Connecting through different country.

I’m in Australia, and sometimes when I connect my secure connection, it connects through a totally different country. Today it’s Germany. Then when I try to log into some sites, it’s the German site, and I don’t read German! There is no option to connect through Australia, so what can I do?

Bear in mind, I am NOT technically savvy at all.

Thank you.

Hello @Chequers,

Welcome!

Do not worry about not being “techie🤓 “, we’ll keep it as pain free as possible☺

1. Is the Kaspersky Secure Connection the version that comes pre-installed with Kaspersky Total Security, i.e. the free version, or has a (separate) license been purchased for Kaspersky Secure Connection? 
  2. If it’s the free version, there are 18 remote virtual locations, all automatically selected by the Kaspersky Secure Connection application.
  3. Both licensed & free Kaspersky Secure Connection use the same 18 remote virtual locations, the difference being, the licensed Kaspersky Secure Connection can manually choose the remote virtual location. 
  4. There is no remote virtual location based in Australia.
  5. The free Kaspersky Secure Connection has gold crowns to the right of all remote virtual locations & a GET MORE banner at the bottom of the Kaspersky Secure Connection main window

Please let me know so we can assist?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

I suspect the connection is the free one, provided with Kaspersky Total Security.

You’re right, there is no connection via Australia. So how can I connect to some sites, which keep showing up in German, or saying I can’t purchase from them, because they don’t ship to Germany?

Hello @Chequers

Thank you for replying👌

• I added an image to my previous reply, you were too quick for me😉
  • Regarding “how can I connect to some sites, which keep showing up in German, or saying I can’t purchase from them, because they don’t ship to Germany?”
  1. Is it necessary to use a VPN to connect to the sites? 
  2. Please provide me with a couple of site names to allow me to test & work out the best solution for you? 

Additional free Kaspersky Secure Connection information:

• The daily data allowance is 200mb, if a one time connection is made to (your) MyKaspersky account the daily data allowance increases to 300mb daily. 
  • The free Kaspersky  Secure Connection has no Technical Support.
  • The free Kaspersky Secure Connection may have “promotional” (a fluffy word for advertising) & informational material. 
  • The free  Kaspersky Secure Connection has no “switch” to select to choose not to receive promotional & informational material.

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

What is Kaspersky Secure Connection

About Kaspersky Secure Connection

Kaspersky Secure Connection: available versions and subscription options

Hello @Chequers,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying👌

• The Kaspersky Secure Connection is a VPN. If that’s active, & the default remote location is Germany or any other remote location, Amazon or Lifepoints will always think you’re physically located in Gemany or somewhere that’s not Australia. 
  • A VPN/Kaspersky Secure Connection “hides” a source (your computer) IP address, by passing the traffic thru many different servers, ending up in the exit destination, in this case Germany.
  • To successfully purchase from Amazon or Lifepoints, do not use the Kaspersky Secure Connection. 
  1. Is Kaspersky’s Secure Connection being used by choice? 
  2. May I have an image of the (front screen) of the Kaspersky Secure Connection application please? 

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 8 months later...

I’m in Australia, and sometimes when I connect my secure connection, it connects through a totally different country. Today it’s Germany. Then when I try to log into some sites, it’s the German site, and I don’t read German! There is no option to connect through Australia, so what can I do?

I`ve just noticed that Australia appeared in the list of available servers. Please check, hope this helps.

I`ve just noticed that Australia appeared in the list of available servers. Please check, hope this helps.

Hello @molann.

Welcome back!

Please show us an image of Kaspersky Secure Connection with remote virtual location: Australia ?

About the virtual server

The VPN server is your virtual location in a region that you can select when enabling a secure connection. For example, you can select a specific region for visiting websites of banks or social networks, or configure a secure connection for specific websites. The secure connection settings created for specific websites take priority over the settings specified for website categories.

If you are using the standard version of the application, you can only access a free server. When using a free server, the application selects the region even if you indicated a specific region for the selected website.

The following virtual servers are currently available in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection:

Free
    Fastest
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Hong Kong (China)
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Spain
    Italy
    Canada
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Russia
    Singapore
    USA
    USA-East Coast
    USA-West Coast
    USA-South
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    France
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Japan

The exact list of regions with available virtual servers is independent of the version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and is subject to change.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @molann.

Interesting. 

Device has been restarted. 

According to Kaspersky documentation:

The following virtual servers are currently available in Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection:

Free
    Fastest
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Hong Kong (China)
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Spain
    Italy
    Canada
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    Poland
    Russia
    Singapore
    USA
    USA-East Coast
    USA-West Coast
    USA-South
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    France
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    Japan

The exact list of regions with available virtual servers is independent of the version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection and is subject to change.

Additionally, according to @Anton Mefodys, the global distribution of patch(a)  remains in progress.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 3 weeks later...

same problem here and i’m from us, it keeps taking me to another country and when i type say yahoo.com it brings me to what ever country it want to.

so far i was able to stop 3 friends from buying this cause of this problem, wish in 1 hand and you know the rest.

sorry i bought it.

same problem here and i’m from us, it keeps taking me to another country and when i type say yahoo.com it brings me to what ever country it want to. so far i was able to stop 3 friends from buying this cause of this problem, wish in 1 hand and you know the rest. sorry i bought it.

Hello @dude

Welcome!

1. Is the Kaspersky VPN a Premium subscription or the free version? 
  2. If it’s the Premium version, are you selecting a remote virtual server/country of your choice or is the default “Fastest”? 

If it’s set to Fastest, the software will choose the remote location automatically, that may be any of the servers/countries available. 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

hi i purchased premium, even when clicking on my mail it will give language in another country.

how do i keep it in english, US.

i have also click united states and it will give me another country, beginning i chose wrong product’

i understand it hides your location and info on you but i need to stay in english.

other sites i went to so far. a few will go to another language and some will stay the same.

most are from book marks. figured to keep yahoo as English had to put in https://us.yahoo.com/ where as before it was just yahoo.com. it just very frustrating when your not to good at PC usage.

i hope i’m explaining it right.

Hello @dude

Thank you for updating us, you’ve explained it very well👌

We understand it’s very frustrating, the VPN should be stay in English if you’ve manually selected any of the US remote virtual servers, however, it sounds like something is not right🤔

Unfortunately, we cannot replicate the issue. 

1. Does the “language changes from English, when using mail & bookmarks” happen in every browser: Chrome, Firefox & Edge Chromium? 
  • We recommend uninstalling & clean installing Kaspersky VPN, if that does not work, contact Kaspersky Technical Support → on the Support page, select your location, select Application use, select from options: Online Chat (not available all locations), Phone (not available all locations), & or Submit a request → via the MyKaspersky account → follow the template below:

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