Edge managed by your organisation parameters not changeable - how to fix it? [O&O Shutup]

brudubu
Go to solution Solved by brudubu,

Hi,

For a while I have the same issue only in EDGE. It says “managed by your organisation”. I can’t change some parameters that are grey. For example it never suggest any website from the history. Quite boring !

I’ve not been able to find any issue thanks to internet, but it often says that antivirus may cause troubles. As i use KIS2021, could it be the source of the issue. If yes, what to do ? Do I have to use another browser to fix that ?

Thanks for your help.

Bruno

For a while I have the same issue only in EDGE. It says “managed by your organisation”. I can’t change some parameters that are grey. For example it never suggest any website from the history. I’ve not been able to find any issue thanks to internet, but it often says that antivirus may cause troubles. As i use KIS2021, could it be the source of the issue. If yes, what to do ? Do I have to use another browser to fix that ?

Hello @brudubu, Bruno,

1. Also, has an Edge Reset settings, Restore settings to their default values been done? 
  2. Which Edge version is installed? 
  3. IF Edge is closed, KIS paused & exited, Edge restarted, does  “managed by your organisation” still appear? 
  4. In Edge, type edge://policy/ - are there any policies set? 
  5. In Edge, type edge://flags/  - in the Search field, type managed, if the search finds Show managed UI, check, is it enabled or disabled → it should be disabled ? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi, Many thanks for your support.
First of all I apologize for lack of info.

I use Win10H2 Family (19042.804 / Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0) and Edge version is 88.0.705.81.
Regarding KIS it’s 21.2.16.590 (b)

Situation of OS Protection is a follow:

As it’s Family version, I can’t use Policy strategies ! gpedit.msc  is unkonwn.

I indicate also that I edit the register to remove the keys regarding edge as mentioned many times over troubleshooting like that.

Also prevention od tracking is configured like that :

After a rest of edge, situation is the same :

On top when edge has been closed, KIS exited and closed, when opening again Edge, I’ve same situation.

Rgarding Policies, here is the copy of the screen:

and for the “managed flags”, It’s not mentioned, and here is what it gives :

I really don’t know what to give you as additional information to help you providing the support !

Thanks again for any suggestion

Bruno

Hello @brudubu, Bruno, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌 , no need to apologise!

1. Can you pinpoint a date when “managed by your organisation” began? 
  2. Has an Edge → Reset settings, Restore settings to their default values been done? 
  3. Regarding registry changes, thanks for sharing that information as well, are you able to tell us each path you’ve changed please? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi everybody,

First of all I can’t tell you when it began. I would say “quite a long time ago” 😞 , but since this date i didn’t spend time to try to fix it.

In Edge, I did a reset to default values without any success.

I removed the keys  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge

Today I wanted to remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Chromium but it doesn’t exist. Regarding HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome, the removal didn’t change anything.

Regarding uninstall of KIS it will wait a bit as for another purpose I had to uninstall and to reinstall recently but with so many side effects that I need to prepare a bit.

I will let you know soon.

Bruno

Hello @brudubu, Bruno, 

Thanks for the update👌

When you do the clean install, please do the following steps:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Export KIS Settings
  3. Reset KIS Settings to Default. 
  4. Uninstall KIS, save License information ONLY, leave all other check boxes blank. 
  5. Download new KIS installer, install & configure. 
  6. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete.
  7. Run a Full scan → allow it to complete.
  8. Recheck  “managed by your organisation” issue? 

Let us know the outcome please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi,

I did 2 trials :

yesterday I uninstalled Edge (not so easy !) and reinstalled it : same situation with the “managed by organisation”

Today, I ran the test with KIS uninstallation : After KIS removal, Edge still says “managed by your organisation”! I reinstalled and updated KIS and made the scan and … and at the end it’s still managed by the organisation.

I really don’t understand anything to this issue.

Thanks for the help you gave. I believe I will stop using edge :(.

Thanks for all the help you gave.
Bruno

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi everybody, I found the issue ! nothing to do with KIS nor Edge …
I use sometimes O&O Shutup and this software is making changes in the strategies, some of them being the configuration of  Edge.  1 or 2 parameters have not to be aligned with the suggestion to keep usage of some functionalities.

Thanks for your support

Bruno

Hi,

I did 2 trials :

yesterday I uninstalled Edge (not so easy !) and reinstalled it : same situation with the “managed by organisation”. Today, I ran the test with KIS uninstallation : After KIS removal, Edge still says “managed by your organisation”! I reinstalled and updated KIS and made the scan and … and at the end it’s still managed by the organisation. I really don’t understand anything to this issue. Thanks for the help you gave. I believe I will stop using edge :(. Thanks for all the help you gave. Bruno

Hi everybody, I found the issue ! nothing to do with KIS nor Edge …
I use sometimes O&O Shutup and this software is making changes in the strategies, some of them being the configuration of  Edge.  1 or 2 parameters have not to be aligned with the suggestion to keep usage of some functionalities. Thanks for your support, Bruno

Hello @brudubu, Bruno, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Well done you for nutting it out & thank you for sharing the information👏

Cheers, 

Flood🐳 +🐋