DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXdomaine - how to fix it?

Miko
Go to solution Solved by Guest #37,

Hello Miko, Re [does Kaspersky internet security has something to do with that?] probably not. As well as the above post:
  1. Please post the website URL?
  2. Please advise Operating system, e.g. Windows 10/7?
  3. Is the error happening with all browsers or only Google Chrome?
If it's only Google Chrome:
  1. Export Bookmarks
  2. Clear Browser , enter this into url bar chrome://settings/clearBrowserData select the options as shown in the image
  1. Reset Google Chrome to [Default]
  2. Enter this into url bar chrome://flags/ select as per image [Reset to default] - don't be concerned about the warning, that applies when selecting options that are NOT default.
  1. Reboot/Restart PC.
  2. Test the website again - if the error persists.
If using Windows 10, please perform the following steps
  1. Disconnect from the internet,
  2. Turn off/exit network connection, in other words, if you have a wifi/adsl/cable conx, turn off the router.
  3. Press Windows + X
  4. Press “A” to launch Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
  5. Enter the following commands, one at a time & press ENTER after EACH command
  6. ipconfig /release
  7. ipconfig /all
  8. ipconfig /flushdns
  9. ipconfig /renew
  10. netsh int ip set dns
  11. netsh winsock reset
  12. Reboot/Restart PC.
  13. Restart Router.
  14. Restart KIS.
  15. Test website again
Please let us know? Thanks!

Hi Miko, and welcome to the new Kaspersky community. As well as above posts. Might be a good idea to run a Kaspersky GSI Log. https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 Then copy and paste the Zip File In the GSI Parser. https://www.getsysteminfo.com/ Also Kaspersky has there own support information on DNS errors issue. https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/error/activation/13771#block3 Thank you.

I am running on Window 7 ultimate and the problem are both on Google chrome & Explorer 11. BTW, Wikipedia also have the same problem. The GSI Log files has a problem to download, internet is too slow. What do you suggest? Miko

1. KIS
  2. Google chrome & Explorer 11.
  3. Wikipedia - same problem.
  4. GSI Log files - problem to download.
What do you suggest?
#Additional to all of the above# Hello Miko,
  1. If you FULLY EXIT KIS, does/do the errors still happen?
  2. With KIS ACTIVE: can you try with another browser, e.g. Firefox, Vilvaldi, Brave, Opera - Same result? With KIS INACTIVE, can you try with another browser, e.g. Firefox, Vilvaldi, Brave, Opera - Same result?
  3. Wikipedia - same problem.... ? Can you please post several URLs that generate the errors please?
  4. When GSI is generated, it creates a SMALLER GZI .zip folder INSIDE the master GZI.Zip folder (it may have your name, change the name of the folder: e.g. GSI-DNS-date.zip), please extract the master GZI.zip folder, then try to upload the SMALLER GZI .zip folder please?
  5. Referring to 29/04, Caos's and my earlier post, have you done any of the steps?
Please let us know? Thanks!

Hello Miko, K won't be making GSI "more user friendly" at least not in our lifetimes. Please tell me what's complicated about GSI? I can help.
  1. Are you having trouble downloading the GSI tool?
  2. Are you having trouble running the GSI tool?
  3. Or, knowing which GSI options to select?
or ? No problem if you don't wish to pusure GSI, however, can you please let us know:
  1. If you FULLY EXIT KIS, does/do the errors still happen?
  2. With KIS ACTIVE: can you try with another browser, e.g. Firefox, Vilvaldi, Brave, Opera - Same result?
  3. With KIS INACTIVE, can you try with another browser, e.g. Firefox, Vilvaldi, Brave, Opera - Same result?
  4. Wikipedia - same problem.... ? Can you please post several URLs that generate the errors please?
  5. And, re: using KIS WITH KSC, the error does not occur:
  1. Have you done:
  1. Disconnect from the internet,
  2. Turn off/exit network connection, in other words, if you have a wifi/adsl/cable conx, turn off the router.
  3. Press Windows + X
  4. Press “A” to launch Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
  5. Enter the following commands, one at a time & press ENTER after EACH command
  6. ipconfig /release
  7. ipconfig /all
  8. ipconfig /flushdns
  9. ipconfig /renew
  10. netsh int ip set dns
  11. netsh winsock reset
  12. Reboot/Restart PC.
  13. Restart Router.
  14. Restart KIS.
Then retest, without KSC. Please let us know? Thanks!

FLOOD: What is complicated is not GSI per se, but to load the file generated with GSI Perser. It takes for ever and also your recommendation when you say: { When GSI is generated, it creates a SMALLER GZI .zip folder INSIDE the master GZI.Zip folder (it may have your name, change the name of the folder: e.g. GSI-DNS-date.zip), please extract the master GZI.zip folder, then try to upload the SMALLER GZI .zip folder please?}. So I drop the ball right there. Anyway, I followed through with the remaining suggestions and for #1 now the error message is “ERR_connection_timed_out” ditto for #2 to #4. For #5 the answer is yes using KSC is OK. After, I executed the commands suggested and a reboot no change still “ERR_connection_timed_out” A tough cookie isn’t? Miko

Hello Miko, It is indeed a tough cookie? I’ve created a “help” doc for GSI as I don’t know what ball gets dropped when it’s dropped (sorry, precise/detail needed, otherwise – a crystal ball, which sadly, none of us have. Second confusing issue is: [ https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/dns-probe-finished-nxdomaine-848#post4177 ] is marked [SOLVED], but, reading your "tough cookie" post it's clearly not. As I see it, the original error [DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXdomaine] has morphed into to [ ERR_connection_timed_out ] error which is occurring: *1* Only when KIS is active - [yes] [no]? *2* [ ERR_connection_timed_out ] does not occur with KIS& KSC both active together - [yes] [no]? *3* Irrespective of the browser used [yes] [no]? *4* Irrespective of which site (url) is visited [yes][no]? If the error only occurs ON SOME sites please post at least 3 urls of impacted sites? & Please advise: *5* When did KIS patch(e) update? *6* Did the original issue exist before Patch(e) or after? *7* How long have you been using KSC? *8* Have you done a full a full reboot/factory reset of the router/modem? If not please don't do yet or, if you choose to, make sure you have the ?[PIN/Passcode]? the router was shipped with... Preference is: ❌[factory reset]❌ is not done out of sequence, please bear that in mind... Let's do a checkpoint, lots more info but need to hear from you please & also would like to know if any progress is made with GSI please... ? Many thanks!

Guest #37
Dear Caos No luck with your solution #1 & #2, but with #3 using KSC is fine. Thanks Miko
You´re welcome Regards

Yes Caos, I read that, BUT, the issue is not [SOLVED] it's morphed, if MIKO can't use KIS alone without the error then it's simply done what many issues do, "progressed"... Every user getting this error may not have or wish to have/use a VPN. If KIS doesn't work without a VPN, then it's a problem, not just for Miko.... Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, a guy's if you just upgraded your pc or computer to windows 10 and are facing hassle upon hassle, you are not alone. whatever the problem, we have got many ears and windows 10 support and help. Take a look at the services of windows 10 setup we offer below and choose whatever suits your needs.

Windows 10 Support and Configuration