Does KIS 21.3.10.391 Patch (C) rolling-out? [MERGED]

Patch C for Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.3.10.391 was released on June 3, 2021. 

Confirmed at https://support.kaspersky.com/15595#21.3.10.391c 

Today is 10 June and I didn’t get it through KIS update!!! Update is working fine but there is no indication a new patch had been fetched from K-lab servers. 

Did you get Patch (C)? Is it rolling slowly? 

Thanks for sharing and responding. 

Is Patch (C) rolling out slowly? 

Hello @Moody
Welcome!

• Version & patch updates are released in staggered distributions. 
  • A patch release start date does not mean the patch will arrive on every computer, across the globe, on that day. 
  • Some patch release cycles may last 4 to 6 weeks. 
  • Version update cycles may last even longer. 
  • After a patch arrives, to apply the patch, make sure the computer is fully shutdown & restarted. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

The word “Patch” in software development means an update for newly discovered critical malfunction or vulnerabilities. Such Patch has to be developed and deployed quickly, before someone can take advantage of using these vulnerabilities.

K-Lab saying  in release notes that Patch (C) has fixes to some vulnerabilities, so we, who use KIS, are actually using a software has vulnerabilities that can be exploited by anyone, like hackers. 

Any get the Patch so far? If Not, what K-Lab waiting for? To be hacked through a software designed to protect us from hacks? 

This is very weird!!! 

I have Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 21.3.10.391 (b) - I installed the Global one - and Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with all updates (including optional ones) installed, running on a Dell Inspiron 14R 5421 with i7.

According to this Kaspersky support page, Kaspersky Security Cloud is already at 21.3.10.391 (c) since June 3, 2021 and this new patch c version fixes and improves several things. However, as much as I keep trying to update my KSC Free and rebooting my system, it seems to be stuck at patch b.

So my question is: Why it takes so long for my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free to get these nice new version upgrades?

I’ve also been noticing that KSC Free seems to slow down Windows Update quite a bit, so I was hoping that the new version might improve that too.

Thanks for reading. Any help & clarification is much appreciated!

Why it takes so long for my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free to get these nice new version upgrades / patch updates ? 

1. I’ve also been noticing that KSC Free seems to slow down Windows Update quite a bit, so I was hoping that the new version might improve that too.

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome back!

• A patch release start date does not mean the patch will arrive on every computer, across the globe, on that day. 
  • When patch / version cycles begin, Kaspersky continues to monitor/manage, if there are issues, sometimes a cycle may be delayed.
  • Some regions may take longer to receive updates. 
  • After a patch arrives, to apply the patch, make sure the computer is fully shutdown & restarted. 
  1. How does “KSC Free seems to slow down Windows Update” ?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resource: 

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

So my question is: Why it takes so long …

This question has been asked a lots of times in this Forum, before distributing the Patch globally Kaspersky first proceeds with a throttled rollout to check for eventual issues.

Why it takes so long for my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free to get these nice new version upgrades / patch updates ? 

1. I’ve also been noticing that KSC Free seems to slow down Windows Update quite a bit, so I was hoping that the new version might improve that too.

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome back!

• When patch / version cycles begin, Kaspersky continues to monitor/manage, if there are issues, sometimes a cycle may be delayed.
  • Some regions may take longer to receive updates. 
  1. How does “KSC Free seems to slow down Windows Update” ?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resource: 

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

Thanks for the explanation.

It would be nice if we had some option to manually install the latest patches/versions before their arrival to our place in these cycles.

Also it would be nice if there was an option to know as soon as possible if we have to reboot in order to install a new patch/version (instead of just guessing or waiting several days).

These are my suggestions to Kaspersky, hope they get noticed.

About KSC Free and Windows Update: since I bought an SSD,  my manual updating with Windows Update improved quite a bit in its speed (I disable Windows Update automatic updating), however I notice (by using Task Manager) that KSC Free consumes quite a lot of resources when I’m manually updating my system with Windows Update sometimes - can’t this be an indication of some conflict, and that KSC Free slows down Windows Update? 

First push target value Target="[0-13107]"
Push target value Target="[13108-*] for the second time

You need to modify the update target in the registry to become the first push users.
View in the registration form:
Enter "regedit" in the operation: (AVPXX.X.X is the corresponding version you installed, for example, the corresponding version of 21MR3 is AVP21.3.0)
32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVPXX.X.X\environment
64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVPXX.X.X\environment
Find the update target and check the key value. If the key value is greater than 13107, modify it as follows:
Tips: Please turn off Kaspersky self-protection and modify the health value. The recommended value is less than 10000, so that the patch can be pushed to you as soon as possible. After the modification is completed, turn on self-protection, and then update the database, it will be automatically Update, if there is no automatic update, you can click a few more times.

• 1 month later...

reboot

Please see screenshot below :

Hello! I’ve been looking at this notification center several times a day and never saw this reboot advise. Today, my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free was upgraded from patch d to patch e because I decided to manually reboot after getting tired of not seeing this reboot advise at the notification center while knowing that a patch e was released several days ago.

Kaspersky needs to implement a way for us to know when an upgrade needs a reboot immediately after the download of the upgrade.

Kaspersky needs to implement a way for us to know when an upgrade needs a reboot immediately after the download of the upgrade.

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome back! 

