EAC conflict with Kaspersky Antivirus, Notice says "untrusted system file" [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, I have problem with kaspersky and EAC (Easy anticheat). I reinstalled windows and kaspersky but nothing fixed this problem. This happens with most of games that use EAC. I also stopped kaspersky to scan EAC and game when launching etc.... Windows build is 1903 with last update 11 June 2019.

• Solution
Hello Sib3rix, The error is not Kaspersky objecting to EAC, it's EAC objecting to Kaspersky. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/guides/antivirus/ EAC is generating the error, despite the fact they advise Kaspersky is compatible. Have you contacted Easy Anti-Cheat support? Please let us know what they say? Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out! The reason this error is displayed is because the antivirus is trying to inject into the game process in a weird way, which the anti-cheat protection prevents. We will review whether it is possible to whitelist this particular library in the future. For the time being please disable the antivirus for the duration of your gameplay or add the game directory to its exception list. Have a wonderful day! How would you rate my reply? Great Okay Not good Regards, Easy Anti-Cheat Support

Hello Sib3rix, EAC's public statement: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/guides/antivirus/ Kaspersky Latest Latest Whitelisted Easy Anti-Cheat Support : "We will review whether's possible to whitelist this particular library in the future" I hope you communicated with EAC, asking them to explain why they'd (possibly) waste time in the future whitelisting whitelisted object/s? ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Even when putting “The Division 2” game on exclusion list, and even exiting Kaspersky, I still get the same game-crash and error (that also refers to a Kaspersky DLL file). The crash/error can happen at random time; timing not specific. One time, the crash forced me to restart my computer, as the game frozen-visual was locked up on my screen/fore-ground (game could not be closed/I could not see Windows Task Manager to do so).

Hello Aluminum_Lancer, Welcome! May we know please:
  1. Opsys version, release, build?
  2. KIS, free or licensed?
  3. KIS, version?, patch(x)? x = letter
  4. Screen images of errors?
  5. In KIS REPORTS - are there any events that match the issues you're encountering? IF "yes", please export the report, save as a .txt file & upload using the upload icon (between the link icon & the smilie icon) in your reply?
  6. May we have a GSI & Windows logs please, upload .zip tp cloud storage and post back the link please?
Thanks. References: https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/69235.htm https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/70885.htm https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/70885.htm

I have same error like Sib3riX on Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Even when putting this game on exclusion list, and even exiting Kaspersky, I still get the same game-crash and error (that also refers to a Kaspersky DLL file). Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(f) Windows build is 1903 with last update 5 August 2019.

Hello Bolo, Please tell us:
  1. v1903, build #?
  2. KIS free or licensed?
  3. Ghost Recon: Wildlands - version?
----
  1. Is Ghost Recon: Wildlands an application? run in a console?
  2. Have you checked the software compatabilty requirements for KIS & Ghost Recon: Wildlands?
  3. Screen images please?
  4. Please go to KIS REPORTS, find any events related to Ghost Recon: Wildlands, export the report & upload using the upload icon please?
  5. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Recon: Wildlands?
  6. Have you uninstalled & reinstalled KIS?
  7. IF you've not done an uninstall of either software, please don't, just tell us so we can guide you.
  8. Have you tried using KIS 2020?
  9. Please generate GSI & Windows logs, and run the GSI tool when you are accessing Ghost Recon: Wildlands, uload the .zip folder to cloud storage and post back the link please?
Please post back. Thanks. GSI ref doco: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7

1. v1903 compilation number 18362.267
  2. KIS licensed
  3. Ghost Recon: Wildlands latest version 4073014 (last update of the game - support for the game has been completed I think)
How can I install KIS 2020 when I have licensed version Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(f) ?

