Disk Usage Climb 100%

Welcome. Worthy try: Un and re install Kaspersky. Uninstall > restart the computer > do routine disk maintenance such as defrag, disk cleanup, make sure Windows updates are installed > restart the computer > re install Kaspersky > update databases > restart again. Any better after that? If still no go, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

• 11 months later...

“Every time when system starts and disk usage stays 100% for sometime and then settles down. At that time cant use any other application and task manager shows KIS consuming most CPU” Yes me too, I’ve been with K for years but I don’t remeber it ever being as bad as this, my PC is effectively useless while K updates and it’s a pretty high spec machine. 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Product need verify the integrity of program files and AV enginee cache and load product resource such as GUI during every reboot and start PC, So it is inevitable to read and write disks. When the related activities stop, the occupancy of disk reads and writes will be reduced to minimum. If the occupancy persists, then there is a problem.

Regards.

• 1 year later...