Deacitvate Incompatible Programs/Software Hint [MERGED]

Hi,

i have KIS and Malwarebytes installed. I know its not recommaned to install more than one security solution but im not here to discus that.

KIS recently displayed a hint that Malwarebytes is incompatible and should be deinstalled. The hint is also displayed in the main window of KIS. There is no option to hide it unlike for example with the installation of password manager.

It bothers me. Is there any way to hide this info or to disable the automatic search for incompatible programs in KIS? I couldnt find anything.

Best regards.

Hi, i have KIS and Malwarebytes installed. I know its not recommaned to install more than one security solution but im not here to discus that. KIS recently displayed a hint that Malwarebytes is incompatible and should be deinstalled. The hint is also displayed in the main window of KIS. There is no option to hide it unlike for example with the installation of password manager. It bothers me. Is there any way to hide this info or to disable the automatic search for incompatible programs in KIS? I couldnt find anything. Best regards.

Hello @CronoK

Welcome back!

Read related topic: Why is KTS 21 suddenly seeing MBAM as incompatible software (3x - 4x) - no reinstall of KTS? raised by @BCKasman

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Is there any way to hide this info or to disable the automatic search for incompatible programs in KIS? I couldnt find anything.

I’m also looking for a way to disable this info. Only today did KIS inform me that my update checker (SUMo) was incompatible with KIS. How can I hide or disable such nag screens?

KIS has recently started reading SUMo (software update checker) as incompatible. SUMo only scans and reports on software versions/potential updates when run (not automatically), it does not appear to conflict with KIS or cause any sort of issue with both installed - and it does a MUCH better job than the KIS update checker which doesn’t pick up 1/10th of the available updates SUMo does.

Why is it reporting incompatible? Is it just because it’s a competing product?

Is there any way to hide this info or to disable the automatic search for incompatible programs in KIS? I couldnt find anything.

I’m also looking for a way to disable this info. Only today did KIS inform me that my update checker (SUMo) was incompatible with KIS. How can I hide or disable such nag screens?

Having the exact same issue. SUMo doesn’t cause any sort of problem, this hint is useless.

Hello support. Any timeline for a fix ?

Hello @Kyle_Katarn

Welcome!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry, it’s a long lasting bug, reported here many times without feedback nor fixes from Kaspersky tech team. Now some SUMo users are progressively uninstalling Kaspersky product because of this.

Would it be possible to get someone from Kaspersky Tech support to look into this ? Problem is on their side, not mine...

1. Would it be possible to get someone from Kaspersky Tech support to look into this ?
  2. Problem is on their side, not mine...

Hello @Kyle_Katarn

Thank you for posting back. 

1. Unfortunately, for the issue to be investigated by the Kaspersky Technical experts, it’s necessary to raise a case; you may choose to do so, or wait for someone else to do so.
  2. ATM, Kaspersky have listed the software as incompatible, clearly they have reasons for doing so, the Kaspersky Community cannot explain why that is, the Kaspersky experts can → fill in Application malfunction, Incompatibility with third party software template:

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry, it’s a long lasting bug, reported here many times without feedback nor fixes from Kaspersky tech team. Now some SUMo users are progressively uninstalling Kaspersky product because of this.

Yes, it’s true. This issue has been reported to KL Tech Support many times. Unfortunately, it has not been fixed yet. There is really no point in creating yet another request because this issue is well known to KL. They just need to fix it.

And yes, it is also true that some Kaspersky users are progressively uninstalling their Kaspersky products because of this annoying “feature”. I am one of them who is toying with the idea of uninstalling KIS. So please, don’t let this happen and provide a fix asap. Thank you.

Yes, it’s true. This issue has been reported to KL Tech Support many times.

Hello @Buddel

Welcome!

• When you’ve logged the issue with Kaspersky have you been provided with an incident case number?  

I have logged this issue with KL more than once. I always received some kind of a standard reply that did not address this issue at all.

They did acknowledge that KC Softwares SUMo is regarded as incompatible with KL products, but they did not say - and did not even seem to know - why. On the one hand, they said that this “incompatible” app needed to be uninstalled in order to avoid conflicts. On the other hand, however, they refused to tell me how an update checker can be incompatible with an anti-malware app. Unless they fix this issue asap, I will definitely leave Kaspersky. They are fully aware of this issue, so they shouldn’t ask users again and again to report something that has long been well known to KL.

I have logged this issue with KL more than once. I always received some kind of a standard reply that did not address this issue at all.

Hello @Buddel

Thank you for posting back!

