CPU Usage unusually high since Kaspersky 2021 update

Go to solution Solved by Anton Mefodys,

Yesterday at night i updated kaspersky security cloud from 2020 version to 2021, and today when i turned on the computer since morning, kaspersky anti-virus keeps using 35 ~ 40% of cpu for a few minutes, which is also causing the CPU to get hotter than usual. After a few minutes, kaspersky stops using the CPU, and some minutes later, the same thing starts to happen again and it stays in this situtation over, and over again, as long as the computer is on. I tried to close almost all the programs, and also restart the computer and none of that solved the problem.

Here is a screenshot of the problem ocurring:

GSI Scan is attached to the topic. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome. While your GSI report is being reviewed: 

Please clean install the new version. Please uninstall KSC, restart the computer, do routine disk maintenance, such as defrag, disk clean up, etc, then download and install KSC 2021, restart, update databases, restart again. Any better after that? If still no go, please try with Malwarebytes configured on-demand only.

Welcome. While your GSI report is being reviewed: 

Please clean install the new version. Please uninstall KSC, restart the computer, do routine disk maintenance, such as defrag, disk clean up, etc, then download and install KSC 2021, restart, update databases, restart again. Any better after that? If still no go, please try with Malwarebytes configured on-demand only.

I did a clean installation, including defrag and disk cleaning, but the problem persists. Thanks for the attention.

You’re welcome. Please try with Malwarebytes not running in real time. If still no go, please try with Malwarebytes uninstalled. Any better? 

I tested with Malwarebytes uninstalled, i even used Malwarebytes Support Tool to do a clean uninstall of it, and the problem with Kaspersky unfortunately continued.

Hello @KennedyXP,

• Also, please copy the hosts file that’s currently configured, to the desktop, create a new, standard hosts file, follow Microsoft, how to reset the Hosts file back to the default documentation. 
  • After replacing the hosts file, shutdown the device using Shutdown, not Restart, power device on, login, recheck original issue🤔  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I removed the app and then reinstalled it and everything seemed fine until I decided to write this reply.

As soon as i hit the “Login in with your Kaspersky account” button the CPU load went up to 20% and then it stays there until I restart the computer.

Hello @Krister67,

Thank you for the update👌

• Does  “Login in with your Kaspersky account” → CPU load went up to 20% & remain” issue happen in every supported browser: Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge Chromium? IE? 
  • Does “CPU load went up to 20%” issue happen when accessing any other sites? 
  • Now that Kaspersky Security Cloud has been reinstalled, may we have a new GSI & Windows Logs please and, if you can, it would be great to have the data in English please, unfortunately Swedish is taking a long time to translate😥

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

This time the CPU load went up as soon as I visited this site, before the login, I am using Chrome.

I tried the same thing with Edge and had no problem with high CPU load.

I attach a new info file.

Unfortunately  it’s still in swedish, I dont want to mess with my windows settings.

Spoke to soon. 😟

Seems the problem has nothing to do with chrome what so ever.

I left my computer for 10 minutes and when I went back the “Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service 21.1” was using 20% of my CPU and wouldn’t stop until I rebooted.

It also happened when I manually scanned some files for virus.

I guess it’s time to go back to Windows Defender….

Hello @Krister67,

You’re welcome🙂 !

1. Export Chrome Bookmarks.
  2. Run Chrome Reset and clean up.
  3. Run Kaspersky Security Cloud Restore Settings. 
  4. Shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, start Kaspersky Security Cloud → recheck issue? 
  5. Export Kaspersky Security Cloud Detailed Report, select 24hrs, All events - save the report as a text file & attach to your reply? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I tried to do a new clean install and by accident choose the Security Cloud Personal trial version.

Now I can’t get back to the free version that I had earlier.

Can someone please explain how to get back to the free version.