Confused on VPN and Renewing

Hi,

Reading the FAQ I believe that my original product Kaspersky Security Cloud is now Kaspersky Plus. My program auto updated to reflect this.

The FQA also says unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus. My VPN however as part of the plus package has a 500mb daily limit. I contact support but they said "As we checked the activation code it is still for Kaspersky Security Cloud and not the Kaspersky Plus. As of now the Kaspersky Plus and all the new license has been stopped. For now, we only have the usual Kaspersky license for sale."

This seems to be different again from the FQA that says "Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards."

And now onto actually buying the thing (due to expire at end of month) ... if I goto buy within Kaspersky Plus it takes me to the security cloud page and offers that product?? Should I not be looking to buy Kaspersky Plus now?

Edited by flyg

Hello @flyg

Welcome!

It may be difficult for the Community to assist as we have no access to your records, however, we can answer the generic questions, so let's start there: 

1. Kaspersky Plus does include Unlimited (Premium) VPN; it's documented in: Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium - Comparison of subscription plans; in Kaspersky's advertising & in Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, written by @Danila T. 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.606f6446437e459286bf360a915b48c4.png

2. Regarding: "Activation codes between these pairs of apps will be compatible backwards and forwards.", this statement is correct, however, the response from Support requires further information... 
  3. When Support said: "As of now the Kaspersky Plus and all the new license has been stopped.", did they say why
  4. When the original software was installed & working correctly, was it a Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal subscription or a Kaspersky Security Cloud Family subscription? 
  5. When the original software was installed & working correctly, had you purchased a separate Kaspersky VPN Premium subscription?
  6. Did Support provide an incident reference number? 
  7. Post an image of the front/first screen of the Kaspersky application GUI please, please hide your email address before posting the image. 
  8. Which REGION are you in please, we need to check if MR6 is available there? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks. Based on the form post here - 

1. I think the issue is I've been moved from Security Cloud to Kaspersky Plus but not got the VPN part. 

2 + 3.image.thumb.png.66eb8349658f1e9dd0d7ee8f53b0e203.png

I think they maybe made a typo and meant Security cloud been stopped?

4. I had Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal

5. No

6. yea its ID INC000014227831

7. image.png.f5730e65e0dcf29ea527a331bcf71dd8.png

When I goto VPN it says

image.png.c58da6d6b535d3a5429f1e928c5759ac.png

When i try and hit enter reg code it says

image.png.946ba3c001ee52ad925ccf7c4fc1f9ee.png

When i go into my kaspersky i see

image.thumb.png.ad4fe00a478e0f590c24dcfc716cbbe2.png

8. UK

I can live with no unlimited VPN until end of July when I assumed I would just be buying Kaspersky Plus since Cloud is discontinued but clicking the link to buy takes me to Kaspersky Security Cloud (2022) | Cloud Antivirus | Kaspersky which would mean buying cloud all over again?

Hello @flyg

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information & the images!

• We contacted Support, they apologised & advised the UK, Kaspersky Plus distribution rollout was suspended in March 2022 & is currently unavailable from their UK website; they've escalated the issue to Russia HQ experts to provide further information, as soon as it's available we will update this topic. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2022 at 7:14 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @flyg

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information & the images!

• We contacted Support, they apologised & advised the UK, Kaspersky Plus distribution rollout was suspended in March 2022 & is currently unavailable from their UK website; they've escalated the issue to Russia HQ experts to provide further information, as soon as it's available we will update this topic. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Is there any news about this topic?

Edited by Hash

52 minutes ago, Hash said:

Is there any news about this topic?

Hello @Hash

Your timing is immaculate, after 27 emails in total, 13 from us, we received the last on Friday, it's been more difficult than pulling hens teeth; in a nutshell, this is what they said: 

1. For the UK, Kaspersky Plus is currently not available for purchase > released is postponed - no eta yet.
  2. Upgrade available only for small part of the customers (upgrade only via database update). If the is customer not selected (by Kaspersky), it is not possible to get upgrade.
  3. If a customer already has a new type license (i.e. Basic, Standard, Plus), it is possible to renew it. But it's not possible to buy a new license until it released in UK.

--------------------------

• As you may already know, if you renew the subscription, it will begin immediately, but the software may be Kaspersky Security Cloud, not Kaspersky Plus; having said that, we just checked the UK site: https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/plus; it appears as tho Kaspersky Plus is available, perhaps you'd like to check? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hash

Your timing is immaculate, after 27 emails in total, 13 from us, we received the last on Friday, it's been more difficult than pulling hens teeth; in a nutshell, this is what they said: 

1. For the UK, Kaspersky Plus is currently not available for purchase > released is postponed - no eta yet.
  2. Upgrade available only for small part of the customers (upgrade only via database update). If the is customer not selected (by Kaspersky), it is not possible to get upgrade.
  3. If a customer already has a new type license (i.e. Basic, Standard, Plus), it is possible to renew it. But it's not possible to buy a new license until it released in UK.

