Doubts about Smart Home Monitor

Hello, I do not understand English well, sorry for the mistakes

I have some doubts about Smart Home Monitor:

When using this tool, it shows me more devices connected to my wifi network than I actually have and gives me information on how to block access to these devices. But I have to do the work myself.

Wouldn’t it be better if Kaspersky Smart Home Monitor took care of protecting my wifi network actively without me having to do the work? Is it possible to get Smart Home Monitor to do all the work autonomously and intelligently without me having to worry about it?"

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Raimgash said:
  1. Hello, I do not understand English well, sorry for the mistakes

I have some doubts about Smart Home Monitor: When using this tool, it shows me more devices connected to my wifi network than I actually have and gives me information on how to block access to these devices. But I have to do the work myself.

1. Wouldn’t it be better if Kaspersky Smart Home Monitor took care of protecting my wifi network actively without me having to do the work? Is it possible to get Smart Home Monitor to do all the work autonomously and intelligently without me having to worry about it?"

Hello @Raimgash

Welcome back! 

1. Your English is fine, you have not made any mistakes, please do not worry?! We can see your previous posts were in the Spanish Forum & Moderator @harlan4096 assisted you; IF you'd be more comfortable writing & speaking in Spanish we're sure @harlan4096 would be more than happy to help again. 
  2. Correct, the Smart Home Monitor tool relies upon the user making the modifications manually. 
  3. Again correct, it would be better if the Kaspersky Smart Home Monitor was *smarter*; on that note Kaspersky has released an updated version -> 21.13.5.506, Smart Home Monitor is supposed to be improved, read: Novedades de la última versión de la aplicación; which version is installed on (your computer), on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium - Español Descarga

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn. Added resource

Smart Monitor shows a list of devices that, at least, connected once to Your network, but with a “green led” only those that are online/connected at this moment.

About to block some devices manually: if You know how to work computer network topology, all the devices connect to the net via a main device: router. So it's impossible that from one of the devices (Yours with Kaspersky installed) You can disconnect or block one or more of the other devices connected to the network ?‍♂️, unless You physically disconnect it, or do it via the main device which manages the network -> router, that is what Kaspersky suggests You via Your router settings, blocking MAC address of the device.

From Your device with Kaspersky, You can block the other devices to access yours, but can't block/disconnect any of the other devices from the main network.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay in responding.

How can I identify the mac address of my devices to block access to the network from devices that do not belong to me?
On YouTube there are videos that explain how other people can access our WiFi networks without having the password. Is it possible to do something really effective to protect our WiFi networks from intruders?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding, I am from Argentina and I am using Kaspersky Premium Latin American version with original license purchased on the Kaspersky sales platform.
Can the Kaspersky community do something for the Kaspersky company to update Smart Home Monitor so that it actively protects our WiFi?

Thank you

Edited by Raimgash

On 5/15/2023 at 4:05 AM, Raimgash said:

1. Kaspersky Premium version 21.8.5.465. I am from Argentina and I am using Kaspersky Premium Latin American version with original license purchased on the Kaspersky sales platform.

52 minutes ago, Raimgash said:

2. Can the Kaspersky community do something for the Kaspersky company to update Smart Home Monitor so that it actively protects our WiFi?

Hello @Raimgash

Thank you for posting back!

1. ?Check the version  - on the Windows taskbar OR hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. READNovedades de la última versión de la aplicación  & Monitor de hogar inteligente -> UPDATE: Kaspersky Premium to version: 21.13.5.506, resource:  Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium - Español Descarga

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn