ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR on particular sites

DR_NOMAD
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

For the past 2 weeks ive been getting the same for www.linkvertise.com. This is a website i use to access links shared by my discord channel and even if i add it to ‘Trusted Addresses’, its still giving me the:

This site can’t be reached

The web page at https://linkvertise.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This doesnt happen if i disable my web anti virus so its certainly a problem with the Kaspersky software. Please help

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past 2 weeks ive been getting the same for www.linkvertise.com. This is a website i use to access links shared by my discord channel and even if i add it to ‘Trusted Addresses’, its still giving me the:

This site can’t be reached

The web page at https://linkvertise.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This doesnt happen if i disable my web anti virus so its certainly a problem with the Kaspersky software. Please help

As stated by @Igor Kurzin, the issue has a high priority, the Kaspersky development and support team are working on it.

• Solution

Dear all, 

The issue will be fixed with patch ‘h’, which is scheduled for gradual roll-out starting from 31st of January till 17th of February. 

As a workaround add the problem sites to exclusions via Settings → Network settings → Trusted addresses → Add.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I understand that, but what if the affected site was google.com, hotmail.com, kaspersky.com? I think this should be treated as if thousands of users cannot access a site, and you can’t go one by one explaining a workaround. Also many first time visitors will just move on when the site displays this errors, unaware of this problem.

I have customers looking for a vaccination center through covidtracker.fr that call me asking me if the site is down for me too 

i have to explain them to disable kaspersky to be able to look for an appointment to get a vaccination shot

most of those people are over 65 years old

Just like last year when multiple online schooling systems authentification were blocked by safe kids.

“Bravo”

Hi @Canard1066 , 

Not all websites are affected. There is a temporary solution available (see my post above) for the sites that fall under this issue.

Yeah I don't think that really warrants a 2-4 week delay in fixing the issue 

No doubt there'll be customers that have no idea this is an issue with Kaspersky and will either think the website is down, the company no longer exists etc, the last thing they'll do is disable they're av or whitelist a domain in it.

Kaspersky is known for its 'set and forget' configuration. Which is why it's popular amongst people who don't have a good knowledge of tech.

The one above is a classic example. A covid vaccination website. A site used to look for covid vaccinations. That in itself makes this a high priority fix, surely?

The handling of this issue just doesn't feel right.

- How many websites are affected?

- Can people realistically keep 'whitelisting' sites.

- How do people (non tech minded) determine a broken site is caused by Kaspersky to just a broken/dead website?

I have 5 devices using Kaspersky, I can't keep whitelisting domains on every single machine, every time there's an issue.

Unless there's a rethink, I'll be looking for another security suite.

This on top of the whole safe kids issue and then the issue I had with all email attachments being renamed, I need something that's not causing issues and stable.

My users are complaining for 2-3 weeks that my site (xoyondo.com) does not work. I never could reproduce it, since I am not using Kasperky. This is a serious issue for us, which impacts our business. And now we have to wait another 2-4 weeks for this to be resolved?

@Igor Kurzin Yet more confirmation, this time from another user @Xoyondo , that your proposed schedule for this fix is unacceptable.

The fix should be implemented now and pushed to all users now.

Also point raised by @Jbennett360 in their latest post needs a reply.

Hi @Canard1066 ,

I understand that with this problem you are a bit disappointed with Kaspersky, and that is totally normal and understandable now.

About the fix and the update resolving the issue, in computing, it is not as easy as it seems. I am a developer and all software has issues (this happens to everyone… from large companies to small companies). This is because software is developed by humans (being flawed), so software will also fail at some point. Furthermore, fixes need to be tested before they are released to the public because a new failure will generate a negative and worn image of sloppiness for the company. Many times the software is patched, and because it involves many variables, there may be a correction of a certain issue and the emergence of new issues that did not exist before, so it is justifiable to have more time to deliver the update. 

This fact occurs for ALL software, not just Kaspersky.

We apologize for what is happening, and we are truly sorry for this, but please know that the Kaspersky team @Igor Kurzin and @Danila T.  is actively working to resolve this issue for users.

Hello.

Thank you everyone for the additional comments.

@Guilhermesene I am well aware of how software is developed, having spent 30+ years working on software systems ranging from aircraft flight control systems, retailer and financial sector systems.

The time span quoted was not acceptable as no one had obviously assessed the impact of the fault.

How many web site were affected (impossible to know)?

What types of web sites could be affected? (impossible to know but could include critical medical sites)?

Due to the possibly large extent of this issue, it should have received a far greater priority than it currently has. The first post was raised in December 2021, we’re now in January 2022 and told that customers may well have to wait until February 2022.

covidtracker.fr is indeed fixed on my side.

maybe they did act on their side ?

Hello.

Glad it appears that it’s working. Maybe they have indeed done some changes.

Hello.

Glad it appears that it’s working. Maybe they have indeed done some changes.

More than likely whitelisted or whatever at Kaspersky end due to the fact it was a COVID related site.

Sites i’ve had issues with, still have issues!

Hello @Sox

Welcome! 

Reset all browsers to default & recheck:

I don’t think that would work. For example, I downloaded Opera portable and it still has the issue. Only other browsers like Vivaldi never had the problem (somehow not directly supported apparently).

Neither Opera or Vivaldi are supported. 

Right, but:

• Opera is blocked by Kaspersky on these sites
  • Vivaldi is not blocked by Kaspersky, despite there is an extension (enabling or disabling it doesn’t make a difference)

So I am not sure what “not supported” exactly means.