Connect to My Kaspersky over Teamviewer

QuantumX

I’m trying to install Kaspersky Cloud on my parents’ PC remotely via Teamviewer but the program does not allow me to interact with it to sign in to the My Kaspersky account, which if I don’t the protection is not active. This is a severe limitation which if it cannot be bypassed will force me to go back to my previous Antivirus since this is still a Windows 7 PC

I get that the self-defense mechanism should prevent actions over Teamviewer to disable protection, but surely not to ENABLE it?? This seems like lazy programming. If (Teamviewer = Active){Interaction = Denied}?

So the program is preventing interaction at the cost of leaving protection completely off?? This seems like a logical fallacy

Hello @QuantumX,

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Is Allow managing Kaspersky Security Cloud settings via remote control applications enabled? “If this check box is selected, trusted remote administration applications (such as TeamViewer, LogMeIn Pro and Remotely Anywhere) can change Kaspersky Security Cloud settings.”
  3. How is Self-Defense settings configured? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium (Family or Personal) or Free? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @QuantumX,

Welcome!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Is Allow managing Kaspersky Security Cloud settings via remote control applications enabled? “If this check box is selected, trusted remote administration applications (such as TeamViewer, LogMeIn Pro and Remotely Anywhere) can change Kaspersky Security Cloud settings.”
  3. How is Self-Defense settings configured? 
  4. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium (Family or Personal) or Free? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi there,

At the moment I cannot check version info etc of Kaspersky since I cannot interact with the software, and the OP mentioned it’s Windows 7 (SP1 to be exact) so I’ll skip point 1.

Point 2 can be skipped also since the software is not active yet, nor can I interact with it to check the setting you’ve mentioned.

Point 3 can be skipped for the same reason as point 2.

Point 4: This is Kaspersky Security Cloud Free.

Thanks.

Hello @QuantumX

Thank you for taking the time to update us!

The information we’ve provided is to assist you resolve the remote access issue. 

Are your parents unable to check? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Getting them to enter the account details manually and change the self-defense settings is possible, but this is not a solution to the problem I am posting about, it is merely a workaround. So consider this a thought experiment of “what if nobody is available to physically access the computer?”

The problem is that the self-defense is configured in such a way that the software cannot be installed and activated remotely, since interaction is not possible. And the settings to enable remote interaction can also not be reached since to use the GUI you need the software to be activated with the My Kaspersky account in the first place. 

The fact that the software is preventing remote interaction at the login stage of the installation is a design flaw and counter-productive because yes you’ve now protected the software from being changed remotely, but in doing that you have prevented the software’s protection from being activated at all since that is only done after successfully signing in. It’s a case of “congratulations, you played yourself”

For example if this was a headless computer it would not be possible to install or activate this product. This seems like a big oversight in design, or even a defect.

If there are no solutions to this problem that doesn’t involve physical interaction with the computer, please point me to where I can raise this as a bug or defect?