Downloading from US site

7 hours ago, Hartha said:
  1. Kaspersky Standard, Plus and premium not launched in our region, still using KIS
  2. is it ok to download the Kaspersky plus from US site and use my existing key? will it work?

Hello @Hartha

Welcome back!

1. Which region are you in? 
  2. Probably not, you may encounter the following error: "Activation code is invalid for this region" ; it's better to wait. 
  3. "Activating" Kaspersky's new software range: Kaspersky Standard, Plus & Premium do not work like the original KAV/KIS/KTS - read: Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium: How subscription works & Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

25 minutes ago, Hartha said:

I'm from south Asia, bought the license from Kaspersky Indian website.

Hello @Hartha

Thank you for posting back & the information!

?As we said in our first replythis error: "Activation code is invalid for this region" may happen?

• According to @Danila T., the global rollout of Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium is expected sometime in the first quarter of 2023 - it's better to wait; the US software is designed specifically for the US. 
  • Eventually, when the new software arrives in India, you'll be able to convert (your) KIS license into a Kaspersky Standard subscription, as long as the KIS license is valid and has days remaining. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

@Hartha

Only FYI ,  my location is Belgium (EU) and I run Kaspersky Plus downloaded from the UK site with a KSC license purchased on the Kaspersky Netherlands (EU) online shop. For an additional advice please contact Kaspersky Technical Support , the link is available at the top on this Webpage.

Edit : The NL product is not yet released in Belgium.

Hello @Hartha

You may wish to contact support, but, you should know - we already did, before we responded to you, in our first reply; we don't feel the need to write down every time we scratch our nose or yawn or take a breath, but, if this continues, maybe we'll have to: 

Kaspersky experts advised:

"IF you are located in India, you will be able to download the software, from the US site, but you will not be to activate it as the product is not yet released in India. Just like our previous products, Kaspersky Standard, Plus & Premium licenses also have regional restrictions. If you download & activate the software in the USA then bring the device to India, then it will work; if you try to activate US software, while you are physically located in India, the "Activation code is invalid for this region" will happen."

Endqte

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 11/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, Berny said:

@Hartha   You can stay on hold but a French KIS user upgraded to Kaspersky Standard CA (Canada) before it was available in France ...

Well. I activated Kaspersky Standard with my KIS code, downloaded it from the US site and everything is fine and functioning as usual.

there is an occasional line (not always) in my Kaspersky account displaying "product yet to launch in your region" (that's not a big deal) apart from that even my Kaspersky works perfectly.

• Thanks 1

@Hartha

Thank you for your feedback ?

FYI , when I upgrade to a new release I always proceed with a on-top install, Kaspersky is automatically importing license information & settings before removing the previous version.

Also, in some rare cases there may be discrepancies between Online Help articles, Tech Support assistance and user experience in this Forum.

• 1 month later...

Kaspersky Security Cloud was transformed to Kaspersky Plus. So within this aspect, equalized.

But, however, when looking on the US site, Plus has unlimited VPN. Security Cloud is no mention on the US site. 

When visiting the kaspersky.com, which works also in EU, you have 'still transformed' Security Cloud as an option, but with limited to 500 MB VPN.

From my aspect of view, US customers get more in, technically, the same product. How "nice"...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berny said:

@Tomaz

Migrating in the EU from Kaspersky Security Cloud to Kaspersky Plus doesn’t include  unlimited Kaspersky VPN, only purchasing Kaspersky Plus provides Kaspersky unlimited VPN.

Yes, and this is wrong since Cloud was renamed to Plus.

And, btw, on kaspersky.com there is no option to order Plus. So I need to buy VPN license seperately.

Edited by Tomaz

1 hour ago, Tomaz said:
  • Yes, and this is wrong since Cloud was renamed to Plus.
  • And, btw, on kaspersky.com there is no option to order Plus. So, I need to buy VPN license separately.

Hello @Tomaz

Welcome back!

1. Incorrect, Kaspersky PLUS is a completely new generation product; it comes with Unlimited VPN; it is most *similar* to Kaspersky Security Cloud & then Kaspersky Total Security *but* Kaspersky PLUS is not identical to either Kaspersky Security Cloud or Kaspersky Total Security - see resources at the end of this post
  2. Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal, Family & Kaspersky Total Security come with Free (Standard) VPN; any user who wished to have Kaspersky Premium VPN *always* had to buy a separate subscription. 
  3. The problem has arisen because Kaspersky have done a poor job (ioo) of explaining how the conversion of KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC works for Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus & Premium. 
  4. Correct - Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus & Premium, will be available on Kaspersky.com - expected late February, March 2023, however any dates are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

Kaspersky Security Cloud - table. 

About subscription and versions of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium - Comparison of subscription plans

Added resource || waiting for ?

Well, since I live in Slovenia, most probably I won't wait on late February. My KSC license runs out in cca. 8 days, VPN Unlimited in cca. 12 days. I even questioned myself if I even need VPN unlimited. I started using it because of Twitter since I often have some opinions which don't go with the "correct ones"... The other reason was the idea of combining it with the usage of secure e-mail service Posteo. But since I don't use Twitter and this e-mail service nonstop...maybe these 500 MB (and/or services like TunnelBear VPN) are enough.

Edited by Tomaz
because i write faster than think :P

24 minutes ago, Tomaz said:

Well, since I live in Slovenia, most probably I won't wait on late February. My KSC license runs out in cca. 8 days, VPN Unlimited in cca. 12 days. I even questioned myself if I even need VPN unlimited. I started using it because of Twitter since I often have some opinions which don't go with the "correct ones"... The other reason was the idea of combining it with the usage of secure e-mail service Posteo. But since I don't use Twitter and this e-mail service nonstop...maybe these 500 MB (and/or services like TunnelBear VPN) are enough.

And because of EU censorship of russian media. Censorship is not OK. Never & anywhere.

17 minutes ago, Tomaz said:
  1. because i write faster than think ?
  2. And p.s.: If I remember correctly, to 500 MB limited VPN service doesn't offer connecting to all available servers.
  3. Censorship is not OK. Never & anywhere.

Hello @Tomaz

You're most welcome!

1. LOL! That gave us a laugh, thank you! 
  2. Correct.
  3. Agreed. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?