CSGO blocking antimalware_provider.dll (KIS file)

Sib3riX
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Hello,

Kaspersky antimalware_provider.dll is blocked by CSGO Trusted mode. Valve/Steam is blocking this file. If someone from Kaspersky can fix this it would be awesome. 

My KIS ver: 21.1.15.500 (c)

This pop up in csgo console

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8835-KLXV-0292&l=english

From Steam: 

For developers of third-party programs that interact directly with the CS:GO executable process, we have added requirements that will impact your software. Moving forward, all DLLs that interact with CS:GO will need to be digitally signed with an Authenticode signature. Additionally, we will block signed DLLs if their functionality interferes with the game in any way."

Hello @Sib3riX

Welcome back!

1. Does the problem also happen with KIS v21.2 
  2. Check the file at Kaspersky’s open threat portal ?
  3. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template below; include a detailed history, images & or video if relevant; the URL for this Community topic, Support may request a Traces & other data

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Reporting back here

Tested csgo with both KIS 21.1 and 21.2 versions they are both blocked. Then i opened ticket with steam support this is what they said. I dont know how to stop Kaspersky interfering with CSGO. I dont want to exit KIS when im playing a game. Is there any solution to this?

If you are having issues playing CS:GO in Trusted Mode we recommend following instructions in-game and selecting 'RESTART TRUSTED'—this will block incompatible software and allow you to play on VAC-secured servers without impacting your Trust score. We have no way of whitelisting software so it can run alongside CS:GO in Trusted Mode, and any software interfering with CS:GO will be blocked when clicking 'RESTART TRUSTED'.

If you would like to play CS:GO with software that is blocked in Trusted Mode you may do so by adding "-allow_third_party_software" as a launch option. Please note, when using this launch option your Trust Factor score may be negatively impacted and your match quality may suffer as long as the launch option is present.

If any third party software is required to play a non-official game mode, you will need to start CS:GO in insecure mode by adding the launch option "-insecure". When launching CS:GO using -insecure you will not be allowed to play on VAC-secured servers.

Additional information can be found in our Trusted Mode help article. This article contains all the information we have and provide at Steam Support regarding Trusted Mode, including information on potential crashes and performance issues caused by Trusted Mode.

Because we do not have additional information to provide I am closing this help request. If you have an unrelated issue feel free to open a new help request.

Unusual Support Member
Leo

Steam support

Hi @Sib3riX , 

Did you try this workaround from Steam support?

we recommend following instructions in-game and selecting 'RESTART TRUSTED'—this will block incompatible software and allow you to play on VAC-secured servers without impacting your Trust score.

Please submit a ticket to Kaspersky technical support and the send me the incident number.

Regards,

Igor

Hi @Sib3riX , 

Did you try this workaround from Steam support?

we recommend following instructions in-game and selecting 'RESTART TRUSTED'—this will block incompatible software and allow you to play on VAC-secured servers without impacting your Trust score.

Please submit a ticket to Kaspersky technical support and the send me the incident number.

Regards,

Igor

Yes this force trusted mode in CSGO but then kaspersky is slugish and buggy. Only way for me is to exit Kaspersky before playing CSGO. This never happend before. Seems that STEAM/Valve is blocking Kaspersky to interact with CSGO. There should be a way to fix this. Im not only one with this problem. Also this problem happend in June 2020 and Kaspersky fixed it. I hope it will be fixed again.

Edit: Created ticket (Request number): INC000012204858

Reporting back here: Tested csgo with both KIS 21.1 and 21.2 versions they are both blocked.

Hello @Sib3riX

Thank you for updating us👌

• Have you also logged the issue with Kaspersky? If “yes”, what is their advice? 

Please inform us? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

I didnt create ticket. I tried to contact Steam support first and game developers but they “blame” Kaspersky Internet Security for this. Now i will need to contact Kaspersky or maybe KIS agent can fix it without ticket (here on forum).

This is my ticket: INC000012204858

I already spoke with KIS agent but the give solutions i already tried :(

Hello @Sib3riX

Thank you for the update👌

1. Surely, if the solutions are not working, TS are still contributing to finding a resolution? 
  2. Did you have feedback from @Igor Kurzin ?

Please inform us? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Sib3riX , 

We got your incident, on it. Sorry for a delay. 

Regards,

Igor

Just to update. I manage to fix it. Completely uninstall KIS 21.2 then install it again (downloaded KIS uninstaller). 

Upgrading manually from 21.1 to 21.2 didnt work. Only way is to uninstall and install again. Thank you for helping. 

Cheers!