Edge Chromium self certificate issue [Closed]

Edge chromium Insider and I keep getting this error message. I have exported the cert and added to the trusted certificate authority (local machine) but still getting that annoying error dialog.

Also, why is my version of Kaspersky not updated to 2020 , given the expense of renewing my subscription.

BTw the support request form is useless as not matter what I enter in the mandatory fields the submit/save button is not enabled - perhaps you should test this.

Hello @westerdaled,

Welcome!

• Please tell us your operating system version & build?

Also, please note:

Microsoft Edge (not supported in versions later than Microsoft Windows 10 1803)

Reference: KIS20 Hardware and software requirements

•  If Edge chromium Insider is still Beta, no Beta software is supported by Kaspersky.
  • Regarding submitting a request, if the issue is being submitted via the Edge chromium Insider browser?
  • If you’re unable to submit an online request, depending on your location, it may be possible to contact Technical Support via Phone or Online Chat. 

Please let us know?

Thank you

Hi @FLOOD 

Windows 10 which updated last week, is on the monthly update ring. I am away from it at the moment so can't confirm the exact build number. 

Edge Chromium is getting close to public preview so hardly an early beta. Anyway, the issue seems to be with Kapersky - but by all means please install Chromium Edge and verify this - the isolated account profile feature gives it the edge ? over Google chrome. 

I think I might have overestimated this forum’s effectiveness as regards solving real world issues.  Having a beta in the wild is to highlight these sorts of problems and to get early resolution

By all means  trot out the tick box mantras. However,  I would like to solve the issue as to why Kapersky is flagging the Chromium Edge self cert. Just not on here…..

Here is where people really want to be of help, and where they spend lots of their free time eagerly striving to be of help, politely, too, as you can very well see.  :)

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: 

a. Description of the issue.
b. Screenshot, as needed.
c. GSI

@richbuff  Good tip that: tried IE instead of Chrome and the support form works like a charm - go figure!  Before, I submitted, I thought I would check Edge Chromium one last time.  Not only it appears to have updated, but  the aforementioned  self-cert issue appears to have gone.  Well, I guess this has been a learning experience all round.

Thanks again.

Daniel

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Microsoft is now pushing the new version of Edge to customers, and it is no longer in beta, I sincerely hope Kaspersky will ensure that its products will be fully compliant with the new browser. I am most concerned with Safe Money and whether it will function normally. 

Hello @Khan

Welcome!

The last we heard, Edge Chromium was going to be supported as of patch i, however, patch i got pushed early as an emergency patch for another issue; leaving us to anticipate the possibility of upcoming patch j being the vehicle with the Edge Chromium solution.  

Note, patches arrive silently, the only way to find out if a patch has downloaded & is waiting to be applied is to reboot the computer on a regular basis.

Apparently, if a patch has arrived and a computer has not been rebooted for 7 days AFTER the patch arrival, the following will happen:

• In Windows Taskbar: Kaspersky icon will turn red. 
  • In Windows Notification Centre, a notification:  “Computer reboot is required.”
  • Kaspersky main application window will show - Recommendation. 
  • Kaspersky Notification Centre will show: “Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer.” image 1
  • In the MyKaspersky account, Notifications, Devices:  will show: “Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer.” image 2. 

In the MyKaspersky account, Devices tab, Computer icon will be orange/yellow,  will show: “Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer. Please reboot the device. Please fix it locally on the device.” image 3. 

Kaspersky application, Notification Centre. 

MyKaspersky, Notifcations, Devices

MyKaspersky, Devices Tab

Now, how easy would it be to make all of that infomation available to Kaspersky users when a patch becomes available, why keep it a secret for 7 days🤐

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello Flood,

Thank you for the information regarding what happens after 7 days if a computer is not rebooted. I was aware that patch I was initially going to support Edge Chromium. As I stated, lets hope there is not a long delay before we see patch j so the transition to Edge Chromium is as painless as possible for all Kaspersky users.