Data not available

Jazzy

I recently installed safekids app on my children’s laptops and it was fine for two days but now it is saying ‘no data available’ for their devices. Anyone know why this is? Is there a setting I/ they have changed unknowingly? 

Hello @Jazzy,

Welcome!

Also, please tell us:

1. Laptop(s) operating system name, version & build
  2. KSK version on each device? 
  3. May we have an image of the ‘no data available’ message please?
  4. How is Device Use configured: 1.  Statistics → 2. Warning → 3. Block ?
  5. Are the devices actually synced with the MyKaspersky account?
  6. Is KSK licensed? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

So one of the laptops is now showing the data but the other is still missing. 

1. Laptop(s) operating system nameversion & build? Laptops use windows 10 version 1809 (I think)
  2. KSK version on each device? Premium. I’m not sure you mean by ‘version’. I downloaded it only 4 days ago following the link sent with my activation code. 
  3. May we have an image of the ‘no data available’message please? See above
  4. How is Device Use configured: 1.  Statistics → 2. Warning → 3. Block ? The device is configured to block 
  5. Are the devices actually synced with the MyKaspersky account? I think so… I set them up using my Kaspersky account and all the data was available  for the first few days 
  6. Is KSK licensed? Yes

Hello @Jazzy,

Thank you for the information & the images👌

• 1 For KSK version, hover the mouse over the KSK icon on the Windows Taskbar, the small popup shows the version?
  • 2 So, the existing problem is: for Desktop QPTRIM8 there is “No information on device use/no data available “ for Wednesday 17/06/2020 (image1) - despite the fact the device has been used - is that correct? 
  • 3 May we have the KSK 7 day, Summary Report (image2), please 📎 attach to your reply? 
  • 4 Has Desktop QPTRIM8 been shutdown/powered off, using Shutdown, not Restart, in the last 24hrs? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

It seems to update eventually but is very slow. App version is 1.0.5.6123(e) 

the bigger issue is the laptops go black every time the kids login and the only way around it is to sign out and back in again which takes over 5 minutes. This is not practical when they are at school 

Hi @Jazzy

Regarding the black screen after first login. It looks like a known issue, fix is expected. 

Try this workaround:

1. Press ALT+CTL+DEL combination.
2. Open Task Manager - File - Run new task.
3. Type Explorer.exe and click OK.
Regards,

Igor

• 2 months later...

I recently installed safekids app on my children’s desktop and it was fine for two days but now it is saying ‘no data available’ for his device. Anyone know why this is? Is there a setting I/ they have changed unknowingly? Device is PC with windows 10 and KSK is brand new version. 

Kind regards,

Ales

Having the same issue it works fine for couple of hours and then it goes offline and doesn’t track data.  The app is still there but the only way to get it back is restart the machine and then it goes out again shortly there after.

Hello @Ales &  @kgregg

Welcome!

“no data available / offline” indicates synchronisation / connectivity issues.

Please do the following:

1 Confirm KSK is latest version and patch 1.0.5.6390(f)?

2 Run Windows Network troubleshooter?

3 Confirm all Window updates have successfully applied status?

4 Clear & reset all Supported browsers

5 If AV software is installed, check the Reports, to see if there’s any entries that match the offline/no data time frames, if yes”, investigate based on what the AV is reporting? 

6 Power PC down, using Shutdown, not Restart, make sure PC is OFF. 

7 Make sure you have the Router password, then, reset Router by physically disconnecting Router from device, power Router OFF & leave OFF.

8 Power PC ON, login. 

9 Physically connect Router to device, power Router ON, ensure network connectivity. 

🔟 Run Windows in SafeMode:

11 Delete all files in: 

C:\Windows\Temp

C:\Users\YOURNAME-YOURCHILDSNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

12 Return to Normal mode, monitor  “no data available / offline” issue, if it persists please let us know, include the following information:

1. Images of  “no data available / offline” ?
  2. Windows Operating system version & build?
  3. KSK version? 
  4. KSK Free or Subscription? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 5 months later...

This seems to be a persistent problem with one of my kids PC. Is there a bug with the program?

Hello @gfmarsh

May we know please:

1. Which KSK version & patch(x)? On the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  2. How long has the issue been happening with the one PC? 
  3. Has KSK been clean installed? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @gfmarsh

Thanks for posting back👌

How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application

Just as information, in the English section of the Community, since the release of patch(g) there’s been 9 reports from other parents & more in the foreign language sections, about the same issue.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue, the app reports quite well the mobile phone data, but on the laptop there is no data in the past 30 days.

happened before, recovered by itself after a few days, but since 27 april there is no more data from the laptop.

What solution do you propose?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Alexandru Lata said:

I have the same issue, the app reports quite well the mobile phone data, but on the laptop, there is no data in the past 30 days; happened before, recovered by itself after a few days, but since 27 April there is no more data from the laptop.

Hello @Alexandru Lata
Welcome!

1. What changed on the 27th of April? 
  2. Which OS version & build is installed on the child's computer, refer: How to find the OS version & build? 
  3. Which OS version & build is installed on (your) computer, refer: How to find the OS version & build?
  4. Are both computers showing the most recent MS patches have been Successfully applied
  5. Which KSK version is installed on the child's computer -> on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right click the KSK icon, select About
  6. Which KSK version is installed on (your) computer -> on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right click the KSK icon, select About
  7. Is there *ANY* AV software installed, on both computers? IF 'yes', please provide name & version
  8. BEFORE (you) start - make sure *ALL* other processes, applications, browsers etc are NOT active -> then do the following: on the child's computer ->uninstall KSK, follow carefully -> Uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kids -> after step 8 in the documented Uninstall process, after the computer has rebooted, manually shutdown the computer *again* using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login.
  9. Download a new KSK exe: https://support.kaspersky.com/dl_safekids
  10. Install KSK, follow carefully: Install Kaspersky Safe Kids.
  11. At the completion of the install, check the Set-up Kaspersky Safe Kids carefully? 
  12. Monitor the "no data in KSK reports" issue, IF the issue persists, follow the Uninstall & Install steps for your computer, again monitor the outcome; if the issue persists & IF KSK is Premium, not Free OR Trial, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Alexandru Lata said:

I have uninstalled the app in my daughter's PC last week and reinstalled it. It showed data for 5 days and since yesterday again no data.

Hello @Alexandru Lata

Thank you for posting back!

IF the issue resolved & then re-appeared & you've *CLEAN* installed KSK on both your computer & your daughter's computer -> log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

• 3 months later...

OK I have had the same issue multiple time on my child's PC I believe he has found a way to get around the app. His PC does not respond to any of the restrictions we have in place. Is this a glitch in the programing or has he found a way around it?