Enhancing Kaspersky's File Deletion Abilities: Introducing Selective File/Folder Deletion Feature

I decided to test Kaspersky to see how effective it is at deleting files, and I was surprised to find that it can even remove files that are protected by Folder Guard after a restart. I believe it would be helpful if Kaspersky had a feature that allows users to select a specific file or folder for deletion.
By implementing this feature, users would have greater control over which files are removed, which could be particularly useful in situations where a specific file needs to be deleted for troubleshooting or security reasons.
spacer.png

Hello @Maldroid

Welcome!

1. Not enough information, please Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.  & provide please?
  2. The problem description is confusing, please explain what lead to the MEMZ.exe being detected - go to Kaspersky Reports - what shows for that object? 
  3. How does that object / alert relate to Folder Guard? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife,

I apologize for any confusion in my previous post. I would like to clarify my intention, which was to suggest a new feature for Kaspersky that would be useful for its users.

In my recent test of Kaspersky, I used a well-known malware called Memz and protected it with Folder Guard. However, Kaspersky was able to delete the file even though it was protected by Folder Guard. This surprised me because Folder Guard is very good at preventing any other program from accessing or modifying the protected files. 

Folder Guard is a powerful security program that can control access to files and folders, allowing users to set as full access, read-only, no access, hide, and password-protect personal folders/files and removable drives. This is similar to what you can with Intrusion Prevention on Kaspersky.

Considering how effective Kaspersky is at deleting protected files, I believe it would be helpful if Kaspersky had a feature that allows users to select specific files or folders for deletion. This would give users greater control over which files are removed and which are not. Such a feature could be particularly useful in situations where a specific file needs to be deleted for troubleshooting or security reasons.

I apologize for any confusion caused by my original post and hope that this clarification helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Edited by Maldroid
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Maldroid

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

No apology necessary, clarity is the name of the game so the Community can assist when possible. 

1. IF (you) wish for Kaspersky software to be enhanced, & you have an active Kaspersky subscription, (you're) welcome to raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint request, with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts. 

Provide as much information as possible, please *define* the request clearly; support may communicate with you & discuss the proposal. All requests go thru the relevant team/s, not all requests are successful & even successful requests may take a long time to be implemented

• ?Make sure you post back the Incident request number please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
edited white space

1 minute ago, Maldroid said:

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife,

I wanted to let you know that I have completed the suggestion/feedback request as advised in the previous message. The incident request number is INC000015313460.

Thank you for your assistance.

Excellent work @Maldroid, thank you for your proactive action?

Flood?+?