"error in graphics driver occured", avpui.exe The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception

Hi, @Blitzi ,
It can not be. Have you exactly completed all 6 possible solutions to the points? Do you get the exact same error as shown in the screenshot above?

Yes, I have the same iusse and yes I tested all solutions. The bug is coming every single time. The only “solution” which is working is solution 5, but this is just a temporary solution because I need the graphic card to play any games…

Guess I need to wait until the fixing patch ‘h’ is alive...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for trying to help, but my problem occurs with the Intel Graphics HD 4000 driver and not the NVIDIA driver. Thus it was not possible to perform the procedures presented. The best solution I found at the moment was to uninstall version 2020 and back to 19.

Hello @Dr.TSN

Welcome!

Just checking, patches are up to g, you have e, & even tho Kaspersky stated: "In Patch E: We have fixed: Error in graphics driver occurred" issue that occurred after installation” and we know that has not worked successfully for everybody, are your patch updates being applied manually or automatically

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

• All/everybody:

On the patches topic, Kaspersky have advised, starting with patch g, 2 changes will alert Kaspersky customers to the arrival of a patch: 

Reference:

qte: Kaspersky Lab Support: Friday, 27 December 2019 12:30:
Our experts have responded by indicating that the Kaspersky application will request the installation of a new patch after the product receives new modules.”

An alert ⚠ notification, in the Notification Center: “Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer - Reboot

In Windows Taskbar, the Kaspersky shield will be RED

unqte

I note patch g arrived, (for me), without any notification or shield colour change, but the experts say the "new" notifications work🤔

Thank you🙏

Hello @Dr.TSN

Welcome!

Just checking, patches are up to g, you have e, & even tho Kaspersky stated: "In Patch E: We have fixed: Error in graphics driver occurred" issue that occurred after installation” and we know that has not worked successfully for everybody, are your patch updates being applied manually or automatically

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

• All/everybody:

On the patches topic, Kaspersky have advised, starting with patch g, 2 changes will alert Kaspersky customers to the arrival of a patch: 

Reference:

qte: Kaspersky Lab Support: Friday, 27 December 2019 12:30:
Our experts have responded by indicating that the Kaspersky application will request the installation of a new patch after the product receives new modules.”

An alert ⚠ notification, in the Notification Center: “Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer - Reboot

In Windows Taskbar, the Kaspersky shield will be RED

unqte

I note patch g arrived, (for me), without any notification or shield colour change, but the experts say the "new" notifications work🤔

Thank you🙏

@FLOOD the update are automatically i am still on patch e though,also i am on free trial i don’t know if this is the cause i didnot recieve the update,i am waiting for the problem fix so i can purchase it safely(i have been using kaspersky since 2011 and this the first time i have problem with it hope they fix it soon) this is the update settings i don’t know if i should modify something??

Hello @Dr.TSN,

Thank you for replying. 

The “New application versions, Download & install” settings are correct. 

I hope the driver issue is fixed soon too, it was supposed to be fixed in patch d, patch d got pushed early so the driver fix then became patch e, clearly from the reports, e has not fixed the issue for everyone, nor has f or g…. Roll on patch h🤔

Using trial software should not stop patches being applied as long as the trial hasn’t expired, but, if that was the case you would know, so… Is your computer shutdown using Windows Shutdown, not Restart?

Ordinarily, if updates are not working or not working correctly, uninstalling and reinstalling can be a good solution, however, recently, there’s been issues when that method has been used with trial software, so, imo, it’s not an option (for you) atm🤔

Check all Windows updates have a successfully applied status,  run a software compatability check, if you wish run a GSI & Windows Logs and post back the link so we can review the system please?  

How long before the trial expires? 

Please post back?

Thank you 🙏

Hello @Dr.TSN,

Thank you for replying. 

The “New application versions, Download & install” settings are correct. 

I hope the driver issue is fixed soon too, it was supposed to be fixed in patch d, patch d got pushed early so the driver fix then became patch e, clearly from the reports, e has not fixed the issue for everyone, nor has f or g…. Roll on patch h🤔

Using trial software should not stop patches being applied as long as the trial hasn’t expired, but, if that was the case you would know, so… Is your computer shutdown using Windows Shutdown, not Restart?

Ordinarily, if updates are not working or not working correctly, uninstalling and reinstalling can be a good solution, however, recently, there’s been issues when that method has been used with trial software, so, imo, it’s not an option (for you) atm🤔

Check all Windows updates have a successfully applied status,  run a software compatability check, if you wish run a GSI & Windows Logs and post back the link so we can review the system please?  

How long before the trial expires? 

Please post back?

Thank you 🙏

@FLOOD thanks for your reply my trial ends in 29 days as indicated in the previous pic,i don’t have software compatibility issues ,my laptop is using windows shutdown and here is my GSI

Hello @Dr.TSN

Thank you for posting back, the expiry (‘scuse my failing 👀s), & the data🙏

Very quickly, I reply in detail shortly, however, software compatability issue: (according to the data): 

Possibly incompatible software or hardware is found:

• Norton Security

Has Norton previously been installed? If “yes”, please run the Norton Removal tool

At the completion, please clear  all files in:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Temp

When clearing both Temp folders, there will be several file/folders “In use”, select “Skip”, there may also be  several file/folders requiring “Admin” permission to delete, select “Yes” or “Ok”. 

