Dramatic internet speed decrease after KTS 2019 install [UN-CROSS-POSTED]

I had a technician visiting me last week on this issue and he confirmed everything was fine. Moreover, I have my business laptop (with another security suite) also cable-connected to my router and I can get the full speed on it. Finally, as I said - I did several speed test before I installed KTS and after doing so. In the meantime there were no other installations, updates or other configuration changes. KTS seems then to be the only culprit. It's possible it can be an isolated situation, but I do believe it needs to be validated by Kaspersky Support. I've placed my support request over 2 days ago and till now, no engineer has even been assigned to review it :unamused:

Friend, thank for this! My support case No is INC000010341584. I'm a bit disappointed so far, as I entered all the necessary info and the GSI report, and in return I was asked to provide the very same info and GSI report that was already there! I'm aware of the E patch, but since I have a fresh KTS install, it looks it hasn't been yet enabled to me (as explained in the ticket). I do the manual database update everyday hoping it will get downloaded, but so far no luck. Is there any way to enforce this module update?

Some update: Support has advised me to upgrade to the 2020 RTM version to see if it helps. I've installed version 20.0.14.1085 and... it's much worse! :open_mouth: All I can get now is 60-65 Mbps... I saved the app settings, so 2020 is operating with the KTS config that assured the best possible networks performance I could get with 2019.

Friend, later after posting I actually removed 2020 and cleared everything with Kavremover, then re-installed 2020 with no legacy settings. No improvement whatsoever... Support told me that the code changes in 2020 were i.a. directed into improving the scanning driver, so they should positively impact the network performance. I did some more test and the speed varies, but in general the results are worse than for 2019...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Roughly the same yes,, which is why I was curious if it got worked out,  Using latest Security Cloud myself,   but prior to installation was seeing downloads  in the low 430’s to as high as 570 Mbps on my main system,,  after installation   17-24 Mbps.  running off the same router , 2 other systems , less capable hardware wise are still seeing 400-500 Mbps and wireless  devices  no lower than low 40’s Mbps.  Even a crappy old dell running ubuntu gets 200Mbps  on a wired connection.  I stopped rolling out to the rest of my systems as a result.

Hello @MisplacdTxn,

Thank you for replying👌

As per Kaspersky latest advice, for version 20.0.14.1085 patch H , quote  “We've further optimized the use of computer resources.”

Please do the following:

1. Confirm Kaspersky Security Cloud requirements?
  2. Check all Windows updates have a “successfully applied” status?
  3. Check the router/modem/network device’s firmware is up-to-date?
  4. Check Software compatibility, just to ensure there’s no conflicts?
  5. Clean-up of C:\Windows\Temp & C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local.
  6. Uninstall & reinstall Kaspersky Security Cloud, making sure to fully shutdown & restart the device between each procedure. 

If the issue persists, the best course of action, if Kaspersky Security Cloud is licensed, is to raise a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a GSI & Windows Logs & they will request Traces, captured as the issue is replicated. The Support Team will provide the correct steps to capture the Traces. 

After logging the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference #, then, normally within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you can continue to communicate with them via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

Kaspersky Security Cloud 20, "other" errors

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue with KIS 20.0.14.1085 j with 1 gbit fiber.

It is obvious that KIS affects the speed. If  I exit KIS speed returns to 1 gbit. I measured with speedtest console app in Windows 7.

I tried whatever suggested in this post. No luck.

Any feedback from Kaspersky on this matter?

Hello @Ronald.Johnson.55

Welcome!

1. Did the issue pre-exist patch J?

Please let us know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...

Have same problem, but issue with windows 10 x64 may update.

After update, KIS 20.0.14.1085(k) limit all download speed on my wifi is 2mp/s.

Exit KIS, my download return max speed is 6mb/s.

• 1 month later...

July 2000

I have 400/20 speed from my provider.  On installing the free, Kaspersky cloud AV, my speed dropped by more than half.   I solved the problem by  uninstalling Kasperky and will use something else.

• 4 weeks later...

July 2000

I have 400/20 speed from my provider.  On installing the free, Kaspersky cloud AV, my speed dropped by more than half.   I solved the problem by  uninstalling Kasperky and will use something else.

ill probably do the same 

• 2 months later...