• IF an upgrade download has taken place, the “upgrade” is not complete unless the machine is rebooted.
  • IF, after a new version & or patch has (silently) arrived, the machine is not rebooted, within 7 days = 168 hours, the notifications, red shield etc, as shown by Moderator @Berny appear. 
  • The 7 days, 168 hours is arbitrary. 
  • Kaspersky have never explained why it’s 7 days, 168 hours, other than to say → “it’s always been this way”🙄
  • We’ve said for years, when a patch or new version “arrives”, Kaspersky users should be notified. We cannot be rebooting our machines every 24hrs, to “see” whether or not a new version/patch has “magically” appeared. 
  • Kaspersky’s new version/patch, notifications to user, 7 day, 168 hour policy is not Kaspersky customer focused. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon on the Windows taskbar will turn red.

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome back! 

• IF an upgrade download has taken place, the “upgrade” is not complete unless the machine is rebooted.
  • IF, after a new version & or patch has (silently) arrived, the machine is not rebooted, within 7 days = 168 hours, the notifications, red shield etc, as shown by Moderator @Berny appear. 
  • The 7 days, 168 hours is arbitrary. 
  • Kaspersky have never explained why it’s 7 days, 168 hours, other than to say → “it’s always been this way”🙄
  • We’ve said for years, when a patch or new version “arrives”, Kaspersky users should be notified. We cannot be rebooting our machines every 24hrs, to “see” whether or not a new version/patch has “magically” appeared. 
  • Kaspersky’s new version/patch, notifications to user, 7 day, 168 hour policy is not Kaspersky customer focused. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Resource:

To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon on the Windows taskbar will turn red.

Thank you for your sincerity. Is there a way to contact Kaspersky Lab and suggest a change to this policy?

Thinking about this, is there an official email or something to give feedback about Kaspersky products?

Maybe if more users contact them about this issue, they change their minds.

Is there a way to contact Kaspersky Lab and suggest a change to this policy?

Thinking about this, is there an official email or something to give feedback about Kaspersky products?

Hello @givemeatip

You’re most welcome🙂 !

If you’d like an enhancement/change/new feature, raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, select FeedbackI have a suggestion or FeedbackI have a complaint → provide specific detail, explain the impact to you/users of Kaspersky software with the software as it is, be clinically factual: 

• After submitting the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12 digits reference #, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Lab human will contact you, also by email, you may continue to communicate with them via reply email & or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky.com account.
  • Please let the Kaspersky Community know what they say?

Note: as a user of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, there is no Technical Support, however:

1. You’re not asking for TS to solve a problem, you’re submitting Feedback. 
  2. The Technical Team has the option of using “discretion”, when users with Kaspersky’s Free software do need to engage TS. 
  3. Recently, TS have been closing Feedback, Suggestion INCs; saying things like “ *it* may or may not be implemented in the future, if you want an update, contact us again, in the future”.  The *problem* with that is, that involves raising a new INC & going through everything that entails; it’s worth noting, (ioo), since Kaspersky opened their new data centres, a lot of the quality “problem management” has suffered. 
  4. Additionally, in the majority of Kaspersky documentation & some of their software, there’s the option to leave feedback via Report a problem & or, Was this information helpful - Yes No - if No is selected, a How can we improve this article?, popup will open, this can be filled in & submitted. The problem with this “feedback” method is, there’s no record (for you), to track the feedback. If (you) do keep a screenprint, dated, etc., & at a later date, contact Technical Support to discuss the issue, bc, it has not been “fixed”; Technical Support know nothing about it & make you raise a request… 😩

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

Is there a way to contact Kaspersky Lab and suggest a change to this policy?

Hello @givemeatip

You’re most welcome🙂 !

If you’d like an enhancement/change/new feature, raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, select FeedbackI have a suggestion or FeedbackI have a complaint → provide specific detail, explain the impact to you/users of Kaspersky software with the software as it is, be clinically factual: 

• After submitting the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12 digits reference #, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Lab human will contact you, also by email, you may continue to communicate with them via reply email & or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky.com account.
  • Please let the Kaspersky Community know what they say?

Note: as a user of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, there is no Technical Support, however:

1. You’re not asking for TS to solve a problem, you’re submitting Feedback. 
  2. The Technical Team has the option of using “discretion”, when users with Kaspersky’s Free software do need to engage TS. 
  3. Recently, TS have been closing Feedback, Suggestion INCs; saying things like “ *it* may or may not be implemented in the future, if you want an update, contact us again, in the future”.  The *problem* with that is, that involves raising a new INC & going through everything that entails; it’s worth noting, (ioo), since Kaspersky opened their new data centres, a lot of the quality “problem management” has suffered. 
  4. Additionally, in the majority of Kaspersky documentation & some of their software, there’s the option to leave feedback via Report a problem & or, Was this information helpful - Yes No - if No is selected, a How can we improve this article?, popup will open, this can be filled in & submitted. The problem with this “feedback” method is, there’s no record (for you), to track the feedback. If (you) do keep a screenprint, dated, etc., & at a later date, contact Technical Support to discuss the issue, bc, it has not been “fixed”; Technical Support know nothing about it & make you raise a request… 😩

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋 

Hello. I submitted the complaint and got an INC. I used some of your words from your last post, they describe the problem better than I can:

“When a patch or new version “arrives”, Kaspersky users should be notified. We cannot be rebooting our machines every 24hrs, to “see” whether or not a new version/patch has “magically” appeared. Kaspersky’s new version/patch, notifications to user, 7 day, 168 hour policy is not Kaspersky customer focused.”

Let’s see what happens.

I received an answer for my INC. Here is what they said:

“Thank you so much for contacting Kaspersky support! Thanks for sharing your ideas, we'll pass them on to our development team. At the moment, it is difficult to say how long it will take to implement them because all features are planned and evaluated in advance. But keep an eye out for updates! Kaspersky appreciates your contact and appreciates the information shared.”