Devices blocked even though Device Control is disabled

Go to solution Solved by JL - KL DACH,

I'm using KES Cloud 12.2.0.462 under Win10 Pro. Windows is fully-updated to the latest version (22H2 19045.3930). The cloud Security Profile has Device Control turned Off (i'm mentioning it because i'm guessing it should play a positive role in the problem i'm facing, without being sure of course). I own a Lenovo laptop but the problem i'm describing also occurred in my previous laptop (Dell).

I'm executing Skype (the Desktop version, not the App). When i go to Settings/Audio&Video, i see that the camera and microphone are not working (the camera led is turned on but the display shows a black screen and the microphone does not respond to voice). In the Windows Settings application, both Camera and Microphone are allowed for Desktop Apps and Camera and Microphone Access is On.

As soon as i disable KES (Exit from the tray icon context menu) and go to Skype settings again, everything is working fine. What part of the security policy may be causing this?

Please note, this issue does not exist in the App version of Skype. Only the Desktop version if affected, and it's not the only app. Viber is also affected and i think Zoiper too.

Edited by inv15

• Solution

Hello inv15,
this looks like a problem of Host Intrusion Detection. If enabled disable it and check if the problem still happen.
If not add Skype to your Scan Exclusion in your Security Profile in Advanced settings Threat detection and exclusions

Thank you in advance

Best Regards