Converting KTS to the new Kaspersky Basic/Standard/Plus/Premium apps

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,

First of all, let me begin by saying that I really appreciate Kaspersky's efforts into not leaving out us customers who purchased licenses for the older apps. Kaspersky could've simply said something like:

"We'll continue providing support for you guys and offer all the necessary updates, as usual, until the end of your license term. But after that, you won't be able to renew your license since the older apps are getting phased out gradually. To migrate to the new apps, you will need to purchase a new and compatible license from here and onward."

Instead, they gave us the option to convert our current active licenses to the new apps, free of charge. Im really grateful that they decided to do this (was it out of the goodness of their hearts? Or maybe they just didn't want to lose money by abandoning the customers that keep renewing their licenses? Lol, who knows what their intent was and no one could blame them really since it's just business and we're still getting that bonus anyway).

But, a couple of things need to be clarified here about Kaspersky Total Security. I've been keeping an eye on the whole "upgrading/converting to the new apps" situation for a while now and im still confused since im a KTS user myself.

Let's start with the article "Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life", which says:

Demand a free upgrade!

The transition to the new product system will take place gradually. We’ll eventually stop selling the old solutions, although we’ll still support them for a while.

If you’re using the paid version of one of our home products, you can switch to the new system without spending a dime. For example, you can convert your current Kaspersky Internet Security license into a Kaspersky Standard subscription for free. The same way, you can easily convert Kaspersky Security Cloud into a Kaspersky Plus subscription.

Now let's go to the pinned thread, which says:

Q1. How are they compatible with old apps?

Kaspersky Anti-Virus    Kaspersky Basic
Kaspersky Internet Security    Kaspersky Standard
Kaspersky Security Cloud    Kaspersky Plus

Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards.

Q2. What about Kaspersky Total Security?

We are now working to ensure that your KTS license is compatible with the new version of our software. We plan to complete this work by the end of this year.

Everything is nice and clear, except a couple of issues/questions regarding KTS:

1- Any idea when they are going to allow KTS users to convert? I know that they said "at the end of the year", but that can mean anything from months/weeks/days to just hours (depending on when they said that).

2- Where does KTS fit in exactly? They didn't specify which new app KTS will be converted to, and honestly, that also looks like a last-minute decision. Their ultimate legacy app should be a priority and should be treated better than this. If they choose to convert KTS licenses to Kaspersky Standard (same as with KIS), then wouldn't that be unfair since us KTS owners paid more money for our licenses AND we'll be losing some features? This is pretty much a warning to all new buyers that they should just buy a KIS license at a cheaper price instead since the conversion to the new app will be the same.

3- I think KTS should be converted to Kaspersky Plus, not Standard, especially when Kaspersky Password Manager is not included/supported in the Standard app (as per the Comparison of subscription plans page). I literally just renewed my KTS license less than a week ago and I have been using KPM for more than a year now, I love it and I can't see myself living without it.

3- I've read recent posts in the forum that some people were able to:

- Use their KTS key on the new Kaspersky Premium, for free.

- Use their KTS key on the new Kaspersky Plus, for free.

My issue isn't really with "when can we convert?", because I can wait, but it's with "what new app will we be getting?". So, which will it be? I need my KPM! Im not going to be greedy and ask for Premium, and I would be really happy if we just get Plus especially when most its features (if not all) are already in KTS (and KSC feels like a Premium thing, but im no expert). But converting KTS to Standard is such a punch in the face.

A while back (sometime between Sep. and Oct.), I personally tested my KTS key on some of the newer apps (can't remember which), but the outcome was a disappointment because my key got rejected (maybe because they were still working the conversion back then?). Note: The newer apps weren't available in my Middle East region back then, but now it is available and has been available for days/weeks, but I don't have time to start deleting/installing/testing again for hours just so I can find out.

Edited by BlackEdition

• The title was changed to Converting KTS to the new Kaspersky Basic/Standard/Plus/Premium apps
  • Solution

Hello @BlackEdition,

Welcome!

Advice from Technical Support, dated: Tuesday, 6 December 2022 09:29

We are glad to inform you that KTS will automatically transform into Kaspersky Plus and KTS activation codes can be used to activate Kaspersky Plus, but it will not grant unlimited premium Kaspersky VPN.

end quote

Kaspersky Plus includes Premium KPM 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @BlackEdition,

Welcome!

