Computer shutting down

Donna M

Recently my desktop computer kept shutting down “Device ran into problems need to restart” with a :( symbol.  I thought I had a virus and ran the complete scan on my device and external harddrive.  I have taken my desktop into a service consultant and started to use my laptop.  All of a sudden it is happening on that computer as well.  When restarting Kaspersky program sends a report about the problem but I have heard nothing back.  The only things that matched are having a flash drive that I have plugged into both but again I did a scan of the drive and the use of Kaspersky.  Any suggestions.

I’m pretty sure the problem is with Kaspersky.  I paused the program on my laptop and after 3 hours my computer has not restarted.

I not sure where the link is to Tech Support link is on this website so not sure where to get in touch.

What I was eventually  advised to do on my laptop is uninstalled Kaspersky and then reinstall.  Before I did that though I tried to get updates and got a message that the update failed.  I did take the program off and reinstalled it  and logged back in, that worked so no problems on the laptop.  

I decided that my desktop have Windows 10 reinstalled so that wipes the hard drive, so I will be starting fresh.

Thank you everyone for your help.