Context Menu, collapse or group?

new11
Go to solution Solved by Thoughts,

Hello all, 

Quick question, is there anyway at all collapse the kaspersky context menu items, either within the application settings, apart from the obvious solution of deleting the values within the Registry Shell? 
Many thanks in advance! 

Hello @new11,

Additional. 

• Curiosity question: why would you want tocollapse kaspersky context menu items”? 

Intrigued🤔

• Please share?
  • & a word of advice, any modifications to Kaspersky software, for example modifying the registry, may result in voiding the support contract a Kaspersky subscriber has with Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hope it’s OK to chip in on this. Context menus can get very long and Kaspersky on its own adds three items. I can’t speak for new11, but for myself it would be helpful if Reputation in KSN and Application Advisor could be hidden, leaving only Scan for viruses visible. An alternative would be to create a group, so Kaspersky Security Cloud >  was the only visible item, then moving right showed all available options.

Sorry for chipping in.

Sure, here is one by AxCrypt which makes 7 options accessible from a single context menu line. Right clicking a file or folder will show this.

A grouped context menu offers greater flexibility for the software, while markedly reducing context menu clutter for the user.

Hello @Berny , @FLOOD 

Thank you for your answers and clarification.

@Thoughts , I completely agree with you! My context menu is so long it goes past the height of my 15” screen, with its own set of scrolling arrows. There are so many third-party programs that have added their own context items. I think you sum it up perfectly, a group would be perfect in tackling this issue.

In addition to this, having the ability to choose context menu values to add. For example, a user could choose to “add or not add” the “File Shredder” (A fantastic underutilized tool that I would really love to use more, but find there too many steps involved to simply access it) 

Hello @new11,

Thank you for posting back👌

When you submit the I have a suggestion request (see template below), add all the reasons why and images

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Post the INC reference number here in this topic please? 
  • When & if the change has been implemented, please share the information with the Community?
  • Note1: product development changes and additions are assessed against many benchmarks, the processes may take time, sometimes a long time & not all requests are facilitated. 
  • Note2: there are some very good tools available to manage Windows context menus

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