"error in graphics driver occured", avpui.exe The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Evjlsrain, Welcome! May we have some history please: Did you have any licenced Kaspersky software installed before you decided to install Kaspersky 2020? If so, which product, name, version, patch #? Have you removed all incompatible software Kaspersky advises must be done before installing Kaspersky software? Is there a reason you're choosing 2020? Any other info that will help us help you? The more we know please, the more specific we can be in providing help. Thanks!

Hello Evjlsrain, Welcome! May we have some history please: Did you have any licenced Kaspersky software installed before you decided to install Kaspersky 2020? If so, which product, name, version, patch #? Have you removed all incompatible software Kaspersky advises must be done before installing Kaspersky software? Is there a reason you're choosing 2020? Any other info that will help us help you? The more we know please, the more specific we can be in providing help. Thanks!
Hello, 1/ I don't have any licensed Kaspersky software before installation. Actually before this installation I tried to install the version from this link and got the exact same problem so I was forced to uninstall it http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/en-GB/SAAS/20.0.14.1085/startup.exe 2/ I downloaded from this link. Kaspersky has been updated since the GUI was unable to start. The problem appeared as soon as I finished installing http://dm.kaspersky-labs.com/en-GB/KAV/20.0.14.1085/startup.exe 3/ I choose 2020 because it's the latest and fastest version according to several users I never had any problem with Kaspersky security cloud free 2019 Additional information: I used NET framework repair tool from microsoft but it didn't solve the issue I upgraded and downgraded NET framework between 4.7 and 4.8 => still occured I ran "ngen update" and sfc/scannow => nothing changed I refuse to use Kaspersky removal tool because I will 100% break system restore/system protection. It will take several steps to repair system restore (I know how to fix it) so if you ask me to use it, I can't I found out some people also have this problem in a Chinese forum https://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-2151529-1-1.html Thank you

Your event viewer shows that your system/hardware may not be happy, to use anthropomorphic terms. This looks like a very techie type of issue. .NET Runtime: Application: avpui.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 76F90EF7 Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

Why do You get that interpretation? usually commercial licenses = final :) Although I know TR also accepts commercial licenses, but usually TR are not uploaded to online installation servers...
KAV 2020 isn't listed on Kaspersky.com. If you go to get KAV you get the 2019 version.

Usually new versions are leaked gradually, as previous years, and the official announce in Kaspersky Site takes longer :) K2020 has already 2 Patches a & b indeed :) And online helps are already ready, for example I'm using KTS2020b: https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2020/en-US/87342.htm

Hi, 2020 versions are already released in some regions. I think Russia, and China. English installer (I think non-GDPR) is available but not release officially at the moment. Regards

Also, in addition to the post located directly above this post that was posted for The Original Poster: Alex: Please Stop hijacking other persons topic threads. Your hijacking question has nothing to do with this topic, that Some One Else opened to help with his issue! :) :relaxed: Everyone else: You can find all the extensive hijack content in the Trash. :) :relaxed: Edit: Add happy faces.

I submitted a technical support to Kaspersky in English. I chose version 2019 because 2020 was not available on the support website They replied me today in my language Summary: 1/ use Kaspersky Removal tool to uninstall everything 2/ Download and install Kaspersky 2018 !!!!! It's not technical enough :facepalm:

What's not "technical enough" Evjlsrain?
I wrote on the previous post the support was not good enough (official re-seller in my country). It was like a generic reply from a template they send to everyone They tell me to install version 2018 while 2019 is already out for a long period of time

You can find all the extensive hijack content in the Trash.
Hi Richbuff, Can you, at least put back the 2020 d/l sources and doc refs Harlan4096 posted please? (the OP asked for that information AND it was & is useful to others as well). Thank you. //Hi Flood, Please see: https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-total-security-14/problem-with-chrono-download-manager-virus-scan-failed-on-network-drives-990#post7881 Thank you.

What's not "technical enough" Evjlsrain?
I wrote on the previous post the support was not good enough (official re-seller in my country). It was like a generic reply from a template they send to everyone They tell me to install version 2018 while 2019 is already out for a long period of time
Evjlsrain, I can't see: "the support was not good enough (official re-seller in my country). It was like a generic reply from a template they send to everyone. They tell me to install version 2018 while 2019 is already out for a long period of time" anywhere in this topic, other than where you've posted it just now.
  1. Re: (official re-seller in my country). Which Support team did you contact?
  2. Did you ask them why they want you to install 2018?
If you have an issue with the Support advice you need to communicate with them. We can't "interpret" or change their advice to you. You've stated here you refuse to use Kaspersky removal tool. The reason you've given "because I will 100% break system restore/system protection", is not understood. IF a system restore is necessary (for anyone) "several steps" are always involved. IF you "know how to fix it", what's the problem? IF you have current sysimage, restore points, backups, what's the problem? You've installed various iterations of Kaspersky software. You need to clean the system and start again. I'm actually surprised (Kaspersky) Support offered any advice, given you're using Kaspersky free version (software).

