Error while scanning the encrypted connection emxdgt, cs.emxdgt.com

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for taking time to respond. I selected “Ignore and remember”. I don’t understand what I’ve asked KTS to ignore. Ignore a request by the website to connect? From the wording in the message it sounded as if my computer was already connected to “confirmsubscription.com”. I’m sure I don’t want this website to be added as a safe website (exclusion?) and so by process of elimination it appears that ignore and remember is the correct response. Thank you for the explanation about reports but there isn’t one for today.  

I didn’t see any information about a patch. Thanks again for your help. 

Hello @Day6

You’re most welcome☺ !

There has not been a connection, the “encrypted connection” error occurred, Kaspersky alerted you, you’ve responded with the recommended workaround = Ignore & remember. 

You have told the app to ignore the connection request & to continue to ignore the connection request. 

The link to the tutorial we gave earlier by @Danila T. has some steps to follow, those steps are also outlined in this topic. 

Several ways to find version & patch info:

1. Windows Taskbar, rightclick Kaspersky icon, select About -  image 1
  2. Windows hidden icons, rightclick Kaspersky icon, select About  image 2
  3. Open Kaspersky application, select Support/headset - lower left hand corner of app, Support page opens & shows version & patch information image 3

• In the Reports, are there any events that match, they may be in timeframe prior to the last 24hours? If ”yes”, save the report & post it with your reply please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@essenjeyPlease see multiple comments above.

In the meantime :

Link

That’s not answering my question. “When will there be an explanation as to what this error is…?”

Is this even being looked at by developers or technical support? (Or is it just going to be ignored?)

Well, since there is no aparent reason for our machine to be “secretly” trying o conect to an ads agency address, I assume we were caught by some kind of malware that KS didn’t recognize. Unfortunatelly, it happens… nothing is perfect.

In fact, I see the day coming when the only trusted protection will be some kind of artificial intelligence that locks threads dinamically and smartly, since the protective technologies we have today are overpast, and the bad guys are evolving really fast with modern kind of threads everyday, mainly on the internet. Am I a dreamer?

Very disappointing that we are getting a “just trust us its fine” comment with a June release. Guess which companies I trust? None. This is not an acceptable answer, its either

1.  A false positive - Code issue that will be fixed
  2. A risk that is being addressed, but do not want to give technicals so that an exploit can be in the put in the wild(this means it should not be waiting until June)
  3. We aren’t sure but stated that we have a fix to buy time.

Either way, as a long time user of the services offered, this was the lynch pin to dump Kaspersky products and put my money some place else, the only thing I really can do as a consumer. I will not tolerate the response of “Don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain”

So as far I understand nobody knows what this is “but it is safe to ignore”.

I want to block this as I consider it malicious. (It is marketing, I do really consider this is)

How can it be blocked? There are only “Add to exclusions” and “Ignore”; whatever they mean, which one blacklists this?

So as far I understand nobody knows what this is “but it is safe to ignore”.

I want to block this as I consider it malicious. (It is marketing, I do really consider this is)

How can it be blocked? There are only “Add to exclusions” and “Ignore”; whatever they mean, which one blacklists this?

Hello @javierfar

Welcome!

Please read @Igor Kurzin’s reply:

Hi all, we have been investigating this issue, we will provide an update as soon as there is news. The workaround is to click “Ignore and remember:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

For me, this thing kept popping up when I browsed websites with advertisements using Chrome.

I was able to make it stop by blocking the emxdgt.com site in Chrome’s site settings (I changed everything to “Block” including cookies and images). 

The “‘ignore and remember’, everything is fine” attitude isn’t comforting when it comes from my AV developer. If I was the type of person who thought that approach was OK, I’d still be using another antivirus software which came with my machine.

This problem has been around for months. If you were able to fix it you’d have released it as a hotfix by now, instead of telling everyone to click ‘OK’ and wait until an undefined day in June.

I’m just going to block the site entirely, and based on this thread it looks like I need to do my biannual search of ‘which antivirus is best (insert current year here)’ once my subscription ends.

I do think “ignore and remember” would be fine. What’s apparently happening is that this site is trying to open http: without supporting https. That’s sketchy but not really a vector *if you don’t accept the connection* and choosing “ignore and remember” is like blocking, it’s just saying “remember I don’t want to let this site open http connections”. I definitely think the messaging in the popup could be better. But, since blocking the site in chrome (as in my post above) I haven’t had the popup return, I don’t think it could be anything like a keylogger or virus (as some have said above) - it’s clearly just part of the advertising in chrome, trying to load an image via http, which now the browser blocks silently so kasperksy doesn’t have to ask me anymore. 

I get why people are worried! I was worried too, that’s why I came here. And the person saying to do ‘ignore and remember’ hasn’t explained why that’s safe to do very clearly. But it sure looks like it *is* safe to do. Though, still, I’m not going to do it, I blocked it in Chrome instead and that also works, try it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...