Does Kaspersky plan to introduce My Kaspersky account protection with two-factor authentication? [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Hello Whitecatlab, Welcome! It's wouldn't be difficult considering the eCaptcha "feature" is already in use for really critical things like logging an issue,? (it's not like we're logged into our bank accounts), but (imo) with highly complex passwords, changed frequently, having 2FA on the MyKaspersky account would be a PIA. There's lots of things Kaspersky need to fix about the portal, including todays poor implementation of another change to the LiveChat feature. Best regards.

Are you serious? I don't believe my eyes. In fact, 2FA for me is one of the key factors to recommend Kaspersky products or not. At a time of gigantic leakages, offering protection control accounts without optional 2FA is frenzy. Double frenzy from the cyber security company.

I currently see a My Kaspersky account with a simple password protection. What's more, I can change the email address for this account without any notification to the old email address. Where is the bank's standard protection here?

Ok, I was patient enough to listen support texts :) Now please answer to my question. Does Kaspersky plan to introduce My Kaspersky account protection with two-factor authentication?
That is what I meant, they said they will add it for My Kaspersky as far as I remember... cannot currently access the device nor that browsing history on which I found this info so I cannot be sure. Sorry!

Straight from the horses mouth: KLC-SM: Kaspersky Lab Technical Support: FLOOD: Is 2 Factor authentication going to be implemented for the MyKaspersky portal?
  1. KLC-SM: : Yes that is indeed right :)
FLOOD: What is right?
  1. KLC-SM: 2 Factor authentication will be implemented for the MyKaspersky portal.
FLOOD: When? KLC-SM: It is already implemented, sorry for the confusion. Let me correct myself again,2 Factor authentication has already been implemented for the MyKaspersky portal. FLOOD: I beg your pardon, would you like to explain, is that in a specific region?
  1. KLC-SM: Yes, only for internal Kaspersky employees. The system is still on testing.
  1. KLC-SM: Soon it will implemented for end users as well.
FLOOD: When will 2fa be implemented for Kaspersky Customers - when?
  1. KLC-SM: No target date yet, but when it is implemented we will surely reach out to you.
FLOOD: What is the ETA?
  1. KLC-SM: We still have to verify that with the HQ.
FLOOD: A month, 6months, a year? You have NO idea? Is that right?
  1. KLC-SM: We still have to verify that with the HQ, like I said we need to clarify this with them without giving any misleading information.
FLOOD: Ok, so you're happy to give wrong information but you can't give "misleading" information?
  1. KLC-SM: Sorry about that, but what I am trying to say is I need to verify this with them. They will notify all the enduser once it has been implemented.
--------------------------------- Hope that answers the question:thinking:

I currently see a My Kaspersky account with a simple password protection. What's more, I can change the email address for this account without any notification to the old email address. Where is the bank's standard protection here?
I don't quite understand what you're looking for. Something like that? The screenshot was taken from the account settings for my Kaspersky.[spoiler][/spoiler] When logging in, you enter your email address and password, then a six-digit code is sent to the phone number you entered, which you have to insert into another window. Only then you are authenticated.

Meu blog Kaspersky com uma proteção de senha simples. Além disso, posso alterar o endereço de e-mail desta conta como qualquer outra alternativa para o endereço de e-mail antigo. Onde está a proteção padrão do banco aqui?
Amigo verdadeiro!

Como posso responder aos meus pedidos de ajuda :) Agora, por favor, responda à minha pergunta. O Kaspersky planeja introduzir uma proteção da conta Meu Kaspersky com autenticação de dois fatores?
Verdadeiro amigo, também quero saber.

Hello MauroBR, Welcome! We all want to know! Kudos to WhiteCatLab for opening the conversation. At least now we know, the solution has been released to Kaspersky employees and one Kaspersky Community Mod has reported [MyKaspersky account][Security] tab is available (for him) : whether or not that turns out to be ( Kaspersky's ) way of publishing 2FA, remains unclear. And, unfortunately and again, Kaspersky is not speaking:disappointed_relieved:. Best regards *** Bem vinda MauroBR, Todos nós queremos saber! Parabéns ao WhiteCatLab por abrir a conversa. Pelo menos agora sabemos, a solução foi liberada para os funcionários da Kaspersky e um Kaspersky Community Mod informou que a guia [MyKaspersky account] [Security] está disponível (para ele): seja ou não a maneira (Kaspersky) de publicando 2FA, permanece incerto. E, infelizmente e novamente, Kaspersky não está falando:disappointed_relieved: Cumprimentos!

So, some experiments have been done. Currently, 2FA is available not only internally, but also in some region. However, the email can be changed without any notification for any of the accounts (with or without 2FA). This possibility seems to me very dangerous for accounts without 2FA, as account can be easily stolen if someone gets credentials from leaked databases, etc.

The email can be changed without any notification for any of the accounts (with or without 2FA). This possibility seems to me very dangerous for accounts without 2FA, as account can be easily stolen if someone gets credentials from leaked databases, etc.
This information is exactly the sort of feedback the developers should be hearing. With 2FA being "trialed" on Kaspersky employees it's an opportune time to get the "feature" fit for purpose, once it's released the horse has bolted. If you haven't yet submitted all your good information Whitecatlab (for all our sakes) please log a request with Kaspersky Lab Technical Support - https://center.kaspersky.com Best regards!

• 5 weeks later...
Hello all, 2FA has been released, use your mobile phone or authenticator apps to get security codes. Kaspersky recommend setting up authenticator apps on several devices.
  1. To activate, sign into: https://my.kaspersky.com/MyPasswords#/masterpassword(modal:myaccount/security)
  2. In ACCOUNT SETTINGS, Security,
setup: two-step verification
  1. Set up your mobile phone number.
  2. Select a verification method when you sign in.
✅Security codes are sent to your mobile phone number by SMS. ✅Security codes are generated locally by an authenticator app. ? ??‍♀️ --- Reference docs: https://support.kaspersky.com/14245#block0 What's new "We've introduced two-factor authentication when connecting to My Kaspersky for better protection of your account". February 27, 2019 :thinking:Why it's been kept so?? https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/182858.htm