Disney plus and vpn

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi,

When opening Disney plus app on Android 10 the Disney logo appears briefly but then it hangs on the error message “network error” and I’m not able login or view any content. I use Kaspersky VPN version 1.42.0.127. 

Netflix and HBO runs correctly on the same device (Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e) with no issues.

Regards,

Eric

Hi, When opening Disney plus app on Android 10 the Disney logo appears briefly but then it hangs on the error message “network error” and I’m not able login or view any content. I use Kaspersky VPN version 1.42.0.127. Netflix and HBO runs correctly on the same device (Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e) with no issues. Regards, Eric

Hello @Ikaros1

Welcome back!

1. Is mobile data or wifi being used when “network error” happens? 
  2. Check: Why is it impossible to open a website with Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection enabled?
  3. IF KVPN is premium subscription & IF the issue is replicable, video it, using a Screen recorder & log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support , fill in the Connectivity issues, Specific website does not work as expected template, as in our image; Support may request Traces & other data; they will guide you:

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

It is connected to WiFi and I’m actually getting ‘error code 73’ in Disney plus... so I’ll need to disable VPN for accessing this website.

Hello @Ikaros1,

Thank you for your reply.

Correct, Disney+ Support have documented 'Error Code 73'. 

Their advice is: “Disney+ isn’t available in your current region; deactivate VPN to enjoy Disney+ content”. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

As a feedback, it would be good to have a feature in Kaspersky VPN that allows the user add a VPN exclusion for the app in question, that way it won’t be necessary to go back and forth to the Kaspersky VPN and turn it off and on every time. Thanks.

• The topic was unlocked
38 minutes ago, Danila T. said:

Hi all,

Our product supports Disney+ via any VPN server, but only the USA library will be available.

Hi @Danila T.

Thank you!

Tested, it works, but, to all who are using this solution, it's not seamless, any existing Disney+ Watchlists, may become invisible... 

IF users select different US remote virtual servers, this will be a pain. 

We're fully aware this is not due to the VPN software, however, it's important users are aware of the issue. 

Flood? +?