Device tab on My Kaspersky Devices tab, Last connected? - confusing information, [Solved] [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I currently have KIS running on 3 computers. All 3 are running 19.0.0.1088(f) with up to date (within a day) databases. In the Devices tab on my My Kaspersky page, one of the devices shows last connection today, one shows the last connection in 2018, and one shows 2016. The one showing a 2018 connection knows the computer is running KIS 2019. The one showing a 2016 connection thinks the computer is still running KIS 2016. What is the "connection" referred to? I just connected to My Kaspersky from the (supposedly) back-level computer, and that computer connects with some Kaspersky server daily to get database updates. There is a "Disconnect" function on the My Kaspersky Devices page but gives a warning that the action is irreversible so I haven't tried it. I'm not sure what value there is in being connected - especially if the connection is somehow years old - but I'm reluctant to disconnect before knowing what this will do. BTW, I have not been able to reply to a previous thread I started so don't know if I'll be able to reply on this thread. Be assured I will read every reply I get even if I cannot reply.

• Solution
Hello Patrick O'Keefe, Welcome!
  1. Were the devices (showing incorrect info) connected to MyKaspersky account by selecting MyKaspersky from the KIS application?
  1. The "Disconnect" function allows for syncing b/w the device and the MyK portal.
The "irrevisible" msg is badly worded, the function restores when the device is rebooted and the connection re-established, use the KIS "MyKaspersky" application, to connect to the portal & sync the devices.
  1. You can reply to your posts whenever you're ready, we never stop anyone (unless of course they've breached Community guidelines). You're always welcome:slight_smile:!
Thanks!

Interesting. For the device that was showing last connection in 2016, I did a "Disconnect". That computer's icon briefly disappeared and was almost immediately replaced with a new icon showing a last connected date of yesterday. I guess I have to manually get rid of old records to make way for the new ones. I've disconnected the other back-dated computer but now need to bring up My Kaspersky from it to reconnect. Thank you for your help. And regarding replies, I sent an inquiry on Kaspersky's "Need help with this website?" forum. I was told that there is a problem with their editor that makes the Reply button disappear with some browsers at some screen scaling. I changed the scaling and suddenly I have a Reply button.

Hello Patrick O'Keefe, You''re very welcome, we're glad it's solved. AND - thank you for posting: "re: "replies",(Kaspersky advise) there is a problem with their editor that makes the Reply button disappear with some browsers at some screen scaling" Changing the scaling resolves the issue - the Reply button "becomes" available. This is very useful information and will help others. Much appreciated! Best regards!