Sharing an INC #, gives the Kaspersky expert team the opportunity to review the history, they may then contribute to the topic, although we note, Kaspersky experts have already contributed & made requests for information, which was not forthcoming. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sharing an INC #, gives the Kaspersky expert team the opportunity to review the history, they may then contribute to the topic, although we note, Kaspersky experts have already contributed & made requests for information, which was not forthcoming. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Not true. KL experts have been provided with all the information that is necessary to fix this issue (including plenty of screenshots taken from a variety of Kaspersky products that are affected by this oddity). It is now Kaspersky’s job to fix this issue once and for all.

Not true. KL experts have been provided with all the information that is necessary to fix this issue.

Hello @Buddel

Thank you for posting back. 

Here, in the Community, Kaspersky experts requested information that was not forthcoming. 

What you’ve logged/shared with Kaspersky is known to you. 

No-one from the Kaspersky expert team is going to look thru thousands of incidents for a user name Buddel → incidents are managed via INC #s, not user names. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Not true. KL experts have been provided with all the information that is necessary to fix this issue.

Hello @Buddel

Here, in the Community, Kaspersky experts requested information that was not forthcoming. 

Again, not true. Kaspersky experts, if there were any, did get all the information they requested, again and again. What’s more, users have also requested information from KL, and that was definitely not provided. KL have neither fixed the problem nor did they explain why they deem SUMo incompatible with KL products. Users have done their jobs; now it’s time for KL to get their job properly done. 

I give you a magic information. I think you should know what you need to do…… You need to use your brain to solve the problem. Solve the problem in a curve way.

I would also give you some “magic information”. We are talking about “Deactivate Incompatible Programs/Software Hint” in this thread. You need to use your eyes to read this thread before replying. Thank you.

Hi. I also reported SUMO as wrongly identified as incompatible with Kaspersky.
I reported it to support. They’ve sent it to experts in HQ and they replied that "...the applications MAY not work properly and and operating system errors MAY occur. We RECOMMEND removing these applications..."

I’ve never seen any incompatibility between those two software and technically don’t expect to see any either (SUMO doesn’t run anything in background, no services, no drivers, no auto- update, even no elevated rights to run). It’s actually one of last software on my system for which I expect incompatibility with any AV.

If Kaspersky says that programs are indeed incompatible and explain why ( saying what in SUMo is problematic), I will have to remove one of them. Unfortunately it will have to be Kaspersky.

My support ticket number was INC000012627012 if it helps anything.

Thanks.

I give you a magic information. I think you should know what you need to do…… You need to use your brain to solve the problem. Solve the problem in a curve way.

I would also give you some “magic information”. We are talking about “Deactivate Incompatible Programs/Software Hint” in this thread. You need to use your eyes to read this thread before replying. Thank you.

Hello,

I understand very well what this topic discusses. I provide a hint method to solve the  “Deactivate Incompatible Programs/Software Hint ”by handle detection rule for it. I tell you the detection rule for “incompatible Programs/Software Hint” related to Malwarebytes. As for the method to bypass the detection, I will not explain the method here. Those who understand will naturally already know how to do it. You don't understand what I mean, that's your problem. Not me.

Regards.

Hello,

As for the method to bypass the detection, I will not explain the method here. Those who understand will naturally already know how to do it. You don't understand what I mean, that's your problem. Not me.

I am familiar with the method to bypass this senseless detection, and I do know what you’re talking about, but this is not the point here. And no, it is definitely not my problem. I only ask KL to do two things:

(1) Enable users to hide/deactivate such hints.

(2) Remove the software updater SUMo from the list of incompatible programs.

Anyway, now I know it’s pointless to discuss this matter here. I have opened another support ticket, hoping that KL can do something about it. If not, well, either SUMo or KIS will have to be removed from my computer due to the alledged compatibility issue. And I already know that SUMo will definitely not be the program to be removed.

Hello,

As for the method to bypass the detection, I will not explain the method here. Those who understand will naturally already know how to do it. You don't understand what I mean, that's your problem. Not me.

I am familiar with the method to bypass this senseless detection, and I do know what you’re talking about, but this is not the point here. And no, it is definitely not my problem. I only ask KL to do two things:

(1) Enable users to hide/deactivate such hints.

(2) Remove the software updater SUMo from the list of incompatible programs.

Anyway, now I know it’s pointless to discuss this matter here. I have opened another support ticket, hoping that KL can do something about it. If not, well, either SUMo or KIS will have to be removed from my computer due to the alledged compatibility issue. And I already know that SUMo will definitely not be the program to be removed.

Hello,

I think this magic information will suitable for you. One to delete, one to change value If you want to clear some place. I personally think sumo is not a related to Ring0 level application. This program doesn't have a driver file. But The reason for KL listing in the Incompatible Software list is that it may take effect with software updater function. It is only my personally idea.

Regards.