Endpoint Security Cloud - Upgrade 11.3 to 11.5 - not auto updating

Go to solution Solved by Workworkwork,

Hello,

About a week ago I went ahead and prepared the distribution package for 11.5 in my Security Cloud Admin center.  From reading the documentation (and a good part of the reason I purchased the product) was that it would automatically update my clients with the new package without any interaction on my part.  It’s been a week now and the only machines with 11.5 are the ones we had manually installed for testing.   Are they supposed to autoupdate to the newer 11.5 now?  And if so are their specific ports I need to open?  My 11.3 clients are still pulling down the typical updates just not the client upgrade piece.

I am using Endpoint Security Cloud Plus and seen the same when upgrading from 11.3 to 11.4 and 11.4 to 11.5. The client only got updated when I did it manually.  I don’t see any configuration option to control this behaviour. I assumed after the workspace got upgraded the client would get automatically updated rather than having to install it manually.

Hi, try this to update KES to 11.5

In Kaspersky security center on premise just run a deploy task with the new version of KES

If you are using Kaspersky Security cloud, you can use a script in Active directory to update to KES 11.5

1. create a share folder and save KES11.5 (the languaje is important).
  2. move the setup.ini file in the folder and set your kaspersky user and password in this file
  3. move the install.bat file in the folder and edit [Share_path] with your Share folder path like \\PC_NAME_OR_IP\FOLDER_NAME, [Package_name] with KES executable file like KES11.5.exe, [_Kescloud_key_name] with kes version like 11.5.xxx
  4. Create a new GPO go to “Computer Configuration > Windows Setting [startup/shutdown] > startup > properties > add “ and select the install.bat file in the share folder

If your computer is not in domain, just share the folder to everyone and run the install.bat file as administrator

Let me know about it.

• Solution

I was told that 11.5 isn’t available globally yet and the seamless update will not be available until January .

From support:

As you may know, there is a discrepancy in our release schedule: KESCloud console currently announces KES11.5 seamless update and this 11.5 update was moved to January.

At the moment KES11.5 seems available and can be accepted by customers in KESCloud workspaces. When workspace administrator accepts new version of KES, all managed hosts do not gradually receive the update as intended because update is not available globally. KES 11.5 can still be installed manually using Cloud standalone distribution package.

Please be aware that if any customer installs KES 11.5 manually they will have their end users see a message in local KES UI saying "Your protection may be at risk". This message is erroneous and happens due to a bug that was introduced with status messages redesign in KES 11.5. The bug is fixed in future versions, PF8609 is available for KES11.5. We are working together with R&D to bring the solution for this issue to all customers with the start of seamless update targeting in January.

R&D is now also making an official statement regarding this situation. ETA of the statement is early next week.