CPU Usage unusually high since Kaspersky 2021 update

Go to solution Solved by Anton Mefodys,

Hello @Michael912873,

Also:

Patch release notes

• Specific to patch (b) only:

Kaspersky Technical experts (Russia), have advised: 

qte

Patch B is an extra patch; it fixes only one bug { Elements not visible in customer's GUI }" 

endqte

• Kaspersky does publish emergency patches & additional fix patches, outside of the normal & or anticipated patch cycle; patch(b) is once such patch

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I still have the bug on Kaspersky Security Cloud 21.1.15.500(b) and Windows 10 x64 2004

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @leoarriagada

Welcome!
Yes, that would be because patch b did not have any fix in it related to “high cpu”. 

Please do as @Anton Mefodys has advised, create a request to Tech Support, fill in the request template with your specific operating system & Kaspersky product information and as much detail and facts as possible: when high cpu started, what you’ve done to fix it, the more information you provide the more it will help the technical team help you; include a GSI & Windows logs, support will require traces, they will give you a special procedure to collect the data

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

• Post the incident request reference number here in this topic? 

Share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @AHMED HAGAG,

Welcome!

If your Kaspersky software is licensed/subscription, please do as @Anton Mefodys has advised, create a request to Tech Support, fill in the request template with your specific operating system & Kaspersky product information and as much detail and facts as possible: when high cpu started, what you’ve done to fix it, the more information you provide the more it will help the technical team help you; include a GSI & Windows logs, support will require traces, they will give you a special procedure to collect the data

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

• Pm the incident reference # to @Igor Kurzin & post the same incident reference # here in this topic? 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it’s available please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

FYI: @KennedyXP@Krister67@Tommy87@The Rest of It@Michael912873@leoarriagada@AHMED HAGAG

(as a test) installed Kaspersky Security Cloud Free: 21.1.15.500, 21.1.15.500a & 21.1.15.500b, CPU immediately increases, from running normally, after the change to the free software, machine sounds like a jet engine preparing for take off; cpu off the graph😠

Really hope the “known issue” is actually fixed in forthcoming patch c🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

For me the issue always starts after the system has been running for almost exactly 15 mins. I’ve been corresponding with support since my post here, and yesterday they said this:

Good news as our team have identified a bug that is expected to be fixed with the upcoming patch c of the 2021 application. It's not 100% confirmed yet, but seems like it will be started publishing next week, so it should become available to all our customer base, within the next 2-3 weeks.

After contacting support I received the following response:

“Our Escalation Team have just replied to us with the latest update.

This is a known issue and it is expected to be fixed in the MR2 of Kaspersky Security Cloud 2021. The planned roll-out dates for the fix is expected to be around the end of October until the beginning of November.”

The same problem for me …. when nothing is running kasperksy free is takin 30+ %  

looking like is mining or what  …. i`m really angry and if this will not be solved i will remove it …. someone have any solution now ?  I`m not interested to contacting anyone i just want quick solution .,  This persist for month maybe more … and i did try everything i found on this forum …

The same problem for me …. when nothing is running kasperksy free is takin 30+ %  

looking like is mining or what  …. i`m really angry and if this will not be solved i will remove it …. someone have any solution now ?  I`m not interested to contacting anyone i just want quick solution .,  This persist for month maybe more … and i did try everything i found on this forum …

I think that Kaspersky security cloud is mining when idle. I’m impressed nobody is freaking out about this.

FYI: @KennedyXP@Krister67@Tommy87@The Rest of It@Michael912873@leoarriagada@AHMED HAGAG

(as a test) installed Kaspersky Security Cloud Free: 21.1.15.500, 21.1.15.500a & 21.1.15.500b, CPU immediately increases, from running normally, after the change to the free software, machine sounds like a jet engine preparing for take off; cpu off the graph😠

Really hope the “known issue” is actually fixed in forthcoming patch c🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Yes, this issue is expected to be fixed with patch “c”, which is being rolled out currently and will be fully published by 8th of October. 

Regards,

Igor

actually i got help from Gionatan which send me this hint 

Have you tried doing a clean installation?
-1- Setting> Advanced> Self-Defense -> disable;
-2- Kaspersky program -> exit;
-3- uninstall Kaspersky Program;
-4- restart pc;
-5- use Kavremover tool (for each Kaspersky program installed even previously) (in case of paid key it must be returned because it is deleted);
-6- restart pc;
-7- install Kaspersky program;
-8- manual update;
-9- restart pc.
Now, how Kaspersky program works?

And this works for me . 