Hi Bolo, Thanks for posting back.
  1. May we have all the requested information please?
Re 2020, uninstall 2019, install 2020, however, depending on your region, 2020 may not be available, in which case you could use the installer available at the Global site, but, as I said above, uninstalling/installing any software is not necessarily the solution. If we have the data we can assess what's going on and provide you with guidance. Thanks

Hi, I was having the exact same issue and pop up on my system after approximately 2 minutes after opening The Division 2.
  1. Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.267
  2. licensed KTS 19.0.0 (I don't remember the exact number)
  3. The Division 2 (latest)
It seems to be gone after updating to KTS 20.0.14.1085(b)

I was having the exact same issue and pop up on my system after approximately 2 minutes after opening The Division 2.
  1. Windows 10 Pro 1903 18362.267
  2. licensed KTS 19.0.0
  3. The Division 2 (latest)
It seems to be gone after updating to KTS 20.0.14.1085(b)
Hello hungyforpizza, Thank you for letting us know.:pray: We're happy you have found a satifactly solution:slight_smile:.

Hello, Even on a completely new and clean Windows 10 with the latest compilations without any Antivir (only Windows Defender) unfortunately, Wildlands every time after trying to exit to the main menu, from any other game mode in addition to the main campaign, first goes to Uplay and re-loads the game to the main menu. It looks like this is just how this game was constructed :). Until now, I was convinced that this is a KIS problem but now this action is done in the same way without any error. The working of the game is the same as with KIS, but without error, which reported Sib3riX above. So it looks like it's just the design of this game and that's all. Problem with Wildlands and Uplay and not KIS or EAC. Sorry for an unnecessary problem and thank you for your support.

Even on a completely new and clean Windows 10 with the latest compilations without any Antivir (only Windows Defender) unfortunately, Wildlands every time after trying to exit to the main menu, from any other game mode in addition to the main campaign, first goes to Uplay and re-loads the game to the main menu. It looks like this is just how this game was constructed :). Until now, I was convinced that this is a KIS problem but now this action is done in the same way without any error. The working of the game is the same as with KIS, but without error, which reported Sib3riX above. So it looks like it's just the design of this game and that's all. Problem with Wildlands and Uplay and not KIS or EAC. Sorry for an unnecessary problem and thank you for your support.
Hello Bolo, Thank you for posting back:pray_tone3: Your information is not only helpful to us, but also to others who may encounter a similar issue. We appreciate you taking the time and explaining the findings. No problem is unnecessary, we are always here to help. Best regards.

Posting this to let everyone know that EAC is now the problem and that this error is happening with other antivirusus and that their anticheat is causing their games to not load for many people period. I am one of these people and wish that there was a way to completely destroy all traces of EAC in my system besides hard deleting them but i cant so i will be stuck with this issue till they fix it. (uninstalled Kas. and tried to launch several games so this is how i know EAC is the issue + some redditors I will make a new edit when this is resolved)

wish that there was a way to completely destroy all traces of EAC in my system
Hello gnak1995, Thank you for posting:pray_tone3: Have you tried removing the stubbon files with Windows in SafeMode? And / or using a good registry cleaner? Standard rules apply, create a system restore point, sysimage & export registry before modifying. Would be interesting to know if EAC remains? Please lets us know? Thanks.

Same going on here for Apex. I notice that it started with Kaspersky asking about a file from Apex, Apex\r5apex.exe. Any solutions?
Hello Raphael Please tell us:
  1. Windows version &, build #?
  2. KIS free or licensed?
  3. KIS version? & patch(x) x = letter
  4. upload copy of Apex\r5apex.exe. - in a .zip archive - upload it with the GSI / Windows .zip folder, see later on in this post.
  5. Is Apex\r5apex.exe. from EAC?
----
  1. Is Apex\r5apex.exe run in a console? If so detail how & where you install and activate the software?
  2. Have you checked the software compatibility requirements for KIS / Apex r5apex.exe?
  3. Screen images please?
  4. Please go to KIS REPORTS, find any events related to Apex r5apex.exe, export the report & upload using the upload icon please? Choose 24 hr or 7 days REPORT.
  5. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled Apex r5apex.exe?
  6. Have you uninstalled & reinstalled KIS?
  7. IF you've not done an uninstall of either software, please don't, just tell us so we can guide you.
  8. Have you tried using KIS 2020?
  9. Please generate GSI & Windows logs, and run the GSI tool when you are accessing Apex\r5apex.exe, upload the .zip folder to cloud storage and post back the link please?
Please post back. Thanks. GSI ref doco: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7