Do not prompt for confirmation after changing settings

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After I have changed some settings in Kaspersky Internet Security, I am required to click OK and then Save. I then receive the message: “Do not prompt for confirmation during the next:” and the choices are:  “Not selected, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes”. I then choose one of the options and click Yes.

What happens next? Well, actually nothing happens.

It doesn’t make any difference what I click, I never, ever receive a prompt for confirmation.

What do you really mean by this statement “Do not prompt for confirmation”?

Does this mean you haven’t changed the settings?

Does this mean you have changed the settings?

I have absolutely no idea if you have actually changed any settings.

Please tell me if you are changing settings or not.

Kardip, thank you for your suggestion but no, I am not going to change all my settings to default and start again. I use my computer to do interesting things with, not to spend all my time fiddling with settings.

Also, the settings I want to change are secondary, even though important. I am adding email addresses to the Allowed Senders and Blocked Senders lists, and I have absolutely zero confidence that anything is actually changing.

I am a highly analytical thinker. If I never receive a prompt for confirmation, logic tells me that the changes I think I have made will never come into effect. My logic is based on the assumption that Kaspersky Internet Security is based on logic, ie that Kaspersky Internet Security would not include a prompt for confirmation if the software was never actually going to send a prompt for confirmation.

Putting all that into a positive statement, logic tells me that Kaspersky Internet Security includes a prompt for confirmation because the software will always send a prompt for confirmation. The only question is when Kaspersky Internet Security will send the prompt for confirmation.

Given that I have never, ever received a prompt for confirmation from Kaspersky Internet Security, I can only conclude that Kaspersky Internet Security is not based on logic.

I am hoping you can tell me whether or not the changes I think I am making to the Allowed Senders and Blocked Senders lists are actually coming into effect.

Note, of course, that if my changes are actually coming into effect then the conclusion is exceptionally clear: Kaspersky Internet Security is not based on logic.

Hello @sp53

IF a  “Do not prompt for confirmation during the next x time period” is selected, KIS does not prompt in the ensuring x time → continue to make & save changes, the confirmation prompt will not display again until the x time period expires.

Before resetting Settings, Export settings, save the config file → proceed to the Reset → test the issue, if it’s replicable, import original settings & log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support

Additional resources:

Tutorial by @Danila T. Read before you create a new topic!

Advanced settings of Anti-Spam

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Dear Flood & Flood’s wife

You have not properly read what I wrote.

This is an honest statement of fact. I am not being rude or impolite.

It doesn’t make any difference what I click, I never, ever receive a prompt for confirmation.

What I wrote in my initial question was “It doesn’t make any difference what I click, I never, ever receive a prompt for confirmation.”

• Solution

Hello @sp53

Thank you for posting back.

We read everything you wrote.

The “Confirmation is required…. etc” popup with options “Do not prompt for confirmation during the next: Not selected, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes”, is the prompt for confirmation.

IF a  “Do not prompt for confirmation during the next x time period” is selected, KIS does not prompt in the ensuring x time → continue to make & save changes, the confirmation prompt will not display again until the x time period expires.

IF your KIS application does not function in this manner, Export KIS config, Reset KIS to default (as @KarDip suggested), test → if the issue persists, Import Settings or not (your choice) & log a case with the Kaspersky Technical Support team. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I am a highly analytical thinker. If I never receive a prompt for confirmation, logic tells me that the changes I think I have made will never come into effect. My logic is based on the assumption that Kaspersky Internet Security is based on logic, ie that Kaspersky Internet Security would not include a prompt for confirmation if the software was never actually going to send a prompt for confirmation.

You seem to think that logic will lead all analytical thinkers to the same conclusion.  If that were true all philosophers would be out of business.

You complain that KIS did not prompt of confirmation, but you’ve been told several times in this thread that KIS did prompt.  You received a prompt which also asked if you wanted to continue receiving prompts or KIS should suppress such prompts for x minutes.

Perhaps it is the wording of the prompt rather than the logic behind it that has bothered / confused you.

Re Flood & Flood’s wife of 10 days ago, thank you for clarifying that the “Do not prompt for confirmation “  is the prompt for confirmation.

The fact is that the changes I had been making were not actually being implemented. that’s why I logged a case.

thank you