"Dear Talktalk user, Congratulations you are one of a 100 users....

wgcuser

......... to win an Samsung Galaxy S10"

Just give us your  credit card details to cover the postage.

So -  https://thepurposeful.us/make/uk    said.

I should have smelt a scam when this pop up message appeared on my Android phone -  but I fell for it!  :disappointed_face:

But hey, where was the Talktalk Home Safe protection that's part of my subscription or Kaspersky Internet Security - not a peep from either?

Credit card now being replaced.

Or was it genuine??

......... to win an Samsung Galaxy S10", Just give us your  credit card details to cover the postage.

So -  https://thepurposeful.us/make/uk    said. 

1. But hey, where was the Talktalk Home Safe protection that's part of my subscription or Kaspersky Internet Security - not a peep from either? 
  2. Credit card now being replaced. Or was it genuine??

Hello @wgcuser

Welcome again! 

1. Was it a text message/sms or a push message? 
  2. Very much doubt there’s anything genuine about thepurposeful.us, check whois lookup → did you actually enter your credit card details? 
  3. Re “where was the Talktalk Home Safe protection that's part of my subscription”, please provide more information, as far as we’re aware Talktalk Home Safe protection is not combined with KIS🤔 ?
  4. Recommended, if there’s a phone number associated with the pop up message use: TalkTalk, Report a scam & or, contact their Technical Support & post the information in their Community. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Thanks for your comments.

1. Think this was a push message.
  2. I’ve requested a new card and numbers !
  3.  I’m aware that KIS and Home Safe are separate systems - but neither seemed to block or alert the user to the possible fraudulent nature of the message.
  4. I have made a posting on the Talktalk Community site.

BR & Happy Christmas to you & Mrs Flood!  Stay Safe in 2021

1. Think this was a push message.

Hello @wgcuser

You’re most welcome, thank you for the kind wishes🤗 , we return the same to you & your family!

Thank you for posting to TalkTalk Community, that may help someone else👏

If you still have the message, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template, include a detailed history, images & or video if relevant; the URL for this Community topic, Support may request a Traces & other data & ask Kaspersky Technical experts if KIS does manage push messages as well as SMS/text

1. After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