Display is too large for the screen while in Kasp.

Why
Go to solution Solved by Why,

Just downloaded Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, but It says I have 21.7.7.393 Kaspersky Free in "about"

Using Win7 set at maximum 1440x900 max resolution. Display for Kasp is too wide for screen, and requires me to use mouse to move it left or right to see all.

There is no "window" option, only "minimize" or "exit". I could find no settings to adjust it within the program.

Guessing the programmers got *****, and decided EVERYBODY has a HD screen display?

Anybody know a fix? I chose it because the recent software upgrade from AVAST assumes I have a super computer with a zillion GB of memory, and reduced me to a crawl unless I turned off the protection.

With a much lower demand on the system, the speed has returned to normal with Kasp. Even 10 year old computers still need protection! Thanks..

Hello @Why,

Welcome!

1. For our understanding, do you mean the Kaspersky GUI is too large or the Kaspersky About screen is too large? 
  2. Post an image of the problem please, we need to see what you see please? 
  • Note, the GUI is a fixed size, it cannot be adjusted, there are no configurable settings.  

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling, side *size* ?

Hello @Why

Additional: the available options are:

1. In all Kaspersky home AV software, a , in the top right-corner of any GUI window represents Help, selecting  opens Kaspersky's corresponding Online Help resource, for that window.
  2. Minimize. 
  3. Exit.

image.thumb.png.52dbf50ae6a402d7990043bad62d0446.png

That's all.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Added image

Based on your image, my screen shows the GUI covering the entire laptop screen, with  about 1/2" cut off on left and right. The "x" is hidden, so I have to shift it left to close the GUI.

Industry-standard Full HD 1080p resolution seems to start at 1920 x 1080. With a 1440x900 max on my laptop, the "***** programmer syndrome" will probably never allow me to properly see programs with a 1080 default?  (Unless they allow resizing of the window)

• Solution
2 hours ago, Berny said:

@Why

Also , please check your screen scaling settings → ? 100% - 125% - 150% ... ?

"Kaspersky Free 21.7.7.393" is the new updated version.

Yes, that did allow the Kasp GUI to fully display, but at the cost of making everything else smaller. So I guess I'll choose in favor of the other 99% of the programs that actually display correctly. Now that I've got everything set in Kasp, probably won't ever need to open the GUI again...Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Heh, must have one of their programmers reading the forum The 4 letter word beginning with L has been censored. Only L-a-z-y people have to censor. They'll probably delete the post now, so thanks Bernie for giving me the option if needed. Bye all!

Edited by Why

• 4 weeks later...

I have had this issues with Kaspersy for the last few years. And this year it even left me stabbing in the dark during installation. Just tab then enter until I hit luck on the button off screen.
It seems to only be trouble on my laptops / netbooks that have a screen resolution higher than the windows reported native resolution for the monitor.

So dropping back to the supposed native resolution (in my case a square 640X480 on a widescreen laptop display.......go figure) and then everything fits on.
I've reported this each year and this year just got "have you tried maximising the window" on a product that has no window size options and after telling them I had already tried to do this. Great work on knowing your own products.

Any way, I hope this and the other solutions help someone, as the support team can't even give a relevant response. 

email_03.jpg

Edited by Berny
EMail masked

42 minutes ago, MrG81 said:

I have had these issues with Kaspersky for the last few years. And this year it even left me stabbing in the dark during installation. Just tab then enter until I hit luck on the button off screen.
It seems to only be trouble on my laptops / netbooks that have a screen resolution higher than the windows reported native resolution for the monitor.

So, dropping back to the supposed native resolution (in my case a square 640X480 on a widescreen laptop display.......go figure) and then everything fits on.
I've reported this each year and this year just got "have you tried maximizing the window" on a product that has no window size options and after telling them I had already tried to do this. Great work on knowing your own products.

Anyway, I hope this, and the other solutions help someone, as the support team can't even give a relevant response. 

Hello @MrG81

Welcome!

Thank you for the post; you're not alone; others have raised the same concerns & we submitted the issue to the expert team, with similar results; the bottom line, as far as the GUI is concerned, is it cannot be changed; we all hope the support for the issue will improve - that's definitely not fixed in concrete. 

Please read your private message. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

spelling corrected?

• 2 months later...

I am unhappy about the inability to see the whole 'setting(s)' screens. I have this program on two different computers which have different screen resolutions and have the same problem on both. No other program (that I know of) has this problem. A major company like Kaspersky should be able to fix this easily, yet I see it's been happening to many people for at least a few years with no solution. It looks like an unfinished program to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same issue, and it started out of nowhere. Iniitally everyhting was okay, but the it changed from one moment to another. Not sure if I did any combination of keys on my keyboard unwantedly, but now I cannot get it back to "normal size". All other windows are perfectly sized, monitor is on 100%. As I am working with 4 displays, I tried on all of them, and it's the same on all 4. The windowjust suddenly grow massive (like 200% scale) and hence only 60% of the window is visible on screen...