Error while scanning the encrypted connection

Running Windows 10 Pro and the latest version of Kaspersky Premium (I'm having trouble finding the full version number).

Migrating to Firefox and have applied profile preferences via a user-overrides.js file for enhanced privacy and security.

After doing so, I'm receiving the two errors as attached immediately upon opening the browser.  I did read the information at https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/error/other/13720.

However, I'm wondering how they apply to my specific use case.  I didn't get them before setting the preferences and am unsure if it's safe to "ignore and remember".

Any insight would be sincerely appreciated!

ERROR WHILE SCANNING CONTENT SIGNATURE.jpg

TRACKING PROTECTION.jpg

17 minutes ago, always_working said:
  1. Running Windows 10 Pro and the latest version of Kaspersky Premium (I'm having trouble finding the full version number).
  2. Migrating to Firefox and have applied profile preferences via a user-overrides.js file for enhanced privacy and security.
  3. After doing so, I'm receiving the two errors as attached immediately upon opening the browser.  I did read the information at https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/error/other/13720.

However, I'm wondering how they apply to my specific use case.  I didn't get them before setting the preferences and am unsure if it's safe to "ignore and remember".

Hello @always_working

Welcome back!

1. Version & patch can be found a number of ways: on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About OR follow Danila T'.s guide: Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Which certificate store is selected: Windows or Mozilla? 
  3. Because the errors appeared directly after the modifications (you) made, we recommend you log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Corrected spelling

Thanks!

1.  I did read the guide but it applied to Total Security.  Icon right-click / About worked.  Kaspersky Premium 21.8.5.452 (c)

2.  Windows.  Would I need / it is recommended to switch to Mozilla if Firefox will be my default browser?

3.  I will log a request if need be but it's my thinking that I just need a better understanding to move forward and don't think it's an error or technical malfunction.  I want to learn what those notifications mean in this circumstance.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, always_working said:
  1. I did read the guide but it applied to Total Security. 
  2. Kaspersky Premium 21.8.5.452 (c)
  3. Windows.  Would I need / it is recommended to switch to Mozilla if Firefox will be my default browser?
  4. I will log a request if need be but it's my thinking that I just need a better understanding to move forward and don't think it's an error or technical malfunction
  5. I want to learn what those notifications mean in this circumstance.

Hello @always_working

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information. 

1. A request to update Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium version information documentation has been submitted; having said that; the version information is always on the Support page of Kaspersky's software -> accessing the Support / Customer service page is always by selecting the headset? icon OR as we provided about, via the About screen. 
  2. v21.9 has been released, either update or wait for the update & recheck? 
  3. Test it & see? 
  4. & support is best placed to provide you with a *better understanding*; they will analyze the data from your computer & provide a definitive answer, the Community cannot do that; all we have to go on is 'how the error presented = you made a change, the error appeared'.
  5. Again, support will answer based on the analysis of your computer - that answer will be targeted exactly to *this circumstance*, anything from the Community is hypothetical - we have no eyes on (your) machine. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Modified 1

Thanks for the informative reply.

Regarding v21.9, I (mistakenly) thought that app/version updates took place automatically (like the virus definitions do).

Is there no way to be notified when there is a new version or update within the app itself?  Is the answer to just continuously check for new updates and install over the top of the old version?  There must be a better way.

After I've updated, I'll reach out to Kaspersky support if the issue persists.

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, always_working said:
  1. Regarding v21.9, I (mistakenly) thought that app/version updates took place automatically (like the virus definitions do).
  2. Is there no way to be notified when there is a new version or update within the app itself?  Is the answer to just continuously check for new updates and install over the top of the old version?  There must be a better way.

Hello @always_working

You're most welcome!

1. & 2. Version updates are done automatically via total force update - TFU, the updates are released around the globe in a staggered distribution, a version update may arrive on (your) machine, it will sit & wait for the machine to be rebooted or 7 days/168 hours to pass; IF the machine is not rebooted in that timeframe & the 7 days passes, the Kaspersky icon (on Windows taskbar or hidden icons) will turn red, the Kaspersky icon, in the main window GUI will turn yellow, there will be a notification in the Notification center - advising the device requires rebooting & there may also be a notification in the Windows Action center. 

Now you're clearly like other Kaspersky subscribers who think it would be useful to know a version has arrived, when it *actually* arrives - like why wait 7 days? We know IF we knew a version was sitting in the wings, we'd be applying it - but no, Kaspersky in all their wisdom ship the version & then wait & wait & wait for 7 days before showing any sign a version has arrived; go figure?

So, if you haven't rebooted (your) computer recently, you may wish to do so; IF a version is waiting it will be updated; otherwise, you'll need to wait for the version to arrive. 

1 & 2 used to be documented, sadly that's no longer the case for the new software release. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky for Windows release notes

added extra info. || added resource

2 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @always_working

You're most welcome!

1. & 2. Version updates are done automatically via total force update - TFU, the updates are released around the globe in a staggered distribution, a version update may arrive on (your) machine, it will sit & wait for the machine to be rebooted or 7 days/168 hours to pass; IF the machine is not rebooted in that timeframe & the 7 days passes, the Kaspersky icon (on Windows taskbar or hidden icons) will turn red, the Kaspersky icon, in the main window GUI will turn yellow, there will be a notification in the Notification center - advising the device requires rebooting & there may also be a notification in the Windows Action center. 

Now you're clearly like other Kaspersky subscribers who think it would be useful to know a version has arrived, when it *actually* arrives - like why wait 7 days? We know IF we knew a version was sitting in the wings, we'd be applying it - but no, Kaspersky in all their wisdom ship the version & then wait & wait & wait for 7 days before showing any sign a version has arrived; go figure?

So, if you haven't rebooted (your) computer recently, you may wish to do so; IF a version is waiting it will be updated; otherwise, you'll need to wait for the version to arrive. 

1 & 2 used to be documented, sadly that's no longer the case for the new software release. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky for Windows release notes

Wow this sound kind of crazy that you need to wait 7 day for any type of notification that you need to restart your computer. Sounds kind of bad and would that not lead to your computer being kind of open to vulnerabilities during that time frame?