Advice from Technical Support, dated: Tuesday, 6 December 2022 09:29

We are glad to inform you that KTS will automatically transform into Kaspersky Plus and KTS activation codes can be used to activate Kaspersky Plus, but it will not grant unlimited premium Kaspersky VPN.

end quote

Kaspersky Plus includes Premium KPM 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks! I don't really care about the VPN since it's not available in my country anyway.

Im excited to test out the new app soon and hopefully it'll accept my key.

Do you know when/if they are going to add Kaspersky Plus within the "compatible apps" for my license in My Kaspersky? It only says KP (for Android) at the moment:

image.thumb.png.d541b0e59f07f037d94eace238a4d4da.png

1 hour ago, BlackEdition said:
  1. I don't really care about the VPN since it's not available in my country anyway.
  2. Do you know when/if they are going to add Kaspersky Plus within the "compatible apps" for my license in My Kaspersky? It only says KP (for Android) at the moment, 
  3. I'm excited to test out the new app soon and hopefully it'll accept my key.

Hello @BlackEdition

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra question!

1. Kaspersky VPN - Locations, Middle East & Africa.
  2. Has (your) installed KTS software updated to patch(a), on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About? IF 'no', shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power in by pressing the power button, login, recheck? 
  3. Note, patches are applied when a computer is rebooted - if a computer is not rebooted the patch that arrived silently, sits waiting for 7 days, before any sign is shown that a patch has arrived, if the 7 days has expired, the Kaspersky icon will turn red, Notification will show in the KTS Notification center & there may be messages in the Windows & (your) MyKaspersky Notification centers - because you know a patch is on the way, you may wish to reboot every couple of days?
  4. The software is available, on the https://me-en.kaspersky.com/why-switch page, select the Check Your Eligibility link? 
  5. Patch updates, like version updates, are rolled out in staggered distributions, you may wish to log a case with support, on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Activation and license issues, Other, template; support will assist if they can. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

How to find the Kaspersky application name and version number?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 8:02 PM, EvilScorbunny said:

When you say KTS to you mean Total Security, right? I know that’s a probably a dumb question for me to ask. ?

I have been confused on this topic myself too on what it switched to.

Yes.

KTS = Kaspersky Total Security

KIS = Kaspersky Internet Security

KAV = Kaspersky Anti-Virus

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

Can I just check that this will work in UK too? My KTS licence is expiring in 10 days and already have new one for 2 years  bought on Amazon last year. If I install UK Kaspersky Plus will it accept UK KTS licence code and activate it for 2 years?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Kruk07 said:

Hello everyone,

Can I just check that this will work in UK too? My KTS licence is expiring in 10 days and already have new one for 2 years  bought on Amazon last year. If I install UK Kaspersky Plus will it accept UK KTS licence code and activate it for 2 years?

Thanks

You may need to activate your new license on KTS app first before using it on Plus.

I had this issue where I first used a new inactive KIS license on Standard and it refused activation, but then I went back to KIS and activated from there then tried it again on Standard and it finally accepted it.

Edited by BlackEdition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, that's what I planned to do.

Also I can see that on Amazon UK you can buy from Amazon (not 3rd party) Standard, Plus and Premium codes at a very low prices (definitely it is worth for 10 and more devices).

I'm intending to buy 2Y/20 Devices of Premium to be used in April 2025 (just to dodge any price increase). Does anyone know how long these codes are valid for? In other words what is the period by when I need to activate the product/use the code?

For KTS when you actually bought a box version there was a card with code on it and on the back was info that the code needs to be used by i.e. end of 2022. But there nothing like this on the Amazon website for the online codes.

@Kruk07

1 hour ago, Kruk07 said:

Does anyone know how long these codes are valid for?

“The validity period of the activation code is the period during which you can activate the application with this code. If an activation code has never been applied to a computer, it has an unlimited validity period, unless otherwise stated on the box or website when purchasing”

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kruk07 said:

Thanks, that's what I planned to do.

Also I can see that on Amazon UK you can buy from Amazon (not 3rd party) Standard, Plus and Premium codes at a very low prices (definitely it is worth for 10 and more devices).

I'm intending to buy 2Y/20 Devices of Premium to be used in April 2025 (just to dodge any price increase). Does anyone know how long these codes are valid for? In other words what is the period by when I need to activate the product/use the code?

For KTS when you actually bought a box version there was a card with code on it and on the back was info that the code needs to be used by i.e. end of 2022. But there nothing like this on the Amazon website for the online codes.

Wow, I just checked the prices on Amazon UK & US and the discount is incredible! Too bad I can't find the same sale in my country.

Does anyone know if that sale is provided by Kaspersky or Amazon themselves?