weird for me that 3 diff exes have a similar named data0000 file

Hello @niklen

Thank you for posting back & the information👌 !

1. Which patch is KSC 21.3.10.391(x)? 
  2. When you say “ file scan”, is it Selective scan, Scan from context menu or another scan → which scan is generating the events?
  3. When each object is manually scanned, does it generate the same error?  
  4. Are the “Object not processed “ events marked with a blue, yellow or red icon {because the image has been cropped, it’s impossible for us to see what you actually see}? 
  5. Is  'Log non-critical events' enabled? 
  6. Do the following → go to Manage settings, select Export, save KSC configuration, select Restore, shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, replicate the “Object not processed “ events issue & post back a full screen image of the events issue, including the desktop Taskbar date & time please? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

hi @Flood and Flood's wife ,

1. Which patch is KSC 21.3.10.391(x)?    (g)
  2. When you say “ file scan”, is it Selective scan, Scan from context menu or another scan → which scan is generating the events?  i think it’s an auto scan? it’s under file anti-v in reports.
  3. When each object is manually scanned, does it generate the same error?  nope. comes out clean
  4. Are the “Object not processed “ events marked with a blue, yellow or red icon {because the image has been cropped, it’s impossible for us to see what you actually see}?  yellow triangle.
  5. Is  'Log non-critical events' enabled?  i’m using KSC free… there’s no option for that under settings > reports and quarantine...
  6. Do the following → go to Manage settings, select Export, save KSC configuration, select Restore, shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, replicate the “Object not processed “ events issue & post back a full screen image of the events issue, including the desktop Taskbar date & time please?  i’ll do that in a bit - the edge data0000 error has cropped up the last few days though. 

Hello @niklen,

Thank you for posting back & the information👌 !

1. So we don’t have to keep guessing, may we *please* have a full screen image of the report, with the detections?
  2. Re  'Log non-critical events' → Interface, Notification settings
  3. 6. Outstanding → when you have time please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