--------------------------

• As you may already know, if you renew the subscription, it will begin immediately, but the software may be Kaspersky Security Cloud, not Kaspersky Plus; having said that, we just checked the UK site: https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/plus; it appears as tho Kaspersky Plus is available, perhaps you'd like to check? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thanks for your effort for solving the issue. Meanwhile I am glad to receive your reply.

Is there any new information about the traffic of the VPN when a upgrading progress from Security Cloud Personal to Plus is applied? Will it be unlimited that is mentioned in the Plus plan information?

6 minutes ago, Hash said:

Is there any new information about the traffic of the VPN when a upgrading progress from Security Cloud Personal to Plus is applied? Will it be unlimited that is mentioned in the Plus plan information?

Hello @Hash

You're most welcome!

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, by Danila T.  -> Q3. Is unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus?

• Yes.

image.thumb.png.7cc7c9151f6ae7b73a36b61616036876.png

Thank you?

Flood?+?

8 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hash

You're most welcome!

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, by Danila T.  -> Q3. Is unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus?

• Yes.

image.thumb.png.7cc7c9151f6ae7b73a36b61616036876.png

Thank you?

Flood?+?

So sorry for boring you. But for confirmation, let me propose my issue clearly.

The concernful issue is about the traffic of the VPN after the upgrading progress is completed.

I can believe the VPN in Plus plan is unlimited. As the user flgy mentioned, he can use the VPN with only 500MB, even though his upgrading progress is completed, which is different from the FAQ.

Hello @Hash

Kaspersky has advised: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, by Danila T.  -> Q3. Is unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus?

Answer = Yes.

& the product page, we've already posted. 

--------------------------------------------

Kaspersky rolled out K+ as an automated upgrade, flyg got K+, but did not get the full package; then for reasons known only to Kaspersky, they suspended the rollout; when flyg tried to remedy the issue the only software that was available was Kaspersky Security Cloud -> Kaspersky Security Cloud comes with VPN Free/Limited. 

• ?Do you have the same issue that @flyg had

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

14 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hash

Kaspersky has advised: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, by Danila T.  -> Q3. Is unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus?

Answer = Yes.

& the product page, we've already posted. 

--------------------------------------------

Kaspersky rolled out K+ as an automated upgrade, flyg got K+, but did not get the full package; then for reasons known only to Kaspersky, they suspended the rollout; when flyg tried to remedy the issue the only software that was available was Kaspersky Security Cloud -> Kaspersky Security Cloud comes with VPN Free/Limited. 

• ?Do you have the same issue that @flyg had

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Yes, I have.

When kaspersky announces a official release of KasperskyPlus in this summer, will flyg and I get the full package?

Will the traffic of VPN be as same as KasperskyPlus automatically?

2 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hash

Thank you for posting back!

IF the Kaspersky documentation & product blurb is correct, then yes, however, we suggest you log a case with Kaspersky Support > https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, ask themimage.thumb.jpeg.43a6c9ab3a57a5da7e12a1189029e5f2.jpeg

• When they answer, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thank you.

I contact support team but they only told me the VPN with 500MB traffic is included in KSC and closed my case suddenly.

I get no answer from the support team.

4 minutes ago, Hash said:

I contact support team but they only told me the VPN with 500MB traffic is included in KSC and closed my case suddenly. I get no answer from the support team.

Hello @Hash

• It is correct that KSC has VPN Free/Limited with 300/500MB/daily. 
  1. How did you contact support, via Chat or Email? 
  2. Did support provide an incident reference number? 
  3. What questions did you ask support? 
  4. IF you got no satisfactory answer - ask again, explain to them they did not answer the questions you needed answered...  
  • Note, we can only go by what Kaspersky have publicly documented & published, we don't have a crystal ball, if we tell you x & it turns out to be y, that's going to be a problem. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Just now, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Hash

• It is correct that KSC has VPN Free/Limited with 300/500MB/daily. 
  1. How did you contact support, via Chat or Email? 
  2. Did support provide an incident reference number? 
  3. What questions did you ask support? 
  4. IF you got no satisfactory answer - ask again, explain to them they did not answer the questions you needed answered...  
  • Note, we can only go by what Kaspersky have publicly documented & published, we don't have a crystal ball, if we tell you x & it turns out to be y, that's going to be a problem. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thank you but I will contact the support after a official release of the Plus plan.

Now, I think there is no accurate answer from kaspersky Support Team

• Like 1