Discord does not open when Kaspersky is ON

Thilak
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Discord doesn't start when the Kaspersky is ON. When the Kaspersky is Disabled, Discord client connects and opens. It happens the same for Unity3D Hub. I did allow the Discord and UnityHub in Firewall settings in Kaspersky.

This happened after the Windows Update.

Product : Kaspersky Total Security

Edited by Thilak

2 hours ago, Thilak said:
  1. Kaspersky Total Security
  2. This happened after the Windows Update. OS : Windows 11. 
  3. Discord doesn't start when the Kaspersky is ON. When the Kaspersky is Disabled, Discord client connects and opens.
  4. It happens the same for Unity3D Hub.
  5. I did allow the Discord and UnityHub in Firewall settings in Kaspersky.

Hello @Thilak

Welcome!

• We've checked our systems - W11 22H2, Discord is running fine. 
  1. Which KTS version & patch(x), is installed, on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Confirm the Windows 11 OS update, is a commercial release, not a Preview, Insider or Beta release, refer: Which version of Windows operating system am I running
  3. In KTS Reports, are there any DISCORD events - that match the issues you're reporting, if "yes", save the Report as a text file, upload to cloud & post the share link please? 
  4. Is Unity3D Hub compatible with W11 22H2, please confirm with the Unity team? 
  5. In KTS Reports, are there any Unity3D Hub events - that match the issues you're reporting, if "yes", save the Report as a text file, upload to cloud & post the share link please?  
  6. With the Discord &  Unity3D Hub Firewall exclusions, are the issues resolved - do Discord & Unity work as you expect them to or is it only when KTS is disabled that the apps work? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resource

13 hours ago, Thilak said:
  • "I did allow the Discord and UnityHub in Firewall settings in Kaspersky."
1 hour ago, Thilak said:
  • Please share more about 'Adding Applications to Exclusions'

Hello @Thilak

You're most welcome!

1. Are there any DISCORD or Unity3D Hub events in the KTS Reports - "yes" or "no" -> if "yes", share those events as we've requested in our first reply or follow the next point 3, in this reply? 
  2. Which 'Exclusions' are you referring to? 
  3. Log a case with support, select either Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template; support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 months later...
On 14/10/2022 at 04:19, Igor Kurzin disse:

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
2. Exit Kaspersky product
3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

work here thys alot

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Thanks a lot!!!
Windows Store and Discord were working normally for years until yesterday and today stopped work. This solution solved the problem.

I created an account just for thank you.

Edited by Christian Cardoso
  • Like 5

On 10/14/2022 at 9:19 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Hello ! I have the same problem but I'm stuck at the third step, I need administrator permission, I've played with the security settings of the file, nothing helps. Do you have any ideas? 

1 hour ago, Guilhem said:

Hello ! I have the same problem but I'm stuck at the third step, I need administrator permission,

Hello @Guilhem

Welcome!

Follow the instructions provided by @Igor Kurzin carefully

1. In (Windows) File Explorer, make sure Hidden items is checked? 
  2. ?Open the Kaspersky application, then disable Self-Defense via Settings⚙ -> General?
  3. Exit Kaspersky application - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
  5. Start the Kaspersky application. 
  6. Enable Self-Defense
  7. Re-check the issue?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 4 weeks later...
В 14.10.2022 в 10:19, Igor Kurzin сказал:

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Hello, @Igor Kurzin
Just yesterday stumbled on the same issue and your advice has helped me, you are a true hero of the community, thank you for your service, sir.

Edited by skreppler
  • Like 1

The same problem occurred here, last week, Discord no longer opened, and the Notion application recently also stopped opening and last Friday could not git push in any remote repository.
Everything that is going to work normally when disabled Kaspersky ...

In this case Discord was in loop in the modal saying that he could not make an update.
The notion was on a white screen and a modal appeared saying he couldn't connect to the internet.
And in the case of GIT, whether by terminal, as by VSCode or GitDesktop, all appeared the same error:
"Fatal: Unable to Access 'https: //gitlab.xxxx': Send Failure: Connection Was Reset"
Curiosity that Kaspersky VPN is also stating that I have no internet.

As I said, everything went back to work normally after disabling Kaspersky

I use Windows 10 and I use Karpersky for over 2 years.
All these problems began now in early February

image.thumb.png.c087479186e34dac804d595134088e91.png
image.thumb.png.7046de54266c7fc9281971babe3a7956.png
image.thumb.png.99edee951e5981f7e92ad012c61d7c9b.png

Edited by Lucas de Limas

36 minutes ago, Lucas de Limas said:

I use Windows 10 and I use Kaspersky for over 2 years.

last week, Discord no longer opened, and the Notion application recently also stopped opening and last Friday could not git push in any remote repository.
Everything that is going to work normally when disabled Kaspersky ...

Hello @Lucas de Limas

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

10 horas atrás, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @Lucas de Limas

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

it worked, it solved all the problems, all the apps are working again vaaaleu! Thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2023 at 9:48 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lucas de Limas

You are so very welcome?!

Well done?

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community!

We're delighted with the outcome?‍♂️

Cheers!
Flood?+?

I actually noticed the Failed Update loop this morning. Turning off Kaspersky let me sign in but when I turned it back on I couldn't connect to any voice channels or view any images sent to me or posted since turning it back on. I tried to follow your Windows 10 stops (making sure I could view hidden files) but there is no "AVP21.3" folder in my Kas Lab folder, the only folders I have are Kaspersky Total Security 21.3, Kaspersky Secure Connection 2.0 and Kaspersky Password Manager 9.0.2.

Hello @SPKevin, Welcome.

Unfortunately, I can not say whether the proposed action solves your problem.

But I can see from your post that you are probably looking in the wrong folder. The directories you specify are in the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab'. However, the required directory is located in 'C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3'. Can you please check again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Ty, both my Discord and Steam back to normal after that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fix worked last year when I had this issue but now I cannot find the "Report" folder.

The path looks like this for me: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3"

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Thanks Igor and others for the solution. Microsoft Whiteboard also stopped working in June around the same time as a Microsoft update as well as Microsoft Store. Discord followed shortly thereafter. Microsoft Store I was able to restore by reinstalling but the other two apps are still non-functional. Unfortunately I forgot my Kaspersky Admin password so this fix is going to require a safe mode reboot and reinstall of Kaspersky. It would be ideal if Kaspersky had a fix for this which did not require modifying its program folder manually.

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Thank you for this!

Fixed my issue with Discord as well as two other programs that had not been working and perplexing me for the past 2 weeks!

On 10/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Thilak

Try this: 

4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

Encountered this issue with Discord and stumbled on this thread from googling around. Can confirm this fixed the issue for me, Discord now loads once again. Thanks!

I just updated to Windows 11 so I wasn't sure if this issue started occurring before or after I updated to Windows 11.