Dump Files / Send Report at startup

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hello — I’ve been using Security Cloud Free on Windows 10 for some time without any problems. But in the past few days, every time I start the computer, I get a warning box with a request to send a report to Kaspersky. Whether I do this or not, everything still seems to work perfectly well. However, at the next startup, I get the message again.

When this happens there are .dmp files in ProgramData/Kaspersky Lab

As I say this only started happening in the last few days, and I haven’t made any changes to Windows (no updates) or Kaspersky settings. My application version is 20.0.14.1085.

Any ideas please?

• Solution

@Doctor Of Music hello!
Have you tried to install the latest version of the product (21.2.16.590)? 

If the issue is still actual - do not agree to send these dumps automatically, send these dumps in an archive to me via Personal message.

Thank you!

Yes OK I installed version 21.2 as suggested, and *so far* I haven’t had the dump files issue again, so fingers crossed it’s now cured.

Just for good measure (and because I am obsessively tidy) I completely removed the previous version of Security Cloud before installing the new one, and I seem to have gained over 1GB of drive space. Why is this I wonder? Perhaps it’s worth doing a full remove/reinstall from time to time — is it possible redundant data builds up in the virus databases?

Anyway, I digress. In summary, we seem to be sorted  ;-)