At the completion of the above, please shutdown the computer, restart, login, make sure KAV is active, run a manual Database Update, allow it to complete, run a manual FullScan - allow it to complete

Thank you🙏

Hello @Dr.TSN

Thank you for posting back, the expiry (‘scuse my failing 👀s), & the data🙏

Very quickly, I reply in detail shortly, however, software compatability issue: (according to the data): 

Possibly incompatible software or hardware is found:

• Norton Security

Has Norton previously been installed? If “yes”, please run the Norton Removal tool

At the completion, please clear  all files in:

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Temp

When clearing both Temp folders, there will be several file/folders “In use”, select “Skip”, there may also be  several file/folders requiring “Admin” permission to delete, select “Yes” or “Ok”. 

At the completion of the above, please shutdown the computer, restart, login, make sure KAV is active, run a manual Database Update, allow it to complete, run a manual FullScan - allow it to complete

Thank you🙏

@FLOOD thanks a lot for your responses , i did everything you said, the error message still appears although my total security became patch g.

Did I got it right that patch ‘h’ will not fix this issue any more?

Where can I download the version e, f, g? 

Hello @Blitzi 
No, according to @Friend, ✅ patch h has the fix✅

• Patch d was supposed to fix ithe problem, d got pushed early as an emergency patch, so the fix for this issue got rolled to e, which also didn’t work, then f, g, were supposed to be the fixes, neither of those patches fixed the issue for everybody, so now, apparently, it’s patch h🤔
  • Atm there's not eta for patch h, apparently some people have it, many of us do not. 
  • Kaspersky staggers patch distribution, meaning, when a patch is released it’s not available to all Kaspersky users, across the globe, on the same day.
  • If computers, devices are not shutdown, rebooted on a regular basis a "patch in waiting" will not be applied.
  • Hibernation, Sleep mode can interfer with patch updates.

-------------------------------
🤔 (imo), IF, after patch h, ❎the issue remains, everyone should log cases with Kaspersky Technical Support❎ and post back the INC reference number, here in the topic🤔

❓ Regarding your question: “Where can I download the version e, f, g?”, which patch & version is your software on atm?

• Do a software compatability check to make sure there’s no issues? (Note, the link is for KAV documentation, however, the same software compatability check applies equally to KIS, KTS & KSCloud). 
  • If your patches are really out of date, there may be other problems🤔, in which case, contact Kaspersky Technical Support, ask them to help? They will need a GSI & Windows Logs, images & detailed history.   

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

@FLOODthanks a lot for your responses , i did everything you said, the error message still appears although my total security became patch g.

Hello @Dr.TSN

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying🙏

I’m so happy to hear your patches are now up to date🤸

According to @Friend, ✅ patch h has the fix✅

• Patch d was supposed to fix ithe problem, d got pushed early as an emergency patch, so the fix got rolled to e, which also didn’t work, then f, g, were supposed to be the fixes, neither of those patches fixed the issue for everybody, so now, apparently, it’s patch h🤔
  • Atm there's not eta for patch h, apparently some people have it, many of us do not. 
  • Kaspersky staggers patch distribution, meaning, when a patch is released it’s not available to all Kaspersky users, across the globe, on the same day.
  • If computers, devices are not shutdown, rebooted on a regular basis a "patch in waiting" will not be applied.
  • Hibernation, Sleep mode can interfere with patch updates.

🤔 (imo), IF, after patch h, ❎the issue remains❎ , log a case with Kaspersky Technical Suppor, they will need a new GSI& Windows Logs, detailed history & images?

• Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

• 4 weeks later...

Somehow my problem is solved 😂 Well, I didn’t do anything special, it’s just like in 1 normal day the quick tour screen appears indicating that the problem is solved.

Also, i noticed that the application is still working despite the error. It still updates according to the taskbar icon and the anti-PUP feature still works

• 1 month later...

@FLOODthanks a lot for your responses , i did everything you said, the error message still appears although my total security became patch g.

Hello @Dr.TSN

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying🙏

I’m so happy to hear your patches are now up to date🤸

According to @Friend, ✅ patch h has the fix✅

• Patch d was supposed to fix ithe problem, d got pushed early as an emergency patch, so the fix got rolled to e, which also didn’t work, then f, g, were supposed to be the fixes, neither of those patches fixed the issue for everybody, so now, apparently, it’s patch h🤔
  • Atm there's not eta for patch h, apparently some people have it, many of us do not. 
  • If computers, devices are not shutdown, rebooted on a regular basis a "patch in waiting" will not be applied.
  • Hibernation, Sleep mode can interfere with patch updates.

🤔 (imo), IF, after patch h, ❎the issue remains❎ , log a case with Kaspersky Technical Suppor, they will need a new GSI& Windows Logs, detailed history & images?

• Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

@FLOOD i just want to thank you for your help,the problem has been solved with the (i) update and everything is good as usual.

• 3 months later...

windows 8.1 machine after recent KIS update  started getting “

error in graphics driver occurred”  uninstalled KIS and reinstalled still same issue left clicking on bottom right corner kaspersky icon get message loading the application and error in graphics driver.  It appears its updated and running latest version is 20.0.14 1085(k) database release 7.7.20 8:18pm.  

Have and Asus Laptop  N56VJ   with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000  and NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M display adapter Has this issue been fixed or what ???

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply Evidently not fixed with patch h, because Im getting the same error even after completely uninstalling and reinstalling KIS version 20 latest updates.  I understand there may be other issues specific to my machine but this did happen after one of KIS updates I havent installed other software.  But taking my Issue to Support and will update here if and when issue is resolved.