Evjlsrain, I can't see: "the support was not good enough (official re-seller in my country). It was like a generic reply from a template they send to everyone. They tell me to install version 2018 while 2019 is already out for a long period of time" anywhere in this topic, other than where you've posted it just now.
  1. Re: (official re-seller in my country). Which Support team did you contact?
  2. Did you ask them why they want you to install 2018?
If you have an issue with the Support advice you need to communicate with them. We can't "interpret" or change their advice to you. You've stated here you refuse to use Kaspersky removal tool. The reason you've given "because I will 100% break system restore/system protection", is not understood. IF a system restore is necessary (for anyone) "several steps" are always involved. IF you "know how to fix it", what's the problem? IF you have current sysimage, restore points, backups, what's the problem? You've installed various iterations of Kaspersky software. You need to clean the system and start again. I'm actually surprised (Kaspersky) Support offered any advice, given you're using Kaspersky free version (software).
here is the quote of the support kaspersky sent me via email:
Chào Anh/chị ! - Anh/Chị tải về công cụ gỡ bỏ phần mềm Kaspersky theo link sau: http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/ConsumerUtilities/kavremvr.exe- Sau khi tải về, Anh/Chị chạy công cụ này lên > giao diện đầu tiên xuất hiện chọn Accept > giao diện tiếp theo điền vào dãy số xuất hiện trong bức tranh sau đó chọn Remove > sau khi remove thành công giao diện thông báo hoàn thành xuất hiện Anh/Chị chọn Ok để khởi động lại máy tính />- Sau khi khởi động lại máy tính, Anh/Chị tiến hành cài đặt và kích hoạt lại bản quyền Kaspersky! Tùy thuộc vào loại bản quyền Kaspersky mà Anh/Chị mua > mà Anh/Chị chọn link tải về phù hợp! - Link tải Kaspersky Internet Security 2018_abcd: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ulbodLt-pRpJcFplj9DBrnOvcB6uV37W - Link tải Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018_abcd: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qf_4oCYVr0GVGkU9rqaCyuCsvPbsDWm1 - Link tải Kaspersky Total Security 2018_abcd: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ts-5zRp9eheLTfCZEBd7qzPKeutsU6WX- Lưu ý: Anh/chị phải có thẻ cào mã key để kích hoạt lại chương trình sau khi cài đặt lại ạ. Nếu tải về không được > Anh/Chị vui lòng phản hồi (reply) lại email này để bên em có các hướng hỗ trợ khác cho Anh/Chị! Nếu xử lý không thành công, Anh/Chị vui lòng gửi email miêu tả tình hình chi tiết đến địa chỉ hotro@kaspersky.vn > bên em sẽ có các hướng hỗ trợ khác cho Anh/Chị. Trân trọng, NTS Security Support Team Công ty NTS Security - Nhà phân phối độc quyền Kaspersky tại Việt Nam Địa chỉ: 20 Tăng Bạt Hổ, P.11, Q. Bình Thạnh, Hồ Chí Minh Tổng đài hỗ trợ kỹ thuật: 1900 1787
The support is in Vietnamese Usually, Kaspersky in Vietnam sells 1 version older than the rest of the world so I'm not surprised + the message looks exactly like a template they send to everyone when they have problems I submitted a support ticket totally in English via : support.kaspersky.com They sent me an automatic confirmation email by the email of customerservicesolution@kaspersky.com for unknown reasons, Kaspersky passed my support ticket to my regional supporter in Vietnam (kaspersky.vn or kaspersky NTS) who I didn't try to reach in the first place Actually, I followed their instruction and used kaspersky removal tool to wipe out kaspersky's traces. Then, I reinstalled Kaspersky antivirus 2020 trial version => zero difference. The error still persisted Furthermore, as I expected, the removal tool broke a few components of my Windows logged in Event Viewer => I was forced to restore from an image backup (macrium reflect) After that, I downloaded and installed Kaspersky security cloud free 2019 and everything went smoothly. No installation problem what so ever. The 2019 version is perfect this means the 2020 is problematic for some people There are only 2 options left: 1/ Kaspersky acknowledges this issue and fixes it 2/ I re-install my Windows => which is the worst option. If it ain't break, don't fix it. Why do I have to reinstall Windows to repair something not caused by Windows. I can instead use v2019 or use another AV

• 2 months later...