Error connecting to My Kaspersky

Hi,

Everytime I start/restart my laptop or at random times I am getting a popup with the title Kaspersky VPN , the message is Error connecting to My Kaspersky. Check your internet connection settings.

This seems to be happening from last week. I am on Windows 11. I used to have google chrome extension for VPN. But ever since this message started to popup, I removed the extensions and restarted the browser too. I don't use any proxy. My Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(j) license is still valid. When I open the Kaspersky VPN, I am able to toggle the switch and it works without any issue. I am also able to click on the My Kaspersky tile in the main program and it is able to connect to internet without any issue. I did a full scan, vulnerability scan, quick scan but it all returned negative

Please help to resolve this

error.png

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure that you are installing the latest version of the Kaspersky application. To reset proxy server settings in the operating system, reset Internet Explorer settings even if you are using another browser: In the lower-left corner of your Desktop, search for Control Panel. Click the relevant result.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same symptoms as San2020, and am using the same version of Kaspersky.
I followed your instructions to reset Internet Explorer settings and rebooted.
The problem persists. It occurs at seemingly random times, and even when I am not using a browser.

Hello, good morning.

I have the same problem. I am getting the error "Kaspersky VPN: Error Connecting to My Kaspersky" but come up at seemingly random times.

I'm running Kaspersky internet Security (Patch J for version 21.3.10.391)

Windows 10

I'm having with the VPN (Unlimited) 21.7.7.393(a)

123.jpg.f6c0cad6c138d7c9f933b9ff4b633260.jpg

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hi all, the notification appears when the product tries to connect to my.kaspersky.com whilst the network card is not available. This can occur when the PC goes out of sleep or when the network card is turned off by the system to save power. The issue is only cosmetic, as the connection is established successfully on another attempt. In the future version of the product there will not be such a notification as it is excessive and unnecessary. 

• Like 4

Good morning,

I have the same problem already for weeks now, the updates of the bases run without any problem but the modules cannot be updated. I do not use VPN.

I'm on win 10 x64 build 19043 and Kaspersky Internet security version 21.3.10.391 (j)

When will the new version be available ?

Thank you already for the previous replies I red in this post !

Pol

2022-09-23_162143.jpg

53 minutes ago, Pol Gillard said:

Good morning, I have the same problem already for weeks now, the updates of the bases run without any problem, but the modules cannot be updated. I do not use VPN. I'm on win 10 x64 build 19043 and Kaspersky Internet security version 21.3.10.391 (j)

1. When will the new version be available?

Hello @Pol Gillard

Welcome!

In some regions, Kaspersky's new product range (M7 / 21.7.7.393), is already released, see comments by @tistou77 & @Berny, in NOUVEAU KASPERSKY (MR7) - Dany51.

Standard: Download Kaspersky Standard Antivirus 2022 for free | Kaspersky

Plus: Download Kaspersky Plus 2022 for free| Kaspersky

Premium: Download Kaspersky Premium 2022 for free | Kaspersky

• Read: Kaspersky : notre nouvelle vie numérique
  • ?Also, the comments by @Igor Kurzin, "In the future version of the product there will not be such a notification as it is excessive and unnecessary.", were posted Thursday, 22nd September, 2022, 17:05; AFTER M7 release; Igor may be speaking about an update that's yet to be distributed?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Ping @Igor Kurzin

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

@Pol Gillard Welcome.

In addition to above comments from @Flood and Flood's wife you can install Kasperksy Standard on top of your current Kaspersky Internet Security version, license information as well as all your settings will be imported in the new Kaspersky Standard version. Please close other open applications before proceeding , update databases after install + reboot.

• Like 1

After I was suddenly kicked off the internet because of a Kaspersky VPN FAILURE, I was able to remove kaspersky vpn from my taskbar in the lower right, (Windows 10, desktop), then turn off my computer. Then turn it back on, search for and locate "kaspersky vpn" in my computer, open it up--turn it off, then turn it on, and it suddenly worked, and I was able to get back on the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
Am 22.9.2022 um 09:05 schrieb Igor Kurzin:

Hi all, the notification appears when the product tries to connect to my.kaspersky.com whilst the network card is not available. This can occur when the PC goes out of sleep or when the network card is turned off by the system to save power. The issue is only cosmetic, as the connection is established successfully on another attempt. In the future version of the product there will not be such a notification as it is excessive and unnecessary. 

Hallo,

yes that is the Problem, everyday after sleeo mode.

Please fix this.

I also have this issue & it can be at anytime, my pc is set to never sleep.

I'm somewhat relieved that igor says it is ''cosmetic'', which rings true as i have no blips with my internet connection at the time of notification.

It's more of a concern to me as the first time i saw that notification last week ''months after install'', that day somebody was able to take over 3 facebook accounts bypassing authenticator requirements i had set, fbook says email & passwords were changed by a device on my network, all 16 digit psswords were set by k password manager. There is no way to get fbook accounts back as the only option offered is to send 'change password'' links to an email address i have never seen before.

I've had no luck tracking down how they have been able to do so, this happened in april too, and since then they're trying to sync or sign in to my hotmail address every half hour from ip addresses all over the world. which is why i purchased kaspersky plus.  

It may well be unconnected to the (error connecting to My Kaspersky, check your internet connection settings) notification, but as you can imagine, it is always on my mind. Scans have never found anything on my pc, i ran it through malwarebytes premium trial too, nothing found.  I feel helpless as i can only presume that everything i do is being monitored.

Hi @Markm,

It may well be unconnected to the (error connecting to My Kaspersky, check your internet connection settings)

It is not connected. No doubts here. 

Please get in touch with technical support https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts to check your system configuration for possible 'holes' in security. Such as, for example, 'strange' DNS address, enabled proxy, weak wi-fi password, default password to access wi-fi router, enabled RDP access, etc..

if someone is still trying to sign in to your hotmail address, enable 2fa authentification (if it is available) to leave no chances to the bad guys.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Make sure that you are installing the latest version of the Kaspersky application. To reset proxy server settings in the operating system, reset Internet Explorer settings even if you are using another browser: In the lower-left corner of your Desktop, search for Control Panel. Click the relevant result.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez