C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\PATCH

Jopa66

OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1, Kaspersky Free v.21.6.7.351

Hello...

Browsing the file system, I've noticed this folder containing many other folders numbered sequentially since the day the app was installed. Presumably these are created when the program updates itself. My question is why do I have to keep all these old patches? At the moment there are 111 folders, each containing the exact same content with a couple files being newer each time. Disk space used is small - only 3 Mb, so that's not an issue. Explorer counts 777 files and 777 folders within the PATCH folder. I would like to delete these if not needed.

10 hours ago, Jopa66 said:
  1. Kaspersky Free v.21.6.7.351
  2. OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP-1.

Hello @Jopa66

Welcome back!

1. v.21.6.7.351, is not the latest version - may we know which region you're located in please? 
  2. When each patch is applied, is the machine being shut down, rebooted, to apply the patch, each time? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I am in Canada. (southern Ontario)

I usually reboot the computer each morning before Macrium does its daily backup. Then I get rid of temporary/junk files so they are not backed up. Only rarely has Kaspersky asked me to reboot. 

FYI when I was here yesterday and went to "My Kaspersky" page, I was prompted to install a trial version upgrade to Kaspersky Plus. I accepted the offer so now I have Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351. (no change in version number). The trial period is till Dec. 26. (early Christmas present I guess).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jopa66 said:

Canada|| Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351. Trial > Dec. 26.

Hello @Jopa66

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. The version is wrong, however, atm, there is no Kaspersky Free 21.8 available at Kaspersky Canada, so, please do not do anything at all, apart from enjoy Christmas. Do not delete or muck around with C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\PATCH or any other Kaspersky folders; we will update this topic in due course. 
  2. Since installing Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, and then powered on by pressing the power button? Yes or no? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

10 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Jopa66

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. The version is wrong, however, atm, there is no Kaspersky Free 21.8 available at Kaspersky Canada, so, please do not do anything at all, apart from enjoy Christmas. Do not delete or muck around with C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.6\Bases\PATCH or any other Kaspersky folders; we will update this topic in due course. 
  2. Since installing Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, and then powered on by pressing the power button? Yes or no? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

@Flood and Flood's wife

1. OK will leave as is.

2. Since installing Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, and then powered on by pressing the power button? NO - until just now before replying.

3. I now have a new, more serious problem. Will start a new topic here in Kaspersky Free forum but you can move to Kaspersky Plus if that is more appropriate.

Edited by Jopa66
better answer to question 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jopa66 said:

1. OK will leave as is.

2. Since installing Kaspersky Plus v.21.6.7.351, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, and then powered on by pressing the power button? NO - until just now before replying.

3. I now have a new, more serious problem. Will start a new topic here in Kaspersky Free forum but you can move to Kaspersky Plus if that is more appropriate.

Hello @Jopa66

Thank you for posting back & the update!

1. Good!
  2. Please get in the habit of doing weekly or fortnightly SHUTDOWN, not Restart, and then power on by pressing the power button; it refreshes the software & installs any silent patches / versions that may be waiting in the wings. 
  3. You have Kaspersky Plus, please raise the new topic in Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium section. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?