I am having this problem too, it’s extremely inconvenient. This can even hurt the machine…

I tried reinstalling Kaspersky Security Cloud Free multiple times, but this didn’t fix the issue. Also, now I can’t get past version “21.1.15.500”, previously I had “21.1.15.500 patch B”…

Please give us users of Kaspersky Security Cloud Free a download link for “21.1.15.500 patch C” that you say fix this issue. Thank you.

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome!

1. Patch C has been released, it’s being progressively rolled out, according to @Igor Kurzin, the distribution will complete by 8th October 2020, see @Anthony813’s topic: Why does Kasperky anti-virus use 35% of my CPU in the background?
  2. To apply patches it’s necessary to shutdown & restart the computer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 &🐋

Hello @givemeatip

Welcome!

1. Patch C has been released, it’s being progressively rolled out, according to @Igor Kurzin, the distribution will complete by 8th October 2020, see @Anthony813’s topic: Why does Kasperky anti-virus use 35% of my CPU in the background?
  2. To apply patches it’s necessary to shutdown & restart the computer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 &🐋

Hello! Well, it may have been released (just like patch A or B in the past) but no patches get installed here when I check for updates on my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free now. None at all. And previously, before trying to reinstall it, I had patch B installed.

No questions at all about rebooting. No information that a patch was installed. I simply had to disable and exit my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free to free my system from the constant usage of CPU and now I need to know when the patch will be provided so that I can enable it again and install the patch. Is the date October, 8? How can we make sure to install it when the update process doesn’t seem to be working to install patches? Can’t you update the installer?

Hello @givemeatip

You’re welcome!

• Kaspersky distributes patches “silently”, they keep it a secret, they don’t tell, they wait for us to reboot our machines, they have an expectation that we will reboot our machines at some stage within a 168hr timeframe - from when the silent patch arrives, IF, we do not reboot our machines within 168hrs from when the silent patch arrives, the Kaspersky icon on the Windows Taskbar will change to RED, the Kaspersky GUI will show a Notification of a recommendation in the Notification center & in the MyKaspersky account there will be colour changes in the device icons & notifications in the Notification center.
  • Staggered distributions mean, the patch start date is x,  the rollout begins & proceeds across the globe until the end date is reached.
  • A patch may arrive at any time after the start date, up until the end of the rollout. 
  • @Igor Kurzin advised the end date for patch C distribution is 8th October 2020. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @givemeatip

You’re welcome!

• Kaspersky distributes patches “silently”, they keep it a secret, they don’t tell, they wait for us to reboot our machines, they have an expectation that we will reboot our machines at some stage within a 168hr timeframe - from when the silent patch arrives, IF, we do not reboot our machines within 168hrs from when the silent patch arrives, the Kaspersky icon on the Windows Taskbar will change to RED, the Kaspersky GUI will show a Notification of a recommendation in the Notification center & in the MyKaspersky account there will be colour changes in the device icons & notifications in the Notification center.
  • Staggered distributions mean, the patch start date is x,  the rollout begins & proceeds across the globe until the end date is reached.
  • A patch may arrive at any time after the start date, up until the end of the rollout. 
  • @Igor Kurzin advised the end date for patch C distribution is 8th October 2020. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Okay, I rebooted the machine and it now says my Kaspersky Security Cloud Free has patch B. Unfortunately, still no patch C here.

Question: I use the “Global” version, but there is also a “Brazil” version, are both going to get these upgrades at the same time? Is there any advantage in using the “Brazil” version?

Hello @givemeatip,

You’re welcome!

• Patch C distribution began on the 29th of October 2020 & completed on the 8th of October 2020. 
  1. If you still do not have patch C, please post back?
  2. If you have patch C & the high CPU issue persists, please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

Hello. Thank you very much, patch C is now installed here. I have been monitoring Task Manager now and then, Kaspersky seems to be behaving well now! No high CPU issues here for now.

Hello @givemeatip,

You’re welcome!

• Patch C distribution began on the 29th of October 2020 & completed on the 8th of October 2020. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

Hello. Thank you very much, patch C is now installed here. I have been monitoring Task Manager now and then, Kaspersky seems to be behaving well now! No high CPU issues here for now.

Same here! Patch C seemed to fix it! I’ll update this if the issue appears again.

Hello @givemeatip,

You’re welcome!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋

Same here! Patch C seemed to fix it! I’ll update this if the issue appears again.

Same here, thank you developers and support :)

I removed Kaspersky several weeks ago due to the CPU bug. I reinstalled today but find the version provided via download is the 21.1.15.500 (no “A”, “B”, or “C”).

What does one need to do in order to get the latest (“C”) version which reportedly resolves this major issue? I’ve tried the “Database Update” routine and advised everything is up to date.

Thanks.