Edge v79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit) browser extension support? [Closed]

Reindert
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I would like to install an extension for Edge browser v79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit), I have a Kaspersky Internet Security subscription.

However it seems that this isn't available, is that correct?
Any idea if it will be available in the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Reindert,

Welcome!

Correct, KIS protection extension for Edge Chromium browser, is not yet available, supposed to be coming in patch H.

Atm, no-one knows when patch H will be released😟
---

For Kaspersky Password Manager extension, patch H has been released for the application, the KPM extension has to be installed into the Edge Chromium browser from the Chrome Web Store - Kaspersky Password Manager, patch H, extension and Edge Chromium browser

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for informing me.. I tried to update KIS (patch H) but without success. In March I installed KIS on my PC, it appears that it has updated various times until patch G… 😕

Hello @Reindert,

You’re very welcome👌

1. Kaspersky staggers the global patch distribution.
  2. According to @Schulte, regarding patch H “At the moment the patch is only being distributed to a small group (approx. 5%). If no errors occur here, the circle is expanded “

I wonder how long Kaspersky will wait🤔 ? 

There is a manual “hack”  that will make H available, however, (imo) it’s better for all patches to “arrive” by normal means.

One thing for sure, many Kaspersky Customers are waiting on patch H 😩

According to Kaspersky,  when a patch is available:

quote:

The application will prompt you to reboot the computer after you install the patch. Computer reboot is required for successful installation, so the icon in the notification area will turn red and become green again after the reboot

endquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi there,

Tonight patch H was installed automatically on my PC, I just had to restart it and that was it 😀 … If an KIS extension for Edge is available, does KIS automatically notify me or do I have to install it manually (how/where?)

Thanks!

Hello @Reindert,

Welcome back!

Glad to hear patch h has arrived and the update was painless☺

According to Kaspersky: Edge Chromium & the Kaspersky Protection extension is supposed to be coming in patch i

How the extension is to be applied to the Edge Chromium browser is yet to be announced  by Kaspersky.

As soon as I have any information I’ll let you know.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

I have been following this issue for some time now and do not intend to sound overly negative, however, I have a number of clients who have been pushed the new Edge by Microsoft. They are calling me with questions and are not happy about Kaspersky and Safe Money not working properly with the new browser and extensions. Edge is no longer in Beta. There is a Stable channel that is being sent to customers. This has been known for some time. First it was to be supported in Patch h, then Patch i and now patch j. I read somewhere on this forum that Patch j may not be coming until mid April. Kaspersky needs to make this patch a priority before Edge is pushed out en masse. It is becoming  difficult to convince clients to stay with a product that seems to be behind the curve. I still believe Kaspersky to be one of the best AV on the market. However in other cases such as this, they seem to be a little late in keeping up with changes made to the